Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

Can you combo these for just the 4-5 in the ZX5 and 6-PW ZX7?
According to the site, they have the set broke up 4-7 and 8-PW.

They only sell combo sets of 4-7/8-PW and 4-6/7-PW splits, but you can easily make a 4-5/6-PW split just by ordering individual irons from both ZX5 and ZX7 sets.

According to the site, they have the set broke up 4-7 and 8-PW.
They only sell combo sets of 4-7/8-PW and 4-6/7-PW splits, but you can easily make a 4-5/6-PW split just by ordering individual irons from both ZX5 and ZX7 sets.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I checked out the website and they were pre determined combos.

Today was nice with the new irons. I’m in love with the gap wedge haha. Pretty darn versatile for full shots and also playful pitch shots.

long irons are great. Need to put a decent swing but overall very easy to elevate and get good results with.

im very happy

Look what showed up today!:) Just in time for our trip to Naples on Saturday where I'll be able to give them a proper breaking in.

They were waiting for shafts for the GW and 5 iron so those are delayed until next week but that is no big deal. I'll get them on the simulator tomorrow if not sooner. :)

RcDAqzqcSzuscntugU072g.jpgnEfJt5v+S1mc7yKYvS7PWg.jpgoghWpPXuRvKTYl8ELoatIA.jpg

Love me some AMT Whites. Looks like a great set!

I took a chance on the Sonar + midsize and the feel, firmness, and tackiness is perfect.

6795C7D4-A89B-401E-BA59-CD5F4D69EDD2.jpegBDB17F05-BCA3-4371-95E2-C1763A0F60C5.jpeg

As one still waiting, I am very jealous. And super excited for you! Nice set.

FWIW, mine are custom length, lie, and shafts and they took 28 days to arrive from the day the order was put in.

Awesome. If Golf Pride doesn't get their **** figured out and quit holding up cluib orders a bunch of people are going to be switching to Lamkins, and Sonars are really nice.
This whole thing with GP grips is weird to me.
I used import the grips for them (their Parent Company was the actual customer) and they brought in so many grips at a time it was ridiculous.
I never thought this would happen.
But it has and if you want you clubs, then Sonars etc. are where you need to go.

This whole thing with GP grips is weird to me.
I used import the grips for them (their Parent Company was the actual customer) and they brought in so many grips at a time it was ridiculous.
I never thought this would happen.
But it has and if you want you clubs, then Sonars etc. are where you need to go.

There are other fantastic grips from Lamkin and others. I put new grips on at least a couple of times each season and have played 90% of my rounds since 1978 with GP. I switched to Sonar Tours when they came out a year or so ago, and am a happy convert to Lamkin.

FWIW, mine are custom length, lie, and shafts and they took 28 days to arrive from the day the order was put in.

I'm 36 days and counting. Last I heard, mmt shafts were supposed to arrive at Srixon US yesterday. Potentially they are getting built up right now. I asked for an update and should have info by tomorrow at the latest.

I got my ZX5's last week and they came with GP Tour Velvet 360's. :unsure:

There are other fantastic grips from Lamkin and others. I put new grips on at least a couple of times each season and have played 90% of my rounds since 1978 with GP. I switched to Sonar Tours when they came out a year or so ago, and am a happy convert to Lamkin.
I hit a demo ZX7 with a UTX grip. It was nice.

Well darn. mmt 105 shafts won't be available until middle of April. That means I won't get clubs until May. :mad:

Next step is to find out what shafts are in stock and see if we can figure something out that might work and get the clubs here sooner than later.

I'm not upset at Srixon for the shaft availability, but I will say their communication on all of this was rather poor.

37 days of excitement end in one day of frustration. Canceled order. Even if I switched to an in-stock shaft -- there aren't very many -- they would take at least 2 weeks to build. With shipping that would be about 3 weeks. I would think I could maybe get to the front of the line, but apparently not. So bye for now Srixon. I'm back to square one. :mad:

37 days of excitement end in one day of frustration. Canceled order. Even if I switched to an in-stock shaft -- there aren't very many -- they would take at least 2 weeks to build. With shipping that would be about 3 weeks. I would think I could maybe get to the front of the line, but apparently not. So bye for now Srixon. I'm back to square one. :mad:

Were you getting the 5's or the 7's? Just saw some 5's for sale in the marketplace.

Were you getting the 5's or the 7's? Just saw some 5's for sale in the marketplace.

7's.

I am going back to my chill out mode. I wanted to get a new set to start the season, which is why I went to CO for a CC fitting in Feb and ordered Feb 8. But apparently I picked the wrong shafts. Just clubs, no big deal. My current irons have plenty of life in them. There will be a demo day with Srixon at my home course in April, and in the meantime I will continue to explore the multitude of great irons out there.

Well darn. mmt 105 shafts won't be available until middle of April. That means I won't get clubs until May. :mad:

Next step is to find out what shafts are in stock and see if we can figure something out that might work and get the clubs here sooner than later.

I'm not upset at Srixon for the shaft availability, but I will say their communication on all of this was rather poor.
What other shafts would work for you?

What other shafts would work for you?

That's what I need to explore. I was fitted for some LAGP shafts and play recoil 110's now. We thought the mmt's could be a nice fit for me, although I did not hit that specific shaft. I have hit numerous steel shafts but not thinking about actually getting a set. Since realistically I wouldn't get ZX7's from Srixon with any shaft now until end of April or early May, I will take my time and make sure I get something that works for me.

Yes you can. Not one of their "pre-packaged" sets, but can for sure be ordered that way. I actually broke on the 5-6.

That’s not what I wanted to hear at all. 😥. Hope you can figure something out. Makes me feel really lucky I got mine when I did

Back