First Look: Cobra KING Utility Iron

I'm looking to use it mainly as a tee option for tight par 4's and holes i don't want to hit driver on.
SZ might be the way then if launch is your friend!

2U will be here today. I plan on it becoming the ideal wind killer (y)

And USPS absolutely SUCKS.

Delivery delayed, as has been everything I’ve gotten via USPS the past two months.

Should arrive amid the early week ice :ROFLMAO:

2 shots with this today, first one was uphill Par 4 good contact, little fade 180 off the tee fairway shot.

Second shot was why we golf:

1C612ED4-2D81-4D40-A77D-414F09004FCC.png
220 yard middle of the fairway finder on this Par 5

Plenty of forgiveness, slightly better ball flight for me still mid penetrating flight with the Elevate 95 than the TT DG105 in the set Forged Tec 4i and the SZ with Catalyst

Looking forward to how this helps my tee game go forward

Tomorrow is 2 iron day! Let’s gooooooooo!

Maybe I’ll get some mere mortal data if I get the time after delivery.

Time for piss missiles.

708BCC07-D88B-4E69-8020-E43A6500A63E.jpegFB3A3245-AB52-4222-9C7E-AF042F2EB28D.jpeg

And yes, USPS took 12 days to deliver a priority package.

Those are my favorite kind of missiles. I’m beyond jealous of your purchasing decisions recently!
Im bound and determined to figure out a setup with flexibility for the course, distance, and weather at the top.

Also, I got this used, and hilariously it’s shorter than my KING 4U, and there are some ball mark low toe off the grooves that show whoever had it, didn’t need to be playing a 2i. :ROFLMAO:

What shaft is in it?

The "3" iron is on my radar to upgrade from my original generation UT.

What shaft is in it?

Catalyst that’s cut way down. I’m either putting an GOST or MMT into it

What shaft is in it?

I’ll add, this is the first one of their UT I’ve gotten on well with and enjoyed the feel as well as believing the adjustability to be a useful tuning tool.

Having a really good time the last couple of rounds with the UT off the tee. Thinking about going graphite though and getting the KBS Hybrid shaft to put in here at 3 iron length and lofting back up 22.5*

Should be a fun experiment.

Just acquired a 2U to try out, going to put it up against my SZ 4i and see the difference. Really looking for a low launch mid flight off the tee option. While I hit the SZ very well I think the flight was too high and I hot zero roll. I want Tiger stingers!

Just acquired a 2U to try out, going to put it up against my SZ 4i and see the difference. Really looking for a low launch mid flight off the tee option. While I hit the SZ very well I think the flight was too high and I hot zero roll. I want Tiger stingers!
It’ll launch lower, but probably not as low as you expect. I prefer it to the SZ though.

Have not enjoyed my SZ 4i nearly as much since I put the hybrid shaft in. Still pretty high launch but having a harder time finding the center.

Curious how the experiment goes for ya as I might be looking for one (or a OL 3h 🤔) soon.

It’ll launch lower, but probably not as low as you expect. I prefer it to the SZ though.
Thats kind of a bummer. It has a Recoil 780 ES F4 in it. Might want to try the hybrid shaft route at some point. Very curious to see how it performs compared to not only the SZ 4i but the 2h that I hit so well last year.

Thats kind of a bummer. It has a Recoil 780 ES F4 in it. Might want to try the hybrid shaft route at some point. Very curious to see how it performs compared to not only the SZ 4i but the 2h that I hit so well last year.
Beauty here though is you can turn it down to try and hit the window you want to see

I'll be following this along, because off the tee my SZ 4i is a bit too high. Hopefully you find a good compromise with the 2U!

First swing with this beast a straight laser beam 220 haha

First swing with this beast a straight laser beam 220 haha
Careful, you may only get one good round in and then have to give it away:LOL:

Back