Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Both pretty hard to argue with choices. Can't lose? Which shape do you have less of in the stable - maybe branch out?

I got drawn in by this line. Ordered a Rossie S SL yesterday. I rolled these at the store and was so impressed. White Hot is an iconic putter and I missed to original Odyssey craze,, so I pretty stoked about trying out both White Hot and especially the Rossie S for a bit.
I actually rolled a 7 with a micro hinge insert in the past. Good looking putter. That would be my first non blade choice….

So weeks ago I posted that I would be comparing the stroke lab 1 against my Toulon. Never happened as it was never shipped (not directly through Callaway unfortunately) so I just ended up canceling the order.

Now I'm debating if I should order one or pick one up locally. Can't decide which model though. SL1? or SL7?
I have both the 1WS and the 7S. I really like both, but I think that I will settle into the 7S. I putted so well with it yesterday, despite never having had it on a real practice green.

I think the 7s has a lot of potential based on practice putting but it's been mostly cold during the 3 rounds I've put it in play Not sure what to do... give it more time or sell / trade it???

I think the 7s has a lot of potential based on practice putting but it's been mostly cold during the 3 rounds I've put it in play Not sure what to do... give it more time or sell / trade it???
More time. It’s early!

More time. It’s early!
Patience is low when I only play once a week! 😂 I've never loved slant necks but went with one this time because of the toe hang.

Rossie has arrived 🔥

0E38663F-9506-482E-9581-42331900A8E1.jpegF8895EFE-1AB9-46EC-9CBB-3ACCF7138227.jpegFEC80135-FB58-4E0E-9B13-F1574C0C9F2F.jpeg2AE9F195-5E4A-4EFE-97E0-6E5E60640E4B.jpeg

pretty shape, what's the back-scoop-pickup-the-ball situation with that one?

Sadly, I took the golf balls and putting target I had at work home a couple weeks ago. I'll check it out later and report back

I rolled the Rossie S and 7s yesterday and I’m pulling the trigger on one of them soon. Currently gaming a Ten which I love too but the 2 ball I had back in the day was my favorite putter of all time and these feel nearly identical to me. I was fit for some toe hang 2 ball is out but most likely the 7s will be in the bag this weekend

Let it be known that Odyssey Golf listens. They listen to their Tour staff, their professional staff, sales team, and they listen to us. Why do I lead with this? Because finally, the company is giving us what so many have asked for, the White Hot is back!

That said, in the immortal words of one LL Cool J, “Don’t call it a comeback, I been here for years”.

For 2021 Odyssey Golf is officially releasing the White Hot OG lineup of putters, and this putter nerd who has been screaming from the rooftops for years about officially bringing the greatest putter insert of all-time back couldn’t hold back the excitement even if I wanted to.

Let’s dive in.

Continue reading...
I might have to finally replace the Original Rossie my son "borrowed".

A few more pictures in better light because the subject is photogenic. I love the contour milling on the bumpers. Flows beautifully.

88B7BC58-6B2D-4F9F-A484-12FBC98409DD.jpeg7027008E-208A-47C9-8C74-A58EC2F716B4.jpeg9736A345-6329-479E-B09A-2D4EEBA83786.jpeg

🔥🐔

985F6799-C6B0-414C-901C-81943AA42F9E.jpeg370B5D14-A1AB-4DD5-A29F-CCD08C05CEE5.jpeg

pretty shape, what's the back-scoop-pickup-the-ball situation with that one?

Back scoop is not the easiest picker-upper. Fairly think on the trailing edge.

Well went back to PGASS today and rolled the 7s and 1WS. I am a 7s (EXO) guy already and love that shape but I really rolled the blade 1WS so well. Not sure but think I might go back to the blade. Has anyone else done that? I Love the FACE on both and they rolled the ball so well. Just can’t decide but will be putting one of them in the bag after training next week. will be my treat for upgrading.

Well went back to PGASS today and rolled the 7s and 1WS. I am a 7s (EXO) guy already and love that shape but I really rolled the blade 1WS so well. Not sure but think I might go back to the blade. Has anyone else done that? I Love the FACE on both and they rolled the ball so well. Just can’t decide but will be putting one of them in the bag after training next week. will be my treat for upgrading.
I like both of those heads a great deal. Indoors, the 1Ws is as good as anything I have ever tried. Outside, I think my lagging is a touch better with the 7s.

OUT: Stroke Lab Black #7S

IN: White Hot OG #7S

The feel from the insert is just so much better. Microhinge star is an absolute lemon.

OUT: Stroke Lab Black #7S

IN: White Hot OG #7S

The feel from the insert is just so much better. Microhinge star is an absolute lemon.
I mean, I’m one in the camp preferring the WH feel, but there is no denying the MH Star insert is the highest performance insert that Odyssey has.

I mean, I’m one in the camp preferring the WH feel, but there is no denying the MH Star insert is the highest performance insert that Odyssey has.

MH Star might be good at producing immediate forward roll.. but for me putting is all about feel.. and I know which option I prefer and performs better for me.

Clearly I have a bias for soft feeling putters. I couldn't find a ball soft enough to make the MH Star feel the way I wanted it to.

Put the White Hot OG 7s and in play and love it. The classic shape is amazing and I love the feel. Hard pondering the two ball ten with tour line...decisions decisions!

MH Star might be good at producing immediate forward roll.. but for me putting is all about feel.. and I know which option I prefer and performs better for me.

Clearly I have a bias for soft feeling putters. I couldn't find a ball soft enough to make the MH Star feel the way I wanted it to.
And it’s fair, preference is preference. Both are damn good inserts at what they do.

I'm the same way. I tried the MH Strokelab putters when they first came out, and just didn't like the feel of them. I LOVE the feel of the White Hot. My buddy bought a MH Strokelab and putts pretty well with it. But not quite as well as I do with his old WH that I traded him an A wedge for! He was lights out with his old WH, and I have no idea why he'd ever want to change.

Put the 1WS in to play today in place of my trusty Chicago. Loved everything about it. It put such a good roll on the ball and the feel is second to none. I got used to it quickly on our slower early season greens after a couple of holes of getting the pace down. Was able to keep my lines all day and was confident from almost anywhere I landed by the end of the day. Can't wait to get it back out there

Rolled the 7S with the Red Stroke Lab today. Man I forgot how much I love the feel of this insert. So good. The Red on the shaft pops so much. Really liked the look of it. This could be the one to finally make me move on from my O Works.

Back