KINETIXX TUNED ZERO TRQ Putter Shaft

Lol. I play DGX100, and I get great results with my daughter Cleveland Launcher UHX irons with Miyazaki ladies flex. The same goes with her 40 gram Quaranta shaft in her driver, nothing but high bombs right down the middle.
Strange, strange creatures.

Imagine what you could do with Kinetixx shafts..

I never really thought that a putter shaft would make a difference in such a small stroke :eek:
I think I saw somewhere that 1 degree is the difference between making or missing a putt at 8 feet. So, even a small amount of deflection could result in a big miss at 15 or 20 feet. Putters have always been such a subjective thing with sight, feel, etc. I think people are finally figuring out that technology can help them make more putts, rather than just picking one you like the look of.

B
I think I saw somewhere that 1 degree is the difference between making or missing a putt at 8 feet. So, even a small amount of deflection could result in a big miss at 15 or 20 feet. Putters have always been such a subjective thing with sight, feel, etc. I think people are finally figuring out that technology can help them make more putts, rather than just picking one you like the look of.
Not to mention, putter weights keep getting heavier but the shafts haven’t changed, it’s something that companies are finally seeking to address

really want to try this one... comparing a handful of putter shafts with the same head would be pretty interesting and fun

really want to try this one... comparing a handful of putter shafts with the same head would be pretty interesting and fun
Lots of really fun options out there!

Oh, the rabbit holes I go down. I didn't know how filament winding was exactly done, so I looked it up. For any other nerds interested, here are a couple cool videos regarding filament winding process. In particular, I like the second one regarding filament wound driveshafts, how they are compressed/wrapped for uniformity during curing, and subsequent imaging of the cross section for QA. Check out the torsion tester toward the end 💪

My point being, Paderson must be doing similar things to make golf shafts, and craftsmanship involved is fun to watch.

Oh, the rabbit holes I go down. I didn't know how filament winding was exactly done, so I looked it up. For any other nerds interested, here are a couple cool videos regarding filament winding process. In particular, I like the second one regarding filament wound driveshafts, how they are compressed/wrapped for uniformity during curing, and subsequent imaging of the cross section for QA. Check out the torsion tester toward the end 💪

My point being, Paderson must be doing similar things to make golf shafts, and craftsmanship involved is fun to watch.

Having seen this in person it is mind blowingly cool.

I've worked in aerospace composites for 15 years and this stuff still gets me excited.

I've worked in aerospace composites for 15 years and this stuff still gets me excited.

Me too. I've limited experience with composites, I'm a mechanical engineer by day. That translates into total hobby equipment geek during off hours.

By now we all know that putters are seemingly the wild west of shaft design with everyone trying to get a piece of the growing segment. Well, some are definitely putting more heart and effort into it than others, and one who is arguably putting the most technology into theirs is KINETIXX.

Last year I was able to spend time reviewing their original foray into putter shafts, the TUNED, of which the article can be found here. In terms of pure performance, it stood tall, but the design was almost too outside the box with the butt end of the shaft itself being the round grip and a very hefty overall weight.

Fast forward to now, and KINETIXX has heard the feedback, and are out to prove they can keep all of the top tier performance of their first putter shaft but put it into a more traditionally accepted overall package. Did they succeed?

Continue reading...

nice right up. Too bad you can’t install this into your mizuno head..

That’s a great looking shaft. Definitely more inviting with the more traditional weight. Need to test one of these eventually.

I want to test one of these out and the downside is that out of 40+ putters I have two that will accommodate this shaft(.370 straight shaft inner-hosel only). I likely put one in my Toulon Austin.

nice right up. Too bad you can’t install this into your mizuno head..
Yup. I’d LOVE to have it in that head shape, but alas.... 😢

I want to test one of these out and the downside is that out of 40+ putters I have two that will accommodate this shaft(.370 straight shaft inner-hosel only). I likely put one in my Toulon Austin.
Upside....that’d be a fun option :ROFLMAO:

One thing not touched on in the article is price. How many bills are we talking here?

Great job @Jman! Was waiting for this one. We already knew it wasn't all inclusive in the putters you can put it in but it's still a bummer because if it could go in my Chicago, It would be a done deal. Still, seems like an outstanding piece of equipment! I have a Seattle and a WH 1WS is could go in but I'm still trying to figure out if those are gamers for me. This shaft could make them step up though. Plenty of decisions to make lol

Time to get busy.

3553F546-8CA1-44F2-B368-FF47612D10F8.jpeg

Ooh. That red would look killer in a black SeeMore, or an Evnroll.

yes! such a good looking shaft and according to @Jman it works!

Back