Wilson Staff Infinite Buckingham Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While not exactly stepping outside of the box in originality, Wilson is launching a brand new style to their Infinite collection of putters at a price point that should make many happy. The Wilson Buckingham putter will be hitting stores next month and will be available as early as today for those that want to jump in before trying.

1-3-1024x692.jpg

The story here is all about alignment (and price point) in a tour tested and golfer validated shape. If you were thinking Spider-ish or Ten-ish maybe with a mix in of a few others, you would be in the same mindset we are.

2-4-1024x692.jpg

The...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice looking putter.

That looks rather large.

The Infinite line remains one of the best bang for your buck putter lines out there, though I really hope they have improved the finish a bit as time has gone on.

Will look for these at the store when they come out and give it a try. I like the looks of it.

Also, W/S, what are you doing? In general, what is your direction, what is your goal? Just get by? You’re better than that.

Kind of a blah addition to the infinit line IMO. But I get what they are trying to do with it.

Missed opportunity for laser etching the fountain on the sole there.

The idea behind the Infinite putter lineup was really good. Iconic and timeless designs with a Wilson twist and bring the Chicago HQ to pair it with. I'm not sure how that has been brought forward, but I loved the original idea.

I have been gaming a bucktown from the infinite line for a while. Pretty good value putter.

Hey everyone look another spider! :ROFLMAO:

Much like everything else Wilson does maybe with the exception of their tour blades its ok. I'm sure its great value but the Cleveland HB line is much better looking in my opinion.

Bucktown is the only Wilson club left in my bag. It won't be leaving soon. The finish on that club has worn well.
In a world of sameness and copying this is just another example. Nothing better or worse. They have used the three lines for some time and it helps me to focus. And the price point is fair. They cant seem to crank up the excitement but it is a nice add to their line.

Last edited:
Definitely like the value that Wilson provides, but when it comes to improving their clubs....I mean nothing really grabs you.

It is not lost on me that four staff members have already weighted in with the same general sentiment. It feels like Wilson might be the only golf brand that didn't figure out that golf was very hot during the pandemic. Instead of using one of the rare chances to grow the brand they did the same thing and expected better results. No wait, they made golf balls that get dirty really quickly.

idk...i like the shape but it looks like it was 3D printed with my $300 3D printer that i normally use to make dental picks...maybe that's too harsh a first take?

Like the infinite line. Solid putters and good cost. This though.... a bad rendition of a popular style in putting. It looks big, but also not solid. Something just seems off to me.

I know the spider shape is popular and this is a decent looking putter. But, i am genuinely curious how well all these variants do. If they are so popular that it make sense to have one in your putter line.

it must as everyone makes one now. But still curious why no does something else..

I like that Wilson released this putter. IMO, it's good for the game to bring in this style of putter at this price point.

Solid, familiar putter head shape. What is not familiar for that head shape is the amazing $99 price point.

I don't not like it, but I don't think it would make it in my bag.

Familiar shape, nice price point. Happy to see it available in both RH and LH models!

I wonder how it sounds. It looks to have so much thin surface area - I’d almost expect high pitched noises from ball strikes.

Not going to lie, I'm a big fan of the Infinite line of putters owning the Michigan Avenue. I think performance exceeds price and is often overlooked because of it's $100 tag on it.

Back