Tour Event 2021 The Players Championship Contest and Thread

Did anyone else catch JT get on the reporter when he thought the cameras were off for asking him about his grandfather? (“Why’d you do that to me dude?”).
Yep. I was kinda thinking the same thing when the reporter asked him that question - trying to create the drama.

Congrats JT. Great win!!!

With all the talk of Bryson using his previous driver, I was surprised no mention of JT doing the same.

Yep. I was kinda thinking the same thing when the reporter asked him that question - trying to create the drama.
I actually thought it was a bit of a d*ck move for JT to do that. The question seemed predictable and fair. It’s not the reporters fault he had an emotional reaction.

With all the talk of Bryson using his previous driver, I was surprised no mention of JT doing the same.
I just think Bryson and driving is THE story on Tour. The driver in his bag is going to be a bigger story.

Reactions: JB
I actually thought it was a bit of a d*ck move for JT to do that. The question seemed predictable and fair. It’s not the reporters fault he had an emotional reaction.
My thought was that the reporter knew JT would have that emotional reaction and deliberately went after it. The media has talked over and over about how close he was with his grandfather, and JT even admitted earlier in the week that it’s been weighing heavily on his mind. It’s not exactly unpredictable that he would have that kind of reaction after his first win since his grandfather’s passing.

Just watched Westy’s post-round interview on Golf Channel. He was very positive, lighthearted and upbeat. Nice to see.

Great tournament!!! Was a blast & some really good golf played.

So what your saying is Bryson is the only relevant thing in golf right now? Who won today?

JT’s tee shot on 18 took huuuuuuge guts

I must say, that's a good looking trophy. The golfer is standing on the 17th green.

So what your saying is Bryson is the only relevant thing in golf right now? Who won today?
Yikes! Who said that?
I asked because Bryson not using RADspeed was a hot topic the last two weeks. Here is JT doing the same and nobody mentioned it. I was curious.

My thought was that the reporter knew JT would have that emotional reaction and deliberately went after it. The media has talked over and over about how close he was with his grandfather, and JT even admitted earlier in the week that it’s been weighing heavily on his mind. It’s not exactly unpredictable that he would have that kind of reaction after his first win since his grandfather’s passing.
The media love to take a happy moment and piss all over it. Guess it help ratings...

I agree about it being a fair question. Given the smile on JT's face just as the camera went away, though, I thought he was just ribbing Steve Sands about it.

I agree about it being a fair question. Given the smile on JT's face just as the camera went away, though, I thought he was just ribbing Steve Sands about it.
I thought the same as well. When I saw JT turn back to Sands I thought he said "you had to go there, didn't you?" in a jokingly kind of way. At least that was the impression that I got.

The media love to take a happy moment and piss all over it. Guess it help ratings...
It's a weird thing, but the more I watch official Sunday golf coverage, the more I realize they are scrambling to figure out a plan in the post tiger era to get ratings. It's kind of like professional wrestling once all those major stars from 1999 retired. There are tons of great stories out there in golf, but they seem to use the low hanging fruit, like JT's grandfather, impossible efforts to make him more loved.

It's a weird thing, but the more I watch official Sunday golf coverage, the more I realize they are scrambling to figure out a plan in the post tiger era to get ratings. It's kind of like professional wrestling once all those major stars from 1999 retired. There are tons of great stories out there in golf, but they seem to use the low hanging fruit, like JT's grandfather, impossible efforts to make him more loved.
I think with JT it’s a bit less of Tiger era leaving and more to do with his latest headlines being not about golf and more about some pretty big backlash.

Lord know the Golf Channel beats a dead horse like no other...Great tournament and they're concentrating on the bad shots.....really Golf Channel.

Reflecting on this weekend, what a tournament. Bryson’s bombs in the conversation again. 47 year old Westwood in contention for the second straight week. And what a tournament for JT to find his form. Really impressive and so much fun to watch!

Back