Tour Event 2021 The Players Championship Contest and Thread

The Players never disappoints year after year. I just love how that course can change throughout the weekend. Congrats to JT. He looked locked in.

I think with JT it’s a bit less of Tiger era leaving and more to do with his latest headlines being not about golf and more about some pretty big backlash.
Very fair point, jb. they did have to mention how close JT and tiger are after every shot and show every time you did the twirl, but your right specifically this seems like them pumping up a redemption story. Everyone loves the comeback sort of thing

Lord know the Golf Channel beats a dead horse like no other...Great tournament and they're concentrating on the bad shots.....really Golf Channel.

Exactly. I will argue that some of the initial Bryson backlash wasn't so much that he was unlikable as much as every time he was on the screen the announcers were emphasizing his physics background. Granted, I'm in the group that finds those numbers fascinating but I know a lot of people on different forms across the interwebs found that really annoying.

Reactions: JB
Man did Ghim and Fitzpatrick let me down in Fantasy today.

Reflecting on this weekend, what a tournament. Bryson’s bombs in the conversation again. 47 year old Westwood in contention for the second straight week. And what a tournament for JT to find his form. Really impressive and so much fun to watch!

Best part was so many different types of guys were really in the mix going down the stretch. You love to see competitive tourneys in general, but to your point, we had so many great storylines with some unique and different guys - household names (Bryson, JT), old guys craving a statement victory (Westwood, Casey), past winners lurking (Garcia, Kim), and some younger or less known names (Gooch, Ghim, Conners, Harman).

Great tourney and hopefully the enthusiasm for the tour continues.

And luck.

Taking the shot (trying the low draw on that hole) took guts.

The result - yep; lucky bounce.

Luck tends to favor the prepared.

I wouldn’t take them back if I was in his position. I’d go to (almost) any other apparel company that offered me a decent deal.
I get it, I would feel the same way as you do, but.... Polo isn’t taking him back, and no other fashion company has rushed to sign him either. Ralph Lauren was smart to drop him, and it’s as simple as that.
You want to be a paid brand ambassador, you can’t act or say something offensive to the sponsor or their base of support. He couldn’t have said anything more offensive to those in the fashion industry, so guess what? He learned a life lesson.
Does that mean he’s a bad person? No. He seems like a really nice young man who made a mistake, realizes it, and is accepting the consequences a lot better than some older golf fans on this forum.
btw.... I’m an older golf fan, but getting riled up about a kid under 30 who is worth over 50 million dollars losing a clothing deal isn’t something that is going to happen.

Last edited:
Taking the shot (trying the low draw on that hole) took guts.

The result - yep; lucky bounce.

Luck tends to favor the prepared.
Or as I say - "Being lucky is as good as being good, it just doesn't happen as often."

Congrats to @Stemmy66 you just won the contest.
Send me your full name and shipping address along with what grips and colors you would like and we will get them right out to you.

Send me your full name and shipping address along with what grips and colors you would like and we will get them right out to you.
Congratulations @Stemmy66 and a nice job by THP here. That was a fun contest.

westwood and finau are both afflicted by sundayitis

My thought was that the reporter knew JT would have that emotional reaction and deliberately went after it.
Of course he did. It's what these guys do.

Personally, I've developed an intense dislike for "news" "reporters" of all stripes.

So what your saying is Bryson is the only relevant thing in golf right now?
This obsession of your's with DeChambeau is unseemly.

Just proof even a blind squirrel can find an acorn every now and then! Big thank you THP and Golf Pride!

Right on!

ugh I gotta enter quicker next time. 6 of us picked JT with 9 grips

congrats @Stemmy66 !!

Congrats!!

It wasn't first and never is.
Random draw with those that selected the same.
good to know! thanks!

image.jpg
when The Players replay is on...you know where to find me.

Couple pictures I forgot I took...
4A857C15-DCD4-4C69-BD6C-7121E606074D.jpegA9560404-A58A-4EFD-9C5D-EB1BF160C255.jpeg06CBC461-E7C4-4313-B7A3-6A6B1626CCB0.jpegEA30E1BB-0DA4-4436-9C86-CCEF74E95E39.jpeg

Back