Aero Swing Training Aid Review

As a senior golfer a jump of 4.1 MPH. would be amazing:unsure:

Great review @Jman .

Interesting first session today. I started out averaging 92mph after a good warmup. After the training session I jumped into a sim round and noticed nice gains throughout my whole bag. It really gave me the confidence to swing harder throughout the whole bag. My driver in particular was up on average 3mph or about 10 yards. Excited to keep on the program.

Interesting first session today. I started out averaging 92mph after a good warmup. After the training session I jumped into a sim round and noticed nice gains throughout my whole bag. It really gave me the confidence to swing harder throughout the whole bag. My driver in particular was up on average 3mph or about 10 yards. Excited to keep on the program.
It definitely works, and so much more comfortably than those ancient old weighted donuts I still see some people using like on a baseball bat :LOL:

Another update after just under a week of work. Driver club head speed has jumped on average of 6mph. Hit my highest swing speed recorded during a round of 101mph on the sim. Still swinging on average 98mph though. I am getting about 20 yards on average. The real interesting part is the gains in my irons. I didn't realize how slow I was swinging. I have gained on average 30 yards there which is crazy to me. This product has really made me so much more comfortable swinging faster while maintaining my form.

I was somewhat skeptical going in but now I'm a believer.

I think I prefer the SuperSpeed sticks over this. It just feels like my shaft is bending a lot when trying to maximize speed with this on there

Played around with these again tonight. Still scared to put them on my gamer driver. Seems so rough on the shaft. The rubber things and zip ties seem kinda bizarre still. Things were still moving all around so just left them off for the most part.

There is no doubt swing speed jumps after some swings with 1 or 2 of the pinecones on there. The driver felt sooo light, lol.
I wish I had better swing speed measuring.
Now the transition between the resistance and naked driver trashed my contact. The swing with the resistance is so different, I'm not sure I want to be doing it with my gamer all the time.

I need to be more consistent with it in practice to see how that changes.

Breaking out a classic to test.
Pinecone is super distracting at address.

PXL_20210320_030612040.jpg

PXL_20210320_030737566.jpg

Played around with these again tonight. Still scared to put them on my gamer driver. Seems so rough on the shaft. The rubber things and zip ties seem kinda bizarre still. Things were still moving all around so just left them off for the most part.

There is no doubt swing speed jumps after some swings with 1 or 2 of the pinecones on there. The driver felt sooo light, lol.
I wish I had better swing speed measuring.
Now the transition between the resistance and naked driver trashed my contact. The swing with the resistance is so different, I'm not sure I want to be doing it with my gamer all the time.

I need to be more consistent with it in practice to see how that changes.

Breaking out a classic to test.
Pinecone is super distracting at address.

View attachment 8998801

View attachment 8998802
One thing I noticed after making some gains early on is that it has to normalize. I can get good speed with bad contact, but I can take some slightly off and make great contact and still be a couple mph quicker then where I started. Even today where I played a round and felt and felt a bit off through the whole bag I still saw a 4mph increase over my baseline.

Another update after just under a week of work. Driver club head speed has jumped on average of 6mph. Hit my highest swing speed recorded during a round of 101mph on the sim. Still swinging on average 98mph though. I am getting about 20 yards on average. The real interesting part is the gains in my irons. I didn't realize how slow I was swinging. I have gained on average 30 yards there which is crazy to me. This product has really made me so much more comfortable swinging faster while maintaining my form.

I was somewhat skeptical going in but now I'm a believer.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy to hear that you are seeing such improvement in club head speed and distance

@baylrballa completely agree with being hesitant to put this on the gamer driver. I initially put it on my tensei pro orange and saw some scratches right away. I also dont like the load it puts on the shaft. Im sure it won't happen but it just feels like the shaft is gonna break. Im hesitant to really swing the hell out of this thing vs the superspeed sticks

Im not entirely sure I buy in to the swing speed gains yet. With SuperSpeed I at least felt the strength and conditioning part of the overspeed training. Both right hand and left handed swinging the heavier shafts made a difference to me, then going all out on speed with the light sticks. The gradual change in weight makes to me bc its building up the power and strength to sustain the speed gains

I haven't hit balls with this on and haven't immediately after. So far ive been using it in the front yard and then taking practice swings after taking it off. No doubt immediately feels like speed is up, but I haven't seen the permanent gains from trackman sessions or out at the range

