Odyssey White Hot OG Putters

Went to a local GG to waste some time and spent a good portion of my time there rolling a 7s. Man was it nearly automatic on the mat there... I’m not in the market for a new putter but it definitely had me pondering. Really liked the feel and sound-

finally! a 7SL in hand! practicing on my mat right now and the feel is unreal. Hopefully no frost delay in the morning for a quick 9 holes with it!

Rolled a 7s OG yesterday and now I see what the hype is all about. I rolled it side by side with the new Odyssey Ten putter to see the difference. This insert is definitely softer feeling yet has a firm feel as well. It also looks absolutely 🔥🔥 with the red stroke lab shaft. The grip was a smooth grey rubber pistol grip which I actually much preferred over the pistol grip that was on the Ten series.

Rolled a 7s OG yesterday and now I see what the hype is all about. I rolled it side by side with the new Odyssey Ten putter to see the difference. This insert is definitely softer feeling yet has a firm feel as well. It also looks absolutely 🔥🔥 with the red stroke lab shaft. The grip was a smooth grey rubber pistol grip which I actually much preferred over the pistol grip that was on the Ten series.
I have been testing the Two Ball OG and had the same impression on the face. Not quite sure how to explain it other than it feels soft, but doesn't come off the face like the putter cover is still on it. I did swap the grip out for something thicker and I am having a little remorse for doing so. So far I am pleasantly surprised with its performance.

I did swap the grip out for something thicker and I am having a little remorse for doing so
I swapped out the stock grey grip recently and it was an instant improvement. The stock grip was tacky and felt great the first week or so and then from practicing it became really smooth and slippery. It was slick and I ended up hating that feeling and wasn’t putting well. I switched it out for a Tour SNSR and it’s changed the putter for me. Just quoting to let you know what ended up happening to my stock grip after a few uses

I swapped out the stock grey grip recently and it was an instant improvement. The stock grip was tacky and felt great the first week or so and then from practicing it became really smooth and slippery. It was slick and I ended up hating that feeling and wasn’t putting well. I switched it out for a Tour SNSR and it’s changed the putter for me. Just quoting to let you know what ended up happening to my stock grip after a few uses

At first I wasn't sure, and over a couple days have really come to like the stock grip. I do notice it is very smooth, and I do like some cord so it may get swapped. For now though I'm embracing it, hoping it won't turn slippery as you mention.

The Rossie S is a freaking slick machine. So, so good.

I'm not even a "blade guy" but that WH OG #1 is SOOO freaking good! It's weighted absolutely perfectly and making putts has never been that easy with a blade (in store). I didn't really vibe with any of the rest of the line, but the #1 was shockingly good. I actually thought I would prefer the 1WS. I was wrong.

I'm not even a "blade guy" but that WH OG #1 is SOOO freaking good! It's weighted absolutely perfectly and making putts has never been that easy with a blade (in store). I didn't really vibe with any of the rest of the line, but the #1 was shockingly good. I actually thought I would prefer the 1WS. I was wrong.

I have had the same unexpected wow experience with the #1. Great combo with that insert. (y)

Appreciate the feedback, I went to a Superstroke 1.0 which I play in my other putters. At least I feel better knowing that it gets slick (it felt a little slick but I do remember the original ones were like that.

I have had the same unexpected wow experience with the #1. Great combo with that insert. (y)
That's the other thing. The insert felt perfect on that one. Felt a bit softer on others, but it could be in the weight perception. I'm sure the total club weights are nearly identical, but the perceivable weight is different and I was shocked. That's the most stable blade I can remember trying and the insert is perfect for it.

For now though I'm embracing it, hoping it won't turn slippery as you mention.
I hope so too for you since I loved that grip when I first got the putter! It wasn’t bag wear or anything either since I was just using it on a putting mat and kept it out in the open during that time. So I’m not sure what happened to it

A PSA, I tried removing the grey grip with air (to save it), wrapped it properly (or so I thought,,lol) so it wouldn't bubble and pop with tape, but I ended up popping it anyway and my ears were ringing for 20 minutes, duh :unsure:

Swapping the 7s for the 1ws... Clayton got me wondering if it should be the 1 instead of the 1ws. :unsure:

I really need to put some rolls on these.

Sounds like taking a trip back in time.

