ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
2-5-1024x692.jpg

Do you remember the 1980s? It’s hard to believe that it was over 30 years ago. That decade brought us many great products both on and off the golf course. Pop culture-wise, we saw some memorable movies, epic hair bands, and my favorite childhood toy, the GameBoy. Smack in the middle of that decade, David Glod went from refinishing golf clubs to creating an entirely new brand known as Tour Edge. Almost a full 35 years later, Tour Edge has evolved in so many ways to a company that easily deserves a look from every golfer in the market for a new set of clubs. 

Recently on the THP Forum, a conversation sparked around what...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write-up @ddec . I found that previous thread, about what comes to mind when you think of Tour Edge, very interesting. A lot of different thoughts and opinions on various aspects of the brand. It's fun now to read this article, and put some facts and compare them to perceptions that we all have about the company.

Nice little read there @ddec

Nice write up @ddec , I think Tour Edge is staged to catch a lot of peoples attention with the new lineup for this year.

The staff here seems to really be on a mission here the last few days...
Tour Edge Driver Review thread
Tour Edge FW review thread
Impression of Tour Edge thread
Get to know Tour Edge thread
I’m waiting for the “Was the Bazooka line really just ahead of it’s time.” thread.

I’m waiting for the “Was the Bazooka line really just ahead of it’s time.” thread.
Or.
TEEm Tour Edge was just announced and will be receiving gear in the mail so created individual threads for their reviews as they come in instead of a single catch all for the entire lineup.

This article is a spinoff of that "impression" thread since it was so polarizing in opinions.

Good morning read. I like Tour Edge. They seem to be that overnight success that took years of hard work to get there.

Even though I played a set of Bazookas for ten years, I don't feel qualified to comment on being ahead of their time. They were, however, very good clubs and a sensational value. I'm happy to see them succeed.

• Staff
Even though I played a set of Bazookas for ten years, I don't feel qualified to comment on being ahead of their time. They were, however, very good clubs and a sensational value. I'm happy to see them succeed.

I remember when my dad was first trying to figure out if Senior Shafts were for him, he bought a set of Bazooka irons of RockBottomGolf(I think). They were wide soled, looked decent for an inexpensive option. I wouldn't say they were ahead of their time. What I think Tour Edge did well was look at them market and try to sell quality at a lower price, until they were really able to crack into that higher marketplace.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying this one. Nothing super in-depth, but just a little fun piece.

Nice read, thanks. Hard to believe Tour Edge has been around that long, I've had their Tour Edge Exotics clubs in the bag for around 12 years or so, but most people I know have just started knowing a little bit about them the last few years.

Great article Dean ! I can't wait to get my hands on one of those C721 drivers.

I'm a very loyal fan TE products. Have been since my first set of Bazooka Ironwoods I purchased 30+/- years ago. I still have these clubs, a play them every once in a while. A testament to long lasting quality.

Just a great product, with prices to meet any golfer's pocketbook. Their service after the sale is top notch too.

Nice piece Dean. Great products, underrated irons and a complete line of junior products. They have it all covered.

Interesting read. I figured something like that was coming from the first thought thread, but there was more in that article than I expected. Good stuff.

I have been a fan of Tour Edge since the original Bazooka iron-wood.

I liked the HL4 iron-woods so much I now have 7-LW in the bag.

Additionally, I still have a couple of Houdini FW woods I rotate in-and-out of the bag.

I am glad to see they are doing so well.

Congrats.

Last edited:
I was drawn to Tour Edge with the HL3 ironwoods. Since then I have added HL4 ironwoods, a Bazooka ironwood and now a E521 hybrid. They have all been great and helped me when I couldn't hit a hybrid straight to save my life!

I feel like Tour Edge is highly underrated when it comes to equipment. They have just as much tech as the big companies at a better price. I had no idea they have been around as long as they have.

I like how many have responded here and other threads about how they are drawn to the Hot Launch series. As gearheads, I feel a lot of us overlook or even scoff at that line and we really shouldn't.

I like how many have responded here and other threads about how they are drawn to the Hot Launch series. As gearheads, I feel a lot of us overlook or even scoff at that line and we really shouldn't.
I'm definitely in this camp. I enjoy Tour Edge Exotics, but really don't even think about or consider the Hot Launch line. Right or wrong, it doesn't cross my mind, because to me, they are almost 2 different, separate companies and in my mind I belong in TEE, but never in Hot Launch.

Tour edge has really come on these last few years. Before the Live Stream, what I knew was that Tour Edge make quality products at really great pricing. The Live Stream and getting to hear about the new products and the number of players unsigned choosing Tour Edge really turned my head.

I’m looking forward to hearing the experience participant feedback and Tour Edge I think has really hit the radar for a lot of players and amateurs

Great job Dean! Really enjoyed reading that piece.

Great article, thanks. I hope that TE figures out a way to get more awareness and caring for their brand from some of their retail vendors. I was at my local Edwin Watts a few months back and asked if they had a TE EXS 220 available to hit, and they didn't. The worker then said "TE is our house brand, and while they are OK, you're better off going with a Ping or Titlelist".

I'm definitely in this camp. I enjoy Tour Edge Exotics, but really don't even think about or consider the Hot Launch line. Right or wrong, it doesn't cross my mind, because to me, they are almost 2 different, separate companies and in my mind I belong in TEE, but never in Hot Launch.

I was pretty much in that camp in the past. I got to review an HL3 fairway wood a couple of years ago and it made me pay more attention. It was in one of the livestreams with TE last year that they said HL is what keeps the lights on.

Back