I took mine off for its first 9 hole walk earlier. It looked great on my bb triswivel 2 with lime green wheels. Wish I had taken a picture. I found out very early that my setup was going to need to chance. I carry a Driver and 3 5 7 and 9 woods. I had them together but it was too tight. When I got home I put put the woods on outside holes and skipped a hole between each wood. Looks better, will see how that goes. The revolving top is great for even the walk cart. The club mounts are starting to loosen a bit and thats great. I spins effortlessly when its locked on the cart. As long as it holds up over time its going to be top notch!

I took mine off for its first 9 hole walk earlier. It looked great on my bb triswivel 2 with lime green wheels. Wish I had taken a picture. I found out very early that my setup was going to need to chance. I carry a Driver and 3 5 7 and 9 woods. I had them together but it was too tight. When I got home I put put the woods on outside holes and skipped a hole between each wood. Looks better, will see how that goes. The revolving top is great for even the walk cart. The club mounts are starting to loosen a bit and thats great. I spins effortlessly when its locked on the cart. As long as it holds up over time its going to be top notch!
Very cool!
I'm a creature of habit so I always have to have my clubs in a certain order. I've found that I can literally have them in any order with this spinning top. It's liberating 🤣

Day 29 - Pocket #6 - Waterproof

Wondering if anything in your bag will survive if you forget to strap in the bag and it falls off into a lake? Well, I can't guarantee anything, but the first place I'd look is the pocket labelled "WATERPROOF". Unlike the other pockets, this has a nice fleece lining that shouldn't scratch up a phone, ring, or mirror (no judgement - always gotta look good on the course). It's also just the right size to fit a wallet, keys, and a measuring tape so can add up your "feet of putts" just like the pros do. We'll have more to come with this pocket later in the series where we try to answer the question - just how waterproof is this pocket??? :unsure:

20210313_182150.jpg20210313_182137.jpgd#

Day 29 - Pocket #6 - Waterproof

Wondering if anything in your bag will survive if you forget to strap in the bag and it falls off into a lake? Well, I can't guarantee anything, but the first place I'd look is the pocket labelled "WATERPROOF". Unlike the other pockets, this has a nice fleece lining that shouldn't scratch up a phone, ring, or mirror (no judgement - always gotta look good on the course). It's also just the right size to fit a wallet, keys, and a measuring tape so can add up your "feet of putts" just like the pros do. We'll have more to come with this pocket later in the series where we try to answer the question - just how waterproof is this pocket??? :unsure:

View attachment 8997926View attachment 8997927d#
Oh oh, how many open juice boxes without it leaking OUT? 🤔😉🤣

I can’t remember if I mentioned this earlier or not, but I have an earlier version of this bag (still in the garage. Probably from 2015 ish?) and I noticed it did a toll on my grips in the bottom. I know it’s still early for y’all but something I’m interested in reading if y’all could remember to check here and there

I have a follow on question regarding the grip lock feature. Has anyone tried this bag with the Arrcos grip sensors installed? Do the sensors interfere with the grip lock feature? Does the grip lock damage (or long term damage) the sensors?

TIA

I have a follow on question regarding the grip lock feature. Has anyone tried this bag with the Arrcos grip sensors installed? Do the sensors interfere with the grip lock feature? Does the grip lock damage (or long term damage) the sensors?

TIA
I have tried it with Shot Scope sensors and have not had any issues.

TIA

I used mine when I had a sensor system (forgot it haha. The redtags) and a set with arccos sensors (screw in and grip). They would get scuffed up slightly but never noticed an actual performance issue in reading/sensing shots or gps location.

TIA
I have the Arccos sensors in the grips and haven't noticed any issues yet - will keep you updated!

Day 30 - Pocket #6 - Waterproof (5-year-old edition)

Alright, for those of you who relate more to the 5-year-old edition than the actual reviews, you've clearly noticed that one pup has been missing from all the Paw Patrol pictures. Why is that? Because Rocky's afraid of water! So today is Rocky's day to shine. He's super happy to be hanging out in the waterproof pocket and will ensure those empty beer cans end up in the recycling bin.20210217_204208.jpg
20210217_204117.jpg

Attachments

• 20210217_204208.jpg
    20210217_204208.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 3
Day 31 - Pocket #7 (AND CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!)

Just over halfway through the 60-day test period, and it's time to run a little contest to keep our loyal followers engaged (and maybe bring some new eyes on the thread!). But first, let's check out the 7th pocket on the Bag Boy Revolver XP Cart Bag - the ball pocket. Every golf bag has one and this is in the classic spot. Could you put 5,000 tees in here and instead put the balls in the tee pocket? Sure it's a bold move that exudes confidence, but I'm not lending you a ball when you duck hook three straight into the junk...

This was the max number of golf balls I could fit in the pocket and still close it.