All Great comments here, take a look at the website now. We just launched the new Aero-Swing Training Approach System, that comes with an Aero-Shaft that you can put your Aero-Swings on to train with. www.aero-Swing.com

I just bought 2 of these off of Amazon and they should be here by Friday! I've got a Medicus power meter and will establish my baseline with it. I was tinkering around last night and was consistently getting it to 92 or so (I've taken the last 9 years or so off from golf basically besides a yearly scramble). I ended up working on a bigger shoulder turn with high hands and got it up to 107mph or so in just about 10 minutes of swinging it. I will be posting a review when I get done with this training aid. Looks like it is legit!!!

one of the black rubber stoppers went flying off yesterday and somehow I cant find it. I didnt notice it at first but after the 3rd swing I thought something felt weird. Looked down at the club head and the black stopper was gone. I looked all over the place and no luck... must be in the neighbors yard!

I just bought 2 of these off of Amazon and they should be here by Friday! I've got a Medicus power meter and will establish my baseline with it. I was tinkering around last night and was consistently getting it to 92 or so (I've taken the last 9 years or so off from golf basically besides a yearly scramble). I ended up working on a bigger shoulder turn with high hands and got it up to 107mph or so in just about 10 minutes of swinging it. I will be posting a review when I get done with this training aid. Looks like it is legit!!!
Hi, i'm curious to see if you can post your results here. thanks!

one of the black rubber stoppers went flying off yesterday and somehow I cant find it. I didnt notice it at first but after the 3rd swing I thought something felt weird. Looked down at the club head and the black stopper was gone. I looked all over the place and no luck... must be in the neighbors yard!
You may have missed the directions card that shows the black stoppers being held on by the reusable zip ties. Send me a message on bill@aero-swing.com and i'll ship you out a new stopper! thanks for being a customer! Also would love to hear about the gains you have been getting.

@baylrballa completely agree with being hesitant to put this on the gamer driver. I initially put it on my tensei pro orange and saw some scratches right away. I also dont like the load it puts on the shaft. Im sure it won't happen but it just feels like the shaft is gonna break. Im hesitant to really swing the hell out of this thing vs the superspeed sticks

Im not entirely sure I buy in to the swing speed gains yet. With SuperSpeed I at least felt the strength and conditioning part of the overspeed training. Both right hand and left handed swinging the heavier shafts made a difference to me, then going all out on speed with the light sticks. The gradual change in weight makes to me bc its building up the power and strength to sustain the speed gains

I haven't hit balls with this on and haven't immediately after. So far ive been using it in the front yard and then taking practice swings after taking it off. No doubt immediately feels like speed is up, but I haven't seen the permanent gains from trackman sessions or out at the range
Hello, i have reached out to you several times on your facebook page to no avail asking for you to expand further on how you say your shaft was scratched by our Aero-Swing product. The only part of an Aero-Swing that touches a shaft are two very soft silicone grommets. I designed it this way on purpose, to avoid any kind of damage on a golfer's club. If you can expand on how our product scratched your shaft, I would love to hear about it. I take these comments very seriously. Also, if you look at our new training video, you will see Jeff Crittenden, 3 time World Long Drive champion going through our training program. His swing speed is over 145 mph. NO damages to his own club at all. You should have no problems swinging the Aero-swing as hard as you can. If you are still hesitant about putting aero-swing on your own shaft, we also have a new product called the Aero-Shaft. Explicitly made to only hold Aero-Swings. There is a stopper at the end to keep Aero-Swings from flying off when you swing. Thanks for your comments!

For those who measure gains using this (or any) swing speed device. Do you measure gains when hitting a ball (both baseline and improvement)? Or are the increases from max effort swings (which I would not likely ever do on the course)? There may be a correlation between increases in max effort swings and actual on the course swings, but was just wondering how most measure this?

Decided to start the program back up. I started originally at 92 and finished with a baseline of 101. When I first finished the program 101 was a hardish swing. Now it is my stock smooth swing. Hoping to take it to 110 with a smooth swing this time around after losing a bit of weight. During my first session tonight really focused on form to make sure I don't engrain bad habits as well. One main reason I am doing this is to help with swinging out of thick rough I am hopeful of making better more consistent contact and ball flights. Courses in my area have some brutal rough in the spring and fall. Second and not really a focus, but just a cool benefit is gaining the distance to play from the tips.

I will follow-up as I go through the journey and let you know if a second full trip through the system yields more benefit.

Back