Best country club for "Young Executive" in Charlotte, NC?

Hey guys, just moved to the area and in the same boat. Wanted to give this thread a bump and see if there are any new mid/post pandemic views on clubs to join in the area. Thanks in advance!

There have been some changes. I have a fairly detailed Excel file, I'll message you.

There have been some changes. I have a fairly detailed Excel file, I'll message you.

Can you share this with me? I'm in process of moving from FL to Charlotte looking for something not too far from south park area

@SHOWBOAT12 I just moved to Charlotte as well and am in the exact same situation. Really just fully starting my search now. Would you be able to send that excel to me as well? It sounds like it could be very helpful especially if its been updated for covid changes. Also, did you decide on a club for yourself? Would be interested in what you went with. Thanks!

Looks like everyone is moving to the area. It is good to see, now that I am going to start playing after 2 years of not touching a club maybe we play some rounds together sometime.

Wow I wish I was looking to sell a house in Charlotte. Looks like incomers from all over lately!

Hey guys, I also live in Charlotte, new to the forum. Would be interested to see the full excel sheet as well, might save me some money if playing more than 5 or 6 times a month.

A few years ago my brother lived in Charlotte and was a member at Pine Island. I played it a couple of times with him. It was a decent course and they were just getting ready to remodel it and the clubhouse. I have no idea how it is now, so maybe this is a wasted post for you. :rolleyes:

I am moving to Charlotte in November and looking to join a country club in the area. My top three considerations for picking a club are location, cost, and quality of golf / club atmosphere in that order. I'm not as concerned with the extracurriculars (e.x., swimming, tennis, etc.). I have done a fair bit of reading online, but would like real-world opinions on clubs that I should reach out to and / or visit prior to making a selection. Thanks in advance for the guidance.
Would you have the chance to share that file? I’m trying to do the same thing as everyone else here and find a great club

@SHOWBOAT12 First off, Go Pack Go! Secondly, can you please share the updated excel? :) Thanks so much!!! Also, any female golfers on this thread?

Last edited:
So any chance I could get the spreadsheet too? I moved from NJ and am looking for a club. I live near Uptown but don’t want to wait 2.5 years to get off wait list for Carolina. Appreciate any thoughts.

I went through this process a month or so ago and wound up joining Rock Hill Country Club as a non-resident junior. Happy to provide any specifics on that as well as what I have for a few other courses at the lower end range.

@SHOWBOAT12 First off, Go Pack Go! Secondly, can you please share the updated excel? :) Thanks so much!!! Also, any female golfers on this thread?
My fiancée plays frequently-happy to link y’all up at any time! She’s a solid player- I am not haha. We just play for fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.

@BL
My fiancée plays frequently-happy to link y’all up at any time! She’s a solid player- I am not haha. We just play for fun and don’t take ourselves too seriously.

I'd love to play with her! I'm not great, but I love to play and I'm getting better. :) What is the vibe at Rock Hill? I'm trying to find a club that has a good mix of singles and not just families...which is tough around here.

Thanks!

I am! Welcome to THP! We are in Greenville, SC!

I have to ask, did you go to PC?

@BL

I'd love to play with her! I'm not great, but I love to play and I'm getting better. :) What is the vibe at Rock Hill? I'm trying to find a club that has a good mix of singles and not just families...which is tough around here.

Thanks!
It’s definitely pretty relaxed. We have only been members for a couple of months but have enjoyed it so far. Enjoy the course and it’s very affordable compared to most of what is in Charlotte and getting a weekend tee time isn’t too tough. Amenities are just okay-but that’s fine with me. I don’t need fountains and reflecting ponds everywhere.

Last edited:
Back