20210315_205558.jpg

Also, an underrated feature (that I don't have a picture of yet) are the drainage holes at the bottom of the pocket. Collect water balls at will - they're not going to mold up the bag!

20210315_205616.jpg

Now it's time for a little contest. In order to not mess up this thread, here's what you've got to do. Take a look at the pictures above and answer the two questions in the linked contest thread. All the rules are over there. I'm lucky enough to be playing a private Top 25 course next month and the winner will get a souvenir from there. Good luck!

Day 32 - Pocket #7 (5-year-old edition)

The Paw Patrol boys really like chasing balls, so of course they're going to hang out in the ball pocket! With our contest going strong, could this help with some of the guesses? Those with their own five-year-olds will have a definite advantage :LOL:

20210217_202140.jpg
20210217_201740.jpg

One unfortunate thing I noticed while packing for my trip this week... My Bag Boy does NOT fit in my Sun Mountain Club Glider.

Minor annoyance, but didn't plan on having to swap everything out for a different bag.

Day 32 - Pocket #7 (5-year-old edition)

The Paw Patrol boys really like chasing balls, so of course they're going to hang out in the ball pocket! With our contest going strong, could this help with some of the guesses? Those with their own five-year-olds will have a definite advantage :LOL:

View attachment 8998331
View attachment 8998332
Dang!! I was WAY OFF in my 15 Paw PAtrol animals guess!!

Day 33 -The Cooler

Today's St. Patrick's Day, so what better way to celebrate than to see how many beers we can fit into the cooler! But first, let's talk a bit about some of the features. The most noticeable thing about the cooler? It's not that noticeable! In fact, it blends in extremely well with the bag and is hidden behind the ball pocket. Unless you were looking for it, the only way you'd know it was there is the tiny snowflake near the zipper (my wife - who has never played a round of golf without a thermos full of mimosa in hand - approves!). That being said, the cooler is lined and should keep drinks cold for hours.

20210317_204902.jpg

The trade off of the hidden aspect is that you do lose some size - you're not fitting a case of Natty Light in here. But it's great if you're trying to keep a couple Gatorades or 6 of Anheuser-Busch's finest cold ones for the back nine.
20210317_205309.jpg
20210317_205117.jpg

The design of the cooler is brilliant! The base of the cooler has two reinforced holes so that ice and condensation can drain out. However, you don't want the cooler exposed to the outside air. So instead, the cooler actually drains into the ball pocket. Remember those two drainage holes in the ball pocket from the other day? That's why those are there! The water gets filtered through the balls and makes its way to the bottom and out of the bag. Cool! Just remember to only keep balls in the ball pocket and don't throw your rangefinder or cell phone in there!

20210317_205234.jpg

By the way, do you think you have the luck of the Irish on your side? Don't forget our little forum contest that runs through Monday...go to this thread to enter!

Day 34 -The Cooler (5-year-old edition)

What's a 5-year-old going to use a cooler for? I would've proposed a juice box, an apple, and a boo-boo bunny. But nope - this 5-year-old is taking the Bag Boy Revolver XP Cart Bag grocery shopping! Cans, cans, and more cans fit in this thing - 12 in total - in case you ever need to keep your canned peas & carrots cold. I didn't have the heart to tell her that none of these things required refrigeration!

20210217_202721.jpg
20210217_202356.jpg

Just wanted to post a follow up to a couple of questions we had here.

One of my biggest concerns with this bag going into this, was possible wear on the grips from the grip-lok system.
I have been testing this bag for a little over a month now, and have made it a point to lock the grips innto the base every single time I put a club into the bag.

I'm very pleased with the results. After a month plus of use, the grip caps are not showing any abnormal wear whatsoever.
A couple of quick pics
20210319_191327.jpg
20210319_191258.jpg
20210319_191327.jpg

A little dirty, but that's my fault.

One other question we had was about the system it uses to lock the grips in. I snapped a pic down one of the dividers and if you zoom in, you can see the channel that holds the grips.

20210319_191411.jpg

Hope that helps.

Just wanted to post a follow up to a couple of questions we had here.

One of my biggest concerns with this bag going into this, was possible wear on the grips from the grip-lok system.
I have been testing this bag for a little over a month now, and have made it a point to lock the grips innto the base every single time I put a club into the bag.

I'm very pleased with the results. After a month plus of use, the grip caps are not showing any abnormal wear whatsoever.
A couple of quick pics
View attachment 8998764
View attachment 8998766
View attachment 8998767

A little dirty, but that's my fault.

One other question we had was about the system it uses to lock the grips in. I snapped a pic down one of the dividers and if you zoom in, you can see the channel that holds the grips.

View attachment 8998768

Hope that helps.
Yeah that was me with the concerns about my Shot Scope tags, thanks for taking the time for the pictures! :)

Day 35 - Pocket #9

Day 35 was a sad one for this Boilermaker, so the last pocket of the bag might not get the kind of excitement that it should. Still, this is the most accessible pocket on the bag, so it's a great place to store things if you need them quick. Rangefinders, masks, and flasks - perfect!

