How many birdies do you want to make in 2021?

Hoping to get in about 70 rounds in this year and would be happy to get 50+ birdies (about a 5% rate)

My birdie rate has been on a steady rise each year. Last year I almost got to 1 per round (up from 1 every 3 rounds 6 or 7 years ago) and 2nd half of 2020 exceeded 1/rnd. So my pipe dream is to average at least 1 birdie/round at every course I play in 2021. I also carded 4 eagles in 2020 and I'd love to match it. Not likely since I've never had multiple eagles in a season before. Only have 14 total in 40+ years golfing. I'll track my progress here in the order I 1st play a course this year. So far pretty good - just 1 failed course.

Silo Ridge MO 1 round / 2 birds
Cardinal Creek IL 1 round / 0 birds
Island Green MO 1 round / 2 birds
Bill & Payne Stewart MO 2 rounds / 2 birds
Rivercut MO 4 rounds / 5 birds
Hidden Valley MO 2 rounds / 3 birds
Horton Smith MO 1 round / 1 bird

12 rounds / 15 birds / 0 eagles / at least one birdie in 9 rounds

Last edited:
Interest question. Thanks for posting it

Once I get my eyes fixed, and start playing/practicing again, on a more serious, regular basis, I'm thinking maybe rolling in a bird, or two in 25% of my rounds would be a decent, achievable goal.

I think a realistic goal is one bird per round. Wait, don't we have a thread for that already?

I'm going to have to dig deep in my memory banks to see if I can determine if I have been able to make birdie on every one of the 27 holes at my home course. If I determine that I haven't, I would like to knock at least one of those off the outstanding list this year.

With coaching soccer I’m never sure how many rounds I can get in since I can’t ramp up until June. But I’m going to set a number at 100. Most of the time I’m good for one or two a round. So that may be an ambitious number but I plan on playing a lot this summer after the soccer season. Big things to prepare for in December and all! Excited to keep track of the birdies in here though!

there’s also a damn par 3 on my home course that eludes me with a birdie. Getting one to drop there would give me one on all 18 holes in my home course so that will be a goal this year as well

I think a realistic goal is one bird per round. Wait, don't we have a thread for that already?
We do have a thread but that’s just how many rounds in a row can you make a birdie. At least that’s the one I think you’re thinking of. Apologies if I’m mistaken!

This is a cool one setting a goal for a number and seeing if you can reach it!

Would like to average at least 2 per round so should get to around 500. No chance I keep track of them though. Haha. Remembering to post in the how many rounds in a row with birdie thread is challenging enough.

I would like to make 1 a round. However, I’ll throw out a more realistic number of 20 for the season.

I'll be ambitious and say one more per round than than last year. I'm hopeful as I've been getting 2-3 hours of putting drills/practice each day as I revamp my putting this spring. I've changed almost everything about my putting(length, grip, ball position, head/eye position, pre-shot routine) and so far, I'm super pleased with the progress I've made in the last 10 days. On the indoor green at least, I'm a better putter than I was a few weeks ago and looking forward to the season starting soon so I can take it to the course. :)

I had 23 last year in 31 rounds. Aiming for 40+ this year.

I’m going bold hoping for 2 per round. Good luck to all on your birdie quest

Would like to average at least 2 per round so should get to around 500. No chance I keep track of them though. Haha. Remembering to post in the how many rounds in a row with birdie thread is challenging enough.
If you come in here and after every round and tally them you can! 😀

If you come in here and after every round and tally them you can! 😀

True. Or, if someone other than me wants to kill some time, they can go in the how many rounds with birdie thread and add 'em up. Lol

I got my first birdie in 2019. Ever since then I've aimed for 1 per round and I'll stick with that goal for this year as well.

Make it 34 in 31 rounds, had 2 today.

Not nearly enough!

I'm curious to know the GIR% of those with handicaps between 10-19 that are getting about 1 birdie per round or better. I'm guessing 50% or better GIR must be the number. :confused2:

Realistically? 15 for the year I think

If I could average 2 a round for the year I'd be thrilled. Would love to have 3 but I know that unlikely. It all depends on my putting.

Would love a dozen.

The per round goals are great! I was hoping to get 2 to 2.5 per round.
Last year I played 40 rounds which was a nice increase from the previous years. We are going to join somewhere which will hopefully increase those rounds even more.

Back