2021 Cleveland Frontline Putters

I wish they'd bring back the 6.5 mid-mallet shape.

Reactions: J4U
Not currently in the market for one of these, but I had the last iteration of the Elevado and it was a great stick. This was a greatly underrated line IMO and I'm happy to see them continuing with it.

Having played the original Frontline, I like the fact that the weight has been moved forward with these models. It really should help reduce skidding & put a true roll on the ball. Stability should be great & I'm sure a lot of players will like these models.

BEST bang for the buck putter on the market. These additions are fantastic to the lineup. Plumbers neck Elevado? YES please!

Still waiting on last year's Elevado to arrive 😅

I think I still like the Elevado shape the best but that 8.0 is gorgeous, and single bend as well. Any photos of the topline?

BEST bang for the buck putter on the market. These additions are fantastic to the lineup. Plumbers neck Elevado? YES please!
Agreed, I definitely need to give the Elevado with plumber neck a shot :cool:

Elevado remains true winner out of that bunch. Seems like a similar head for you @Jman this year. Great write up and a distinct feature with the weights on perimeter.

OK, so these are pretty sick,and the Frontline series just keep getting better and better. That 8.0 slant and the 10.5 slant make me want to sell the fleet of more expensive putters and rock the heck out of a Frontline for the season. The value proposition on the new Mizuno are good too, might have to have a #bagbattle.

I love clubs that give up nothing in performance and offer outstanding value. Well done, Cleveland, well done!

looks like another solid release from cleveland

I rolled both the 8 and 10.5 slant this afternoon, and they are really nice. I almost left with the 10.5.

great info James, I love a blade but i like the weight too, that 8.0 looks like the best of both worlds

Great write-up James. Good call including the original video.

I've been pondering the ISO for awhile now and the new 10.5 is oh so tempting :whistle:

They make quality putters for a great price point. Would be fun to try the 8.0

Was just looking at my TFI 6.5 and this New line will get a look. Great info James!

I rolled both the 8 and 10.5 slant this afternoon, and they are really nice. I almost left with the 10.5.
I spent a lot of time rolling the 10.5 yesterday on the Tour Links and man, it’s such a good little mid-mallet shape.

I’ve been working with the 10.5 to write a homepage review and this needs a bump for me to say a couple things.

1) The roll and balance here is top notch. It’s the most underrated putter line on the market, and I believe one of the highest performing. I have put four HS kids into them now, and two were not from my school.

2) This is what TaylorMade wishes the FCG was, but it’s not. This is forward center of gravity done right, with peak feel and performance. I’ve got no problems laying that statement out there.

Look what showed up on my doorstep a few hours ago!
20210315_191841.jpg
20210315_191958.jpg
20210315_192028.jpg

Really good looking putter! In was torn between this 10.5 and the Elevado and ended up going with the 10.5 after staring at the pictures of each hundreds of times on the Cleveland website because it just fit my eye better. Certainly was not disappointed when I opened the box.

As you can imagine, like most THPers would do, I have been on my indoor putting green with it pretty much non-stop since it arrived. Looked a little strange the first couple of times I addressed the ball because of the shorter putted head height with Cleveland's 2135 technology. That quickly passed.

Now for first impression on how it rolls. Very well thank you very much. Feels/sounds like a milled putter to me, which is a definite positive because that's all I play. Being a guy that normally maxes out at a 350 gram head weight, I thought this putter may feel like a sledge hammer to me at 370 grams head weight. But, I must say, Cleveland hides the weight very well. I have some putters around 350 grams that feel more head heavy to me. That was certainly a welcomed surprise. This putter puts a very nice end over end roll on the ball. I intentionally put the alignment line on top the the ball numerous times to see how it rolled and I never saw the line wobble or waiver.

I have been having too much fun rolling it so far that I have intentionally tested the other technology, such as how putts struck towards the toe and heel respond in terms of distance control and roll direction. Will report back after further testing. Will be a couple of weeks before I can really test it on actual greens. The greens at my home course were punched and sanded today.

Look what showed up on my doorstep a few hours ago!
View attachment 8998175
View attachment 8998176
View attachment 8998177

Really good looking putter! In was torn between this 10.5 and the Elevado and ended up going with the 10.5 after staring at the pictures of each hundreds of times on the Cleveland website because it just fit my eye better. Certainly was not disappointed when I opened the box.

As you can imagine, like most THPers would do, I have been on my indoor putting green with it pretty much non-stop since it arrived. Looked a little strange the first couple of times I addressed the ball because of the shorter putted head height with Cleveland's 2135 technology. That quickly passed.

Now for first impression on how it rolls. Very well thank you very much. Feels/sounds like a milled putter to me, which is a definite positive because that's all I play. Being a guy that normally maxes out at a 350 gram head weight, I thought this putter may feel like a sledge hammer to me at 370 grams head weight. But, I must say, Cleveland hides the weight very well. I have some putters around 350 grams that feel more head heavy to me. That was certainly a welcomed surprise. This putter puts a very nice end over end roll on the ball. I intentionally put the alignment line on top the the ball numerous times to see how it rolled and I never saw the line wobble or waiver.

I have been having too much fun rolling it so far that I have intentionally tested the other technology, such as how putts struck towards the toe and heel respond in terms of distance control and roll direction. Will report back after further testing. Will be a couple of weeks before I can really test it on actual greens. The greens at my home course were punched and sanded today.
That looks really good

20210315_160103.jpg20210315_160125.jpg20210315_160146.jpg
After my SAM fitting at @Summit I needed to pick up a new flatstick more fitting for my stroke. I was browsing ebay and happen to snag this brand new in the wrapper custom for a great price, the right length, the right head, it does need to be adjusted a little when I go back to finish my fitting. Looking forward to rolling it later tonight when my little dude goes to bed.

Last edited:
Got to game the Frontline today, so far, nothing but positive results. Made 2 putts from 8' plus(super solid for me) made great lag putts on the others(no 3 putts);)

This has me feeling like I should get back to using Cleveland putters.
I've always been really comfortable whenever my 6.5 TFI turn came up in the rotation.

I'm seeing good results with the Frontline ISO I just purchased. Since it is a mallet it's not cheating, right?

Back