20210319_210622.jpg
20210319_210749.jpg

Day 36 - Pocket #9 (5-year-old edition)

Even a 5-year-old can get sick of Paw Patrol from time to time, so mine decided to look around the basement for something that would fit perfectly. Is that really Gene Keady and Tim Couch??? Yes it is! She has good taste...

20210320_204612.jpg

Days 37/38 - Course Review

Finally made it out to the course for my first round with the Revolver XP!

A couple things I really liked:
- That top pocket in the front is amazingly accessible. Put anything smaller that you'll need during the round in there and the only time you'll bend down all round is to tee up and pick your ball out of the cup.
- Individual slots made it really easy to make sure I didn't forget a club!
- I was a little skeptical about the putter well, but it might be my favorite feature on the bag! In and out, no problem. Was never concerned about it moving around.
- The rotating top was definitely used and enjoyed several times

A couple things I didn't like as much as I expected:
- While the rotating top was cool and useful, the clubs kept getting caught on the umbrella. I think the answer is to either not bring an umbrella, or clip the irons in so they don't stick out, but it definitely wasn't something I had thought about previously.
- We had a quick round going with no waiting, but it was cart path only on an unfamiliar course. So I was constantly taking 3-4 clubs with me. By the time I got back to the bag, I didn't have the patience needed with the Clip-Lok. I really don't like making my player partner wait, so I tended to toss my clubs in the bag and hop in the cart as quick as possible. With my clips still pretty tight, I feel like adding 10 seconds every time I went to grab/put back clubs would have added 5-10 minutes to the round. I'd imagine it'll be a lot more useful on a day where I'm either waiting, or can drive right up to my ball and only pull one club.

Overall, super excited to finally play - can't wait to get out there again!

20210321_093551.jpg

Sorry folks... falling behind a little bit and the next couple days may be tough to post. No worries though, starting next week, we've got thorough reviews on...
- Travel Bag Fit
- Towel clip holder
- Glove holder
- Tee holder
- Waterproof-ness
- More on course testing

If there's anything else you'd like to see a thorough review of, just let me know!

Days 46 - Travel Bag Fit

I'm back from vacation (and a couple 7 am - midnight work-sessions), so get ready for the home stretch as we count down to day 60! Keeping up with the vacation theme, today we'll talk about travel bags. An earlier post mentioned they had trouble fitting it into a standard travel bag, and I'm not surprised. The bag has some size, so a standard hard-shell bag is unlikely to fit. However, I've got a turtle bag (hard shell top, soft bottom), and with the right adjustments, the bag will JUST fit for your trip to Punta Cana.

20210320_210929.jpg

I was only able to fit it in at one specific angle, and definitely needed to take the putter out of the putter well. If it's still not fitting, remember that the putter well is removable, which might give you a little extra room.

20210320_211008.jpg

Luckily, the bag does have 14 slots in the top so the putter can still come along for the ride.

20210320_211019.jpg

I can't guarantee this will work with all travel bags, but it's good to know that with the right angle and the right travel bag, you'll be all set for your next big trip!

Day 47 - Tee Holder

One of the smallest, but most visible features on the bag is the tee holder. You can hold 4 pristine tees of different shapes and sizes, all without having to dig through your bag when you snap your tee on every hole at the local unwatered muni in mid-August. As a former carry bag guy, I spent some time thinking about when I would actually use this - doesn't everyone just throw a bunch of tees in their pocket at the beginning of the round? However, there are a couple of times where I'd find this real useful:

- One less thing to worry about grabbing when running to the first tee when you're late for your tee time
- The aforementioned "concrete" round
- Rainy rounds (don't want to dig through pockets, ESPECIALLY with rain gloves on, and especially when using a pull cart)

It's also a pretty cool way to show off tees from cool golf courses that don't clank around like bag tags! Ultimately, it's a neat little feature that might result in me no longer having 47 tees in my pocket at all times (hey, don't judge...I have to reload a lot!).

20210320_211746.jpg

We are coming up on 2 months of using this bag. It's been great, and there isn't much more to be said about features.

I did want to give an update on the clip lok feature.
I was worried that these things would break down, because they are made of some sort of foam material. The clip for my lob wedge was one I was really worried about, because it has to clip in on the widest part of the ferrule- nearly at the hosel.
20210401_083910.jpg

As you can see, it is holding up well. It can still be a little tricky, but my method has been to lock the grip into the base, lean the wedge into the clip and twist. Works like a champ. I've said before that this bag would be awesome for one length sets, and this is the main reason why.

Also another update on the grip wear.
None. ZERO.
They must have fixed whatever the issue was with previous versions of this bag because my grips are holding up perfectly.

Back