I know nothing about T-rails but I do like the black, blue & silver/chrome? color scheme they have going on.

Having hit the 2019 version and experiencing how easy it is to elevate the ball, seeing the turf interaction where the ground was 'sandy' these clubs are sleepers for those who struggle to elevate the ball or just need a bit of additional help! I'm sure Cobra has hit another HR with this latest release of T-rails!

I know nothing about T-rails but I do like the black, blue & silver/chrome? color scheme they have going on.
I can’t tell if it’s really silver on there or not. On the cobra site they have some in hand pics and it just looks like black with the glare making it look two tone.

Nice write up @JB. If Cobra is making it, I know it is well done. At address the iron reminds me of the Wilson LaunchPad. Seems like more of a super game improvement iron.

Reactions: JB
I bought the latest version of the Cleveland HB Turbos and love them, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t looked at these with envy. Cobra just keeps making excellent products.

I bought the latest version of the Cleveland HB Turbos and love them, but I’d be lying if I said I haven’t looked at these with envy. Cobra just keeps making excellent products.

Would love a comparison between the HB Turbos vs the T-Rails. The new HB's may not be far behind. The new T-Rails classic 4 hybrid would make these appealing.

Would love a comparison between the HB Turbos vs the T-Rails. The new HB's may not be far behind. The new T-Rails classic 4 hybrid would make these appealing.
For me with the same shaft the turbos were a lot lower in spin rate. For some that might work out great but I’m a low spin guy so I appreciated the higher spin of the Trails.
As for other aspects the Turbos have very minimal offset. The trails have more but nothing off putting. The Turbos are a progressive design. 4 and 5i are essentially hybrids to where the wedges are pretty normal in size. The trail soles are all pretty much the same width.

I read the article this morning and it looks like a solid offer from Cobra. I would love to see them in a OL offering in the future.

I read the article this morning and it looks like a solid offer from Cobra. I would love to see them in a OL offering in the future.
Exactly. ☝
I may have to go to the big city so that I give these a try.

These irons should get more attention than they do. This line is such a good release that can seriously help some golfers.

demo'd the 2021, Trails. They felt really light and with a short shaft. They performed ok. But, it would take some getting used to. My GG had a used set of HB Turbos which felt better.

I needed a new iron set. Having played with a Wilson Staff Defy with 4-6 hybrid irons for a few years they were just not right anymore. Very inconsistent, lacking distance, lacking spin. Even for a 57 year old.
Was given several options in my custom fitting session to thoroughly try different types. Wilson launchpad (the two colour, Iron mimicking look sounds good on paper but looks odd standing over the ball), various Cobras and Clevelands, even a Taylormade sim2 max os (based on all the reviews out there my clear favourite before entering the store).
To get one thing out of the way: The sim2 outperforms everything else, if you hit it cleanly. If not, then not. Bad shots remain bad shots.
And I ended up with a clear winner with the TRail. By a mile. Distance wise the 7 was on average 10 to 15 yards shorter than the sim2. But the consistency. THE consistency!!! After the first 5 shots with it, all effortlessly down the virtual fairway with high launch and 4k back spin (I did not know I could do backspin...) I was in a state excitement. I thought wow this club helps me to strike the ball clean. Then I checked the club face. My shots hade left marks across the full width of the face! I could not belief what I saw. At least 3 of the 5 shots would have been in the rough, not on the fairway with my old club. Or with the sim2. I was blown away by the result. I could not believe it and hit ball after ball after ball onto the fairway. Even the bad ones were just slightly left or right but still decent shots for my level of ability. And they look so good, at least to my taste.
No surprise then that I went for the full set. 4-6 hybrid (tested the 6 iron but the hybrid felt better, more consistent for me) 6-9, PW, GW, SW. Standard everything apart from a medium sized grip for my XL hands.
I cannot wait to get themi to my hands and turn the occasional below 100 round into my standard score by eliminating those score (and soul) destroying 8s, 9s and 10s on an otherwise ok-ish round.

I ordered a 7i with a modus 120 shaft. Should be fun to test out.

I'm wondering if Cobra will be redoing or updating this line anytime soon?!?!

I'm wondering if Cobra will be redoing or updating this line anytime soon?!?!
I would think so. I am still testing the 7i. The split rails seem to catch a bit on certain turf like lumpy early season turf. That's with a steeper swing, a shallower swing is all good. The flight is not too high for me with the modus 120.

Last edited:
Just picked up a brand new 2021 T-Rail 5 hybrid, can’t wait to play it. This should be great for my game. Should compliment my new 7i-GW Baffler XL iron set nicely. Starting the season off strong.

Back