Headed back to Ravaged Alabama

bama

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 8.9
been on vacation in FL for the last 10 days.
headed back on Tuesday morning to a county that is currently about 85% without power...
oh...yeah...the reason we are heading back is that i have to start Midnight shifts on Tuesday nights.....w/o hot food or hot shower....

While this sounds a little inconvenient, I still have my house and our family/friends suffered no loss of life...

in looking at the devastation in pictures, I count myself lucky.....

Bama

been on vacation in FL for the last 10 days.
headed back on Tuesday morning to a county that is currently about 85% without power...
oh...yeah...the reason we are heading back is that i have to start Midnight shifts on Tuesday nights.....w/o hot food or hot shower....

While this sounds a little inconvenient, I still have my house and our family/friends suffered no loss of life...

in looking at the devastation in pictures, I count myself lucky.....

Bama

Glad to hear your family is okay, that is what matters. It does stink being withour power. Hopefully power gets restored soon so clean up can really begin.

Good luck man, keep you in my thoughts

Glad to hear that family and self are doing ok, bama. Safe travels back.

Have safe travels. Hopefully you get your power restored soon.

Good to hear you and family are all safe Bama. Good luck when you get back, hope all comes back together quickly for you.

All the best to you and the family bama. Safe travels home.

Glad everyone is alright bama, I will be in Montgomery next week for a golf tournament (hopefully). Good luck with getting your power restored soon.

thanks to all for the kind words..
Made it back in and luckily...have power....

That means a hot shower and supper, then a quick nap before my midnight shifts start....
The community around me is pulling together like I would not have through possible....

Strangers are riding around in trucks helping people cut trees and stack wood.
People are coming out of their homes bearing what little food they have for all the people working..(this includes power/utility/cleanup people from 6 states..)

Proud to call the South my home....

Bama

Good news bama, glad the power is on and life is taking some semblance of being normal. God bless!

Glad to hear you made out okay 'Bama and people are pulling together. :)

Glad to hear everyone is safe Bama. I hope you get your power back soon. I can't stand having no electricity.

Edit: I see you have power now which is great!

Glad to hear all was well at your home when you returned. I love what you describe. It's why I love visiting friends and family there.

Glad to hear everything is ok with you and your family!

Happy to hear everything is ok. I'm still stunned at the damage and loss of life.

Glad to hear your friends and family are OK. Hope things go well when you get back home.

Good to have some good news out of T-Town. I've seen first hand just how destructive tornadoes can be, but still the videos of the destruction are ghastly. RTR

Back