Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

4/4 fairways with the B21 today. I’m playing with a lot of confidence with this driver.
What loft are you playing?
Shaft?
Index?
Regular driver miss?
Distance loss / gained vs your SZ?

Shaft?
Index?
Regular driver miss?
Hahahaha I can answer this for my guy Spicoli

X
LOW
Yes.
Yes.

:ROFLMAO:

Hahahaha I can answer this for my guy Spicoli

X
LOW
Yes.
Yes.

:ROFLMAO:
Thanks. I don’t need a driver - I’m very happy with my SZ - but I keep coming back to this one. Spiccolo is coming from a similar set up and I remembered him talking to forgiveness so I’m curious.

So looking at the Maverik Max, how is the b21 different in forgiveness, launch, spin, ball speed, draw bias ect. ?

Thanks. I don’t need a driver - I’m very happy with my SZ - but I keep coming back to this one. Spiccolo is coming from a similar set up and I remembered him talking to forgiveness so I’m curious.
The fact that a guy at his HIGH ball speeds can play this, says everything. It’s as low spin as the SZ for most, but still forgiving and built to help the miss the VAAAAAAAST majority of golfers battle.

It is a true unicorn. This has never been done before, ever.

So looking at the Maverik Max, how is the b21 different in forgiveness, launch, spin, ball speed, draw bias ect. ?
It’s about 500 RPM lower spinning, capable of as much if not more ball speed, easy launching, and amply forgiving.

As for bias, this is literally designed to minimize the most common miss in golf, but it’s not a hook prone head by any means.

Dont sleep on it. Its good for Spicoli and its good for me, and we're about a far apart a possible for driver swings.

I played another 9 with the B21 yesterday. I CAN say that it is very forgiving and straight with a square club head at impact. Extreme toe and heel hits go straight. I did loose distance, but it was straight. WAY more forgiving than my M4D and JPX900.

Shaft?
Index?
Regular driver miss?

Sorry for the delayed response. 9*. Index is 2.4. Regular miss is a big ole slice. I went from the Epic SZ, to the standard Mavrik to this one. Head to head with the standard Mavrik I was seeing more consistent ball speeds. The biggest difference I saw was on the big right was not as penal—ball speed retention and distance was higher for the B21. I think the standard Mavrik is forgiving but this is even more so.

So maybe this isn't the right thread, but I'll put it out here. I made it to the LGS and finally got to hit this with the LinQ shaft in it. Full caveat, these were my first driver swings since November. That being said, I was seeing some pretty high backspin numbers. I'd say it was consistently over 3k and often pushed over 3.5k. I was using a Callaway Chrome soft ball. I have the driver dialed down to 9.5 and set at N on the 10.5* head. Is there a driver adjustment I could make to lower that spin?

I still want to try out this driver but they're not on CPO yet. I ordered a Mav max in the meantime.

You guys are killing me. Got my B21 right before having to have neck surgery - got maybe 2 rounds in with it. I’m cleared to start my return in about a month. Can’t wait to pull that thing out of the bag.

So maybe this isn't the right thread, but I'll put it out here. I made it to the LGS and finally got to hit this with the LinQ shaft in it. Full caveat, these were my first driver swings since November. That being said, I was seeing some pretty high backspin numbers. I'd say it was consistently over 3k and often pushed over 3.5k. I was using a Callaway Chrome soft ball. I have the driver dialed down to 9.5 and set at N on the 10.5* head. Is there a driver adjustment I could make to lower that spin?

I would say correct thread. When I first ordered the B21, I got the 10.5*. Hit it very high, and returned the 10.5* to Callaway in exchange for the 9*. 9* produces a much better trajectory for me with lower spin. I am not very familiar with that shaft, but other than going to a lower loft, you can try a lower spinning shaft. YMMV.

I'm no fitter, but just from things I've picked up, I'd say that when you lower the loft, even though it's set at N, the face opens slightly. If your miss is to the right or you cut the ball, the more open face might lead to kind of swiping the ball at impact. Add in the loft likely being a touch high still and it's a recipe for spin disaster.

