What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
played 27 today, shot 87 on 18 and then 43 on the my next 9. I didn't hit the ball as good as I did last night, but it felt great to get out and play 27 holes.
Sure wish I was out there playing yesterday. Look at that, another Paradisian playing in a sim. :rolleyes:

Squeeze 9 in this am before the t storm. Was supposed to play in a 4 some but one hurt his back an they backed out.

Shot a 43 - I was in a groove. No pressure no hurry, no risky shots, I left myself easy two putts and drained a few long ones.

I really love the new shafts- I'm killing the Kua right now. Can't wait to get some forward roll.

48-45 for a 93. Beat my best score at this course by 6 strokes. My goal was to break 95, so I felt good. Left a bunch of strokes out there due to a couple mistakes and some pretty poor putting. Regardless, I hit the ball well. Had a tough time with distances due to the wind. I was short or long quite a few times.

48-45 for a 93. Beat my best score at this course by 6 strokes. My goal was to break 95, so I felt good. Left a bunch of strokes out there due to a couple mistakes and some pretty poor putting. Regardless, I hit the ball well. Had a tough time with distances due to the wind. I was short or long quite a few times.

Great stuff Hawk, beating your best score by 6 stokes this early in the season is a great accomplishment.

nice playing Hawk!

after 27 yesterday I went out and played 9 with Nerfny this morning. I shot a 43, I didn't make any putts. I did hit in one bunker and had perhaps my best out of the year which is good because my confidence was down to nothing out of the traps. On the 3rd hole there was a bit of a wait so I was watching my buddy(club champ 4 years running) and I took not on his driver set up. When I got up I moved the ball back in my stance a touch and lowered my hands a little at address and boom, I hit a great driver. Followed that up by hitting great drives the rest of the way in! I hope that carries over.

As for Nerfny, on Friday she broke 50 for the first time with a 46, today we played the back 9 and sure enough she back it up with another 46. All that with going triple-double on the final 2 holes. She hit the ball great, even had 3 make able birdie putts. After the round I said to her that only 2 things have changed equipment wise in her bag for the last 2 rounds. 1)she added a 42 Niblick and 2)she has been playing the Precept Ladies IQ ball(pink of course). She hit the ball long and was consistent and is playing the best golf of her life right now. It's very exciting to watch.

Nice job, ddec and nerfny :) I've moved the ball back quite a bit for my driver (it was way forward) and I've never hit the ball so straight with it.

Squeeze 9 in this am before the t storm. Was supposed to play in a 4 some but one hurt his back an they backed out.

Shot a 43 - I was in a groove. No pressure no hurry, no risky shots, I left myself easy two putts and drained a few long ones.

I really love the new shafts- I'm killing the Kua right now. Can't wait to get some forward roll.

Great to hear! I knew I should have left the price at 200! I hope it continues to produce

Tap before talk.

Nice job, ddec and nerfny :) I've moved the ball back quite a bit for my driver (it was way forward) and I've never hit the ball so straight with it.

I'm thinking the ball position had something to do with my recent inconsistencies. I'm hoping to be able to get out a few times during the week to see if that was the fix.

I shot 74 today. With 38 putts......

Was striking the ball so well in very windy conditions. More than a little frustrating, but I take encouragement from knowing there's a score waiting for me if I sort the putting out next time!

horrendous day yesterday - 95 - worst score in 6 years.... first time playing 18 this year. Started off great - drove the green on the par 4 first - 10 foot eagle putt - missed but left with a 4 inch bird putt. Then proceeded to double the next 4 holes.... It didn't get any better

Shot a 41 today. It was on a par 33. Missed a birdie putt. But I did have an eagle putt that lead to a two putt birdie. It may be an 8-over. But 41 is still my lowest score for 9 holes.

REally short par 71 but I managed a 77 which was one of my goals this year. Felt really good. If I hadn't bogeyed the final hole it would have tied my personal best

Great to hear! I knew I should have left the price at 200! I hope it continues to produce

Tap before talk.

hehe well if it makes you feel any better i wouldnt have bought for 200 :) you had the price right at the... this is affordable... and too good a deal to pass up. 200 and i would just have waited for a real fitting at the demo day.

Shot an 85 on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday's round I 4 doubles, 7 bogies, and 2 birdies. I swung the clubs decent but putting killed me on the front 9. Had 20 putts on the front. Back 9 I wasn't good from the tee for the first 4 holes but hit it will after that.

Sunday was an interesting round. Drove the ball better, except for 1 par 5 where I went OB. Hit 11/14 fairways. Misses were just off the fairway. I just could not get any luck with the irons. I hit them great but was just off by a few yards and did not get the bounces today. Had two 3 putts and about 6 lip outs. I am still happy with my progress though. Still just hitting 3w off tee and seems to be helping me a lot. I am thinking about selling my r9 and getting fitted for a driver. I have a member's nine tonight so hopefully I can play well tonight.

First round in the year; played 18 on a 9-hole course (blue & yellow tee boxes), shot a 93. A very solid round for me. Have some championship courses on the schedule for the next several weekends. I hope to keep it in the 90's and maybe see an 80-something on the card this summer, but right for now I still consider myself a member of the 'break 100' club.

Shot an 89 today, 48 out and 41 back. Pleased with my tee to green but again my putter let me down

Shot an 87 on saturday and a 90 on sunday. Can't wait till the rain and wind go away. Maybe I'll be able to play better once it's dry out... LOL

I played Sand Creek Station in Newton, KS on the way home from a wedding weekend trip. http://www.sandcreekgolfclub.com

This is a really nice course to the most part. It's only a few years old and while its not all that tight of a course, they have danger set up all over the place. Lots of bunkers, water and some woods, playing from the back tee's makes this a fairly tough course. But, the real threat comes with its greens. I'm not sure there's a flat spot any where on these greens and some have huge swells. The fairways left a bit to be desired as some were mowed extremely low like hitting off bare ground.

I was pretty happy shooting a 41/43 on a course I'm not accustomed to with horrible putting, 19/17.

I played in a tournament Saturday morning and had one of my worst rounds in quite some time. 48 going out 44 coming in for a stellar 92. I cant even point my finger on any one aspect of my game that struggled as it seems like everything suffered at one point in time. I did manage 2 birdies on 2 par 5's, sticking a gap wedge into 10-12 feet on each hole and converting for birdie.

I'm doing my best to forget about that round and chalk it up to a bad day on the course. I'm playing in a work league tonight and am hoping to get a little revenge on the course from last week.

Saturday: an 87 - good 41 on the front, 46 on the back. Didn't hit a single fairway or green on the back 9, had a triple on 10 and a double on 16 but managed to scramble well enough on the others to make two pars and bogey the rest. I just lost my driver after the front nine for some reason (it was windy and a few narrow fairways contributed...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back