JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Back in 2019, Cobra released the T-RAIL irons, which were a blend of hybrids and irons featuring hollow body technology and rails across the sole. They were a pretty big hit for those that tested them and today they are announcing a new version, aptly named, the 2021 Cobra T-RAIL irons.

2T-1024x692.jpg

The 2021 Cobra T-RAIL combines the forgiveness of the Baffler hybrid with the precision of an iron in a unique set that is all about performance. This evolution of the hybrid/iron debuts what they call Baffler Hollow Split Rails. Long tech term aside, it is pretty fascinating.

Hollow rails in the front create up to 70% more flex on the sole...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting a One Length release with these this time around. Could be a sneaky good 4 iron

Having played the T-Rails for a season, I can honestly say that the T-Rails are great clubs. They want to launch the ball high and straight with every swing, even mishits. If you’re not a strong iron player and have difficulty launching the ball high enough with your irons, these could be a game changer. The only bit of caution I’ll state is that they launch high. I struggled all year to try to flight the ball low when needed. They weren’t ideal for recovery shots where I had to flight the ball low.

Looks like another really good release from Cobra this year.

Think I'm going to have my dad demo these when he comes back this Spring. He's been struggling with his current irons and with his swing speed now, could use some extra help, especially with launch. Think these could be a really good fit for him.

Criminally underrated irons in the past. A build that would help a lot of golfers enjoy the game more.

Think I'm going to have my dad demo these when he comes back this Spring. He's been struggling with his current irons and with his swing speed now, could use some extra help, especially with launch. Think these could be a really good fit for him.

If you do look into them, pay attention to the shaft. From my experience in fitting and testing, the stock graphite were very light and it affected how the clubs felt in hand and while swinging. I ended up with Recoil 460 ESX in mine which was not the stock offering for the T Rails.

Another great release by Cobra. They truly have a deep set of options that will appeal to all players across the experience spectrum.

These certainly have great tech and fill a needed place in the golf club lineup and even better players might benefit at the long iron options.

Nice write-up.

Still have the OGs - great irons. I like the update l, looking forward to hitting them.

Pricepoint is still killer.

Another option for the Morgan Cup team. These might not have the flair of the copper, but are sweet looking for those that like hollow body.

Criminally underrated irons in the past. A build that would help a lot of golfers enjoy the game more.

Funny you say this! I won these from THP last year, and there was only a RH set so I gave them to a friend who was just starting the game.

The amount of improvement he saw from using these has been pretty incredible. These things are really good.

These look like another phenomenal release from Cobra. They really do seem to have an option for every single golfer out there, great job.

Those look fantastic for what they are. I have no doubt they perform as well.

Those look fantastic for what they are. I have no doubt they perform as well.

They perform as advertised. I wish that circumstances had been different and I could have demonstrated that for you and everyone last October in Vegas. They are incredibly easy to launch and the ball wants to travel high and straight.

Having played the T-Rails for a season, I can honestly say that the T-Rails are great clubs. They want to launch the ball high and straight with every swing, even mishits. If you’re not a strong iron player and have difficulty launching the ball high enough with your irons, these could be a game changer. The only bit of caution I’ll state is that they launch high. I struggled all year to try to flight the ball low when needed. They weren’t ideal for recovery shots where I had to flight the ball low.
I am curious what shafts they had? were they stock??
@JB Are these aimed at the over 50 crowd primarily?? Will they offer them in a OL setup?

A bit surprised this wasn't held until next year but the rate of sales on the current model must have been pretty strong.

Cobra is killing it with the variety of options available to the full spectrum of skill sets.

It seems like such an easy bvious pairing that these should be paired with OL some day

I am curious what shafts they had? were they stock??
@JB Are these aimed at the over 50 crowd primarily?? Will they offer them in a OL setup?

The stock graphite was Cobra Ultralite 50. I was able to order the Recoil 460 ESX for my MC bag last year. The Ultralite 50 were a no go for me. I’m 58 and I have a handicap between 14-18.

Saw these on a German site last week and wondered if they would come here to the US.

Having gamed the T-Rail gen 1, I can say that I have tried just about every GI and SGI irons out there and they have won out in the bag. I lack launch and spin with my 145 ish carry 7i swing speed. Time and time again these always produce the easiest launch and highest spin rates while yet maintaining a competitive distance loft to loft when comparing to other irons. I came from 588 Altitudes which are a cult classic in their own right and very solid SGI hollow body irons. For me the T-rails sounded and looked better. I start my irons at a 6i and the Altitude 6i would sometime produce that very long and left shot. To where my miss with the T-Rail 6i is usually a high cut that misses a little right. So very playable.
Also as a surprise to me the set wedges (I play the PW, GW and SW) could arguably be the stars of the set. They are very accurate and I have no issues with inconsistent yardages. I often play a course that has a 100 yd par 3 and an 85 yd par 3 and with the set wedges I know for sure I have had more GIR's with the set wedges than any other wedges I've gamed.

These simply check all the boxes for me other than perhaps the black finish. They look great off the rack and for the most part have held up about as good as a black iron could possibly, but they do show wear after a season of about 50 rds plus many range sessions. I was hoping for more of a satin finish like the Rad Speed irons or the Srixon ZX4. Not sure about the 2 tone look going here. They are silver and black now no?

And can someone explain the split rail tech in these, I am failing to understand how carving a channel in the rails improves things. If its that big of an advantage I have a dremel with a cut off wheel that I can groove mine out ;)

Don't like the look but considering my F8 one length hybrid is the best club in my bag maybe its time to move to a full set of something like these. Placed an order for a single 7 iron to try it out.

Having hit last years a few times, and having played a few months with a comparable model, I can say the T rails were a step above their competitors. I’m sure these will be awesome as well

Don't like the look but considering my F8 one length hybrid is the best club in my bag maybe its time to move to a full set of something like these. Placed an order for a single 7 iron to try it out.
What shaft did you go with ?

I play my Gen 1’s with the Modus 105 R. It’s a nice combo

Back