Picked up a Rossie S the other day with the steel shaft. I have a KBS CT Tour in a different putter and may throw that in there to see how it feels. I'm loving this putter so far on my basement mat, now I need the snow to melt

I still have my original White Hot Rossie but want to get a new version because I like playing my putter at 370gm and the new weights will allow me to make it heavier. It might replace my Scotty Studio Select NP2?

Not a shape i usually gravitate towards but i'd take it! :LOL: I really need Odyssey to stop neglecting us Jailbird fans.

Me either. This is about my 3rd mallet putter ever, I'm a blade guy. I had to push myself out of my comfort zone because my first temptation was the 1WS. It was fantastic when I demo'd them back to back. I left the store thinking 1WS and talked myself into Rossie after I got home, and glad I did.

My reasoning was, since I have not gamed to many mallets, I went Rossie S instead of 1WS to expand my experience repertoire. Plus, Rossie is about as OG as it gets with Odyssey. I think the new shape is even better than the original since they made it deeper front to back. The first couple days I was not totally sure I could align it well automatically.... but I think I've worked through that because even though I still feel like I am double checking the alignment, the results are pretty darn money. I've told myself to back off the OCD and just trust the roll.

The milling on the bumpers is nothing but flow. And the head combined with the White Hot - just amazing.

Appreciate the feedback, I went to a Superstroke 1.0 which I play in my other putters. At least I feel better knowing that it gets slick (it felt a little slick but I do remember the original ones were like that.

I hope so too for you since I loved that grip when I first got the putter! It wasn’t bag wear or anything either since I was just using it on a putting mat and kept it out in the open during that time. So I’m not sure what happened to it

Like everything, including humans, things get old!

The Odyssey WH putter that I traded my buddy for came with the largest, I think, grip that Super Stroke makes! It was old, and slick, and far too big for my hands. So, I went to the golf store, shopping for some golf, and pulled every single putter grip that they had! I found a slightly oversize Lamkin paddle grip that I just love! Works with this putter perfectly for me.

Like everything, including humans, things get old!
I would agree with that if the putter wasn’t less than a month old with no course time when I decided to replace the grip lol

but I’m glad that whatever happened, did because the new Tour SNSR is working wonders on this thing

Every time I go to the golf store I can't help but roll the 2 Ball OG. I forgot just how good that shape is. I really wish they offered the center shaft model like they used to years ago. Center Shaft with the Stroke Lab shaft would be incredible and would almost have to be an instant purchase.

Had 29 putts today. The confidence with this one, the 1ws, is through the roof. It feels point and shoot right now. Putting with the CSx LS today and the combination was perfect. Continues to put such a great roll on the ball and my distance control is spot on. Like I said above, I have the Tour SNSR pistol grip on this and it’s been game changing

I bought the OG 2-ball right after they hit the shelves at GG. Couldn't wait when I heard Odyssey was remaking them.

My original 2002 2-ball with a top line splitting the middle of the balls WAS my favorite putter ever. Now the new OG with changeable weights is the perfect putter for me. I might buy another just to make sure I have this exact type of putter for the rest of my golfing life. I've tried other mallets and blades. Nothing compares to the consistency I get with the 2-ball.

The BEST head shape and alignment aid design ever, IMO.

I bought the OG 2-ball right after they hit the shelves at GG. Couldn't wait when I heard Odyssey was remaking them.

My original 2002 2-ball with a top line splitting the middle of the balls WAS my favorite putter ever. Now the new OG with changeable weights is the perfect putter for me. I might buy another just to make sure I have this exact type of putter for the rest of my golfing life. I've tried other mallets and blades. Nothing compares to the consistency I get with the 2-ball.

The BEST head shape and alignment aid design ever, IMO.

I also love the 2-Ball with the line splitting them. If (when) the 2-ball ten comes out with a WH insert, I’ll be all over it.

Does anyone know the weight of the grips and the counter balance for the white hot range?

My 34" #7 has the oversized grip. Planning to replace with a Pistol GTR and use the Superstroke counterbalance weights but dont want to change the swingweight too much.

picked up the 1ws sl from my pro shop last week. I did have it ordered with oversize sl ten grip. Have not had a chance to play a round with it yet but rolling it indoors has me impressed.

Back