Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack and Black Satin Wedges

Same here. It looks like it has a teenagers patchy 5 o’clock shadow. 😉

Love my 54 still. It is my go to. Cleveland crushed it with these.
Agree. I love my 54 and 62. So, good on both full shots and everywhere around the green.

Not the greatest picture, but I’ve had these since the release and this is how they look.
9B8ADFE6-73EA-4437-B94F-6525E8B542D6.jpeg

I recently got a set of these Zipcore tour rack raws (for free I might add, as part of the Srixon Ambassador program). Now I love Srixon irons and have played them for a long time, but in the sedges I have played Callaway Jaws forever as well and really like my MD 5's. I got the wedges because they were included in the program and figure I would likely give them to one of the HS or College Kids I work with.

But when they came in I thought let me give them a try (why not right). So I grabbed the 60* (low bounce, TI DGS400) and chipped and pitched around the practice green. I was impressed, the weight felt good, feedback/feel off the face felt really, they spun from all kinds of lies. So, I took out the 56 (low bounce), and the same thing. So I moved back to some mid range pitches, 40-70 yards with both. Again they felt good, easy to control, good spin, and really good feedback feel off the face. So headed to the range to try out the 50* (same set-up as the others) to hit some full and 3/4 shots. And I really think this is where these wedges separated themselves from the MD5's. They felt so much better on the full shots in all aspects. Spin was the same, feel was extraordinary. Now I know the honeymoon effect could of been in play, so I did the for the following two days, and got 9 holes in wit them. Still very much the same results. So into the bag they will go. :cool:

The Zip is getting some work later today. First nine of the new season!

Was on fire today with my 54 Mid ZipCore. Honestly was the best club in the bag. The spin allowed me to get pretty aggressive and I had multiple shots within a few feet from green side chips.

Was on fire today with my 54 Mid ZipCore. Honestly was the best club in the bag. The spin allowed me to get pretty aggressive and I had multiple shots within a few feet from green side chips.
The Zipcore sure was in fire for you today. It was fun to see the action off those shots from up close!

The Zipcore sure was in fire for you today. It was fun to see the action off those shots from up close!

She was a beaut! It all starts with trust. I think this is going to be a very long term relationship.

77E45BA1-4EB2-416F-ACA1-1620F34619E2.jpeg

She was a beaut! It all starts with trust. I think this is going to be a very long term relationship.

View attachment 8997379
It all starts with trust, or rust :unsure:.

But agree the more comfortable you are in knowing what the club and ball can do, the more aggressive and precise you can get.

im getting in quite a little comfort zone with my 54. It’s a lot more versatile than I thought it would be and puts some spin on the ball when needed.

It all starts with trust, or rust :unsure:.

But agree the more comfortable you are in knowing what the club and ball can do, the more aggressive and precise you can get.

Lol you despise the rust!

im getting in quite a little comfort zone with my 54. It’s a lot more versatile than I thought it would be and puts some spin on the ball when needed.

I feel the same. 50 yards to green side confidence is trending up!

I have two Tour Rack wedges with specialty grinds, a 54* and a 58*. I am seeing very slight wear pretty much dead center. See below. However, I am seeing virtually no rust. I expected more. Our humidity is low, but I am curious what others are seeing in the way of rust.

AF86F93A-8D02-413A-806F-C00DCB4F5AFF.jpeg18E741B9-E8D8-4C32-9390-549D9C8AEE08.jpeg

I have two Tour Rack wedges with specialty grinds, a 54* and a 58*. I am seeing very slight wear pretty much dead center. See below. However, I am seeing virtually no rust. I expected more. Our humidity is low, but I am curious what others are seeing in the way of rust.

View attachment 8998504View attachment 8998505
I too live in a pretty dry area, and the rust that has shown up on mine has been very minimal. I personally don't want to see any rust, not my thing, so I give it a little polish job every once and a while to eliminate what little rust has shown up. It has been very easy to keep it looking like it did when it arrived, which is a really good looking finish.

These seem less prone to rusting than some other raw clubs I have tried. I trashed mine on the first outing which was soggy with granular fertilizer all over the place. Since I cleaned them up, the last few months around the house they haven't done much.

This looks more like a stealth brag about your wear area being dead center 🤔😁

This looks more like a stealth brag about your wear area being dead center 🤔😁
Just for cursing me like that, I will probably shank these to the point that I will have to get rid of them and then they will never rust..

What is your magical brew?
Spray bottle with a cup of peroxide, about an ounce or two of vinegar, and a pinch of salt. :love:

Spray bottle with a cup of peroxide, about an ounce or two of vinegar, and a pinch of salt. :love:
Sounds delicious? 😒😁

The 54* ZipCore was on absolute fire today. Multiple ups and downs, two chip ins with one of them being for eagle. My confidence has never been higher in a single club. Right now when I’m green side I feel like I am putting it within 5 feet automatic.

The 54* ZipCore was on absolute fire today. Multiple ups and downs, two chip ins with one of them being for eagle. My confidence has never been higher in a single club. Right now when I’m green side I feel like I am putting it within 5 feet automatic.
I felt the same with my 60* today. Greens were rock hard, nothing was holding on approach shots, and I was playing with a couple of guys that hit the ball really high, and even their full wedge shots were bounding off the greens. So we all got lots of fun shots from around the greens, and the Tour Rack was money!

Best of the day was a par-3 that I hit 9-iron pretty close to a back flag, but didn't stick and ended up in a low area behind the green. I was short-sided, with the green running away towards the front. I hit a little mini-flop shot, landed it on the collar, and it rolled to within a couple of feet. No one thought there was any way I'd be able to keep in on the green, but I did, and made the par put for the best up-and-down of the day.

Last edited:
I felt the same with my 60* today. Greens were rock hard, nothing was holding on approach shots, and I was playing with a couple of guys that hit the ball really high, and even their full wedge shots were bounding off the greens. So we all got lots of fun shots from around the greens, and the Tour Rack was money!

Best of the day was a par-3 that I hit 9-iron pretty close to a back flag, but didn't stick and ended up in a low area behind the green. I was short-sided, with the green running away towards the front. I hit a little mini-flop shot, landed it on the collar, and it rolled to within a couple of feet. No one thought there was any way I'd be able to keep in on the green, but I did, and made the par put for the best up-and-down of the day.

That is awesome to hear. Playing at PGA Village down in Fla right now and the greens are rock hard and absolutely flying. It makes It that much better! I am getting very aggressive with my shots and I am getting so much bite. Loving it!

Looking to order a 54/56* and 60* Tour Rack and looking for some advice:

1) On the 54/56* (bent to 55*) - Full sole or mid? Club is typically used for full shots, bunkers and chips around green (without opening face). Also, thoughts on if the grinds such as the S grind are worth it?

2) On the 60* - I was leaning toward Mid. This is a club I chip with most often and use it to open face where necessary. Thoughts on just heel relief versus heel and toe?

I previously had RTX 3 Mids in both lofts and never noticed any issues if that helps.

Thanks!

Edit to reflect 54 or 56 degree as it looks like some may not be in stock.

Last edited:
Back