I'm no fitter, but just from things I've picked up, I'd say that when you lower the loft, even though it's set at N, the face opens slightly. If your miss is to the right or you cut the ball, the more open face might lead to kind of swiping the ball at impact. Add in the loft likely being a touch high still and it's a recipe for spin disaster.
So it sounds like the quickest attempt to fix my backspin issue would be (through a driver adjustment) would be to set the driver to the Draw setting instead of Neutral correct?

I took my B21 out for it's maiden voyage the other day and I was just dumbfounded. My drives were all straight or they had a baby draw! My usual when I try and chase it is a right side push but that is gone completely as well as leakers that I've had from time to time. I'm sorry to say but my G400 MAX has just been demoted to my closet.
This driver is just flat out amazing plus it has a better sound than the Ping IMO! I also tried the MAVRIK/MAX and as they say, not even close to the forgiveness/performance of the B21. As endorsements goes, anyone who is a right side player, or one that wants to turn their shots into slight draws should give this driver a shot before making a final decision. BTW, this is my first Callaway driver purchase in 5 years.

More than likely, it’s a swing trait thing.

That’s the part of this damn game that’s always most frustrating.

I took my B21 out for it's maiden voyage the other day and I was just dumbfounded. My drives were all straight or they had a baby draw! My usual when I try and chase it is a right side push but that is gone completely as well as leakers that I've had from time to time. I'm sorry to say but my G400 MAX has just been demoted to my closet.
This driver is just flat out amazing plus it has a better sound than the Ping IMO! I also tried the MAVRIK/MAX and as they say, not even close to the forgiveness/performance of the B21. As endorsements goes, anyone who is a right side player, or one that wants to turn their shots into slight draws should give this driver a shot before making a final decision. BTW, this is my first Callaway driver purchase in 5 years.
Welcome to the light.

:LOL:

Got to take this thing out to the sim for some golf this weekend. I was pleased with the results for sure. I'd estimate I was at 65-70% for fairways with it, and the fade was in play but again really mitigated nicely. The only thing that I will say is, and hopefully it gets better as I get into the swing of things, is I seem to have lost distance in a big way. Maybe it was just a magical run I had in Florida with this thing, but I'm not even sniffing 300 yards right now. My best drive in warmups got to 291, but in play my longest was 280 and average was around 265. We'll see what happens, but I'm starting to wonder if the distance I saw in Florida was just some temporary THP magic.

Got to take this thing out to the sim for some golf this weekend. I was pleased with the results for sure. I'd estimate I was at 65-70% for fairways with it, and the fade was in play but again really mitigated nicely. The only thing that I will say is, and hopefully it gets better as I get into the swing of things, is I seem to have lost distance in a big way. Maybe it was just a magical run I had in Florida with this thing, but I'm not even sniffing 300 yards right now. My best drive in warmups got to 291, but in play my longest was 280 and average was around 265. We'll see what happens, but I'm starting to wonder if the distance I saw in Florida was just some temporary THP magic.
I mean, to be fair, only like 5% of golfers can sniff 300 :ROFLMAO:

I mean, to be fair, only like 5% of golfers can sniff 300 :ROFLMAO:
This is true. I'm your typical golfer though, I have a weekend where I clear 300 yards multiple times and suddenly I expect to be a 300+ yard driver all the time :LOL:

This is true. I'm your typical golfer though, I have a weekend where I clear 300 yards multiple times and suddenly I expect to be a 300+ yard driver all the time :LOL:
Hahaha! We all do, that’s why we are here! :ROFLMAO:

I took mine out to the range on Friday and didn't have a great go. I've only got one good round of 9 with this driver in the bag. I'm pretty sure the shaft is giving me the fits and am going to look for a different shaft for it. Anyone want to get rid of a regular flex 55gr shaft they want to get rid of?

I tried to put that 14th Ben Hogan club back in the bag, but the B21 wouldn't let it happen! It just flat out performs! It mitigates my terrible drives and accentuates my better ones! I have so much confidence standing on the tee with this driver! It's hard to imagine anything being better!

Back