ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
When the calendar turns to March, every golfer who has been hibernating during the winter knows that Spring is right around the corner. As the temperatures start to warm up, thoughts of being out on the golf course begin to overtake the mind. While many of us focus on what equipment will get replaced for the upcoming season, perhaps it might be in our best interest to upgrade our apparel. Callaway has just announced their Spring/Summer 2021 Apparel Collections, and golfers looking to replace that faded polo or those pants that are just a bit snugger this year than in years past should pay attention. 

For 2021 Callaway Apparel is focusing on the use of their new Eco fabrics. These fabrics are manufactured with up to 30% recycled polyester that comes from plastic bottles. That right there is pretty darn cool. As one...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice writeup. I would be interested to see this apparel in person.

I just bought one of the ventilated polos yesterday. Haven't had a chance to wear it, but it looks and feels great in hand.
I have a few items from Callaway apparel. The pullovers/quarter zips are super solid, as are the shorts. Never owned any pants. I like some of the polos, but I think my biggest gripe on the polos is how the collar lays. The tips of the collars usually curl under for some reason. May sound petty, but I'm pretty peculiar on how the color lays on a shirt. That has really been my only gripe in the past, but other than that, super comfy and great material.

I have a couple polo shirts from previous lines - they fit well, feel comfortable and have lasted, so I will likely take a look at some of the stuff when(if) it appears over here

100% agree with @ttucliffhanger. I have several outerwear/jackets/ quarter zips, that are great. But very rarely found a polo that I liked, usually to do with the material, especially on the collar.

Their Travis Mathew brand has been much much better than actual Callaway apparel to me.

Looking forward at seeing some new designs. Was in GG the other day looking for some new shirts and they had nothing but the old stuff and it was very limited.

100% agree with @ttucliffhanger. I have several outerwear/jackets/ quarter zips, that are great. But very rarely found a polo that I liked, usually to do with the material, especially on the collar.

Their Travis Mathew brand has been much much better than actual Callaway apparel to me.
Travis Mathew is usually pretty solid. I just don't buy a ton of it due to the cost. Although quality is great, I still think it's a little overpriced.

Travis Mathew is usually pretty solid. I just don't buy a ton of it due to the cost. Although quality is great, I still think it's a little overpriced.

agreed again!
Thankfully they have some good sales and clearances frequently. That’s when I buy.

agreed again!
Thankfully they have some good sales and clearances frequently. That’s when I buy.
Yep, same here!

Good article @ddec
I will definitely pick up some of the pants.

I really like the look of those pants and the elastic waistband is a huge bonus.

The pants look really really good to me.

I really wonder if Callaway will stay in the apparel game long-term with the acquisition of the TM Brand. It has been 3-4 years I believe, so it sounds like they have no plans to leave?

What little Callaway clothing I have, I like a lot. And their website has a SALE section!:eek::eek::D:D

The pants look really really good to me.

I really wonder if Callaway will stay in the apparel game long-term with the acquisition of the TM Brand. It has been 3-4 years I believe, so it sounds like they have no plans to leave?

Callaway Apparel is actually PEI.

I need some new slacks, so might look into these.

I need some new slacks, so might look into these.

My tendancy is to avoid Callaway clothing. No reason, just haven't ever bought anything from them. But I agree, the pants sound good. And I could use another pair. I'm also looking closely at the Puma apparel. Might be fun to pick up a piece from each.

My tendancy is to avoid Callaway clothing. No reason, just haven't ever bought anything from them. But I agree, the pants sound good. And I could use another pair. I'm also looking closely at the Puma apparel. Might be fun to pick up a piece from each.

I've had a handful of options in the past. The one pair of pants I had of theirs I absolutely loved. My issue with them is always sizing. Some in the past have fit somewhat traditional, and others have looked like a garbage bag. With that said, I do like golfing in their opti-dri options as I feel like they do a good job for me.

I have had a few shirts with opti-dry and have enjoyed them quite a bit actually. Never had the pants though.

Callaway apparel has always been extremely underrated IMO. Nice materials and classic designs.

Callaway apparel has always been extremely underrated IMO. Nice materials and classic designs.
I think it is good stuff. I have never had any issues with the quality. The collar was my only gripe and that doesn't even matter to some. I will say their sizing a long time ago was not great, but the last few pieces I have received/purchased in the last 3 years have been right on track with what I expect for a Medium size polo, large pullover/quarterzip, and 34" shorts. If I needed new pants I would be all over the new ones though. They look solid.

I've had a handful of options in the past. The one pair of pants I had of theirs I absolutely loved. My issue with them is always sizing. Some in the past have fit somewhat traditional, and others have looked like a garbage bag. With that said, I do like golfing in their opti-dri options as I feel like they do a good job for me.

Fit is always the key. With some stretch in the material and a sticky stretchy waist, the chance that I can find a fit and wear these goes up. (y)

Says the pants will 'have a tailored look'. How do they compare to other recent Callaway pants there?

I always appreciate a sustainability story! Bought a pair of Adidas Code Chaos Primeblue because of it. I will be checking out the Eco fabric polos. The pants also look fantastic! Great preview here!

Back