TESTED! Tour Edge Exotics 721 Irons

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last month we got a close up look at the new Tour Edge Exotics 721 irons. The lineup consists of the C721 and E721, each offering a different profile. It is time for another TESTED! where we put the gear to the test and show the swings and data and then break it down for you.

In the video below, we offer a little bit of background on the irons about to be hit, but if you want the full preview of the technology, click here. Then hop into the hitting bay with both sets of the Tour Edge Exotics 721 irons and finish it up with a breakdown of the data from the swings you saw.

After watching that video, which one of the two do you think would be your...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy E721 ball speed Batman :oops:

Man, the C’s actually sound really really good from the video. Some solid little data sets to break down there for sure. Good stuff Dan.

Good work Dan. Man that E721 is hot. Those sounded really good too.

Great work Dan. Seemed like both performed well for you, even if the shaft wasnt a great fit. I liked the sound overall from both, based on the video. Initially I am drawn to the C, but the ball speed on the E is intriguing. For me though, I choose irons based in dispersion.

Loved the sound on both! Cant wait to take them for a test drive!

This is one I’ve been looking forward to seeing. As member of TEEm Tour Edge 2021 you start to dream about what might be included. Of course I was drawn to the 721 iron line. Have been contemplating which I would choose given the chance. The E721 is interesting as it is a little different than what I would choose to play. I would think that the C721 would compare to the Forge Tec that I play or the P790 profiles. Look forward to more people getting these in their hands and hearing their opinions. @Canadan how does the C721 stack up to the other clubs in the players distance catagory. To me that is where they would fall. Where would you categorize the E721 line.

Last edited:
Wow!😳 High performance right there! Very impressive.

During the testing, you get a chance to hear the sound of a lot of irons. Some hollow body designs offer a pretty unique profile in that regard. The Exotics line really delivered in this area. I was impressed.

Great vid @Canadan. Impressed by what was shown. Hopefully we'll have a chance to test those out as well.

Well done sir @Canadan. Do you ever miss the line? Just curious :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though those irons sound great for that profile and you showed how well they can perform.

Seems to be a very forgiving set here with toe shots not losing too much on the swing. The E was a rocket! Ball speed for days! Awesome segment.

Really was looking for a close up view of these being hit as I have been perusing the TE website A LOT lately. Seeing your shots and commentary along with the numbers is just what i wanted to see. I am really jonesing for the C721 Irons and really liked the feed back from the video. Even seeing the Toe sot come up not much differently than the other two was eye opening. Thanks for the video on these.

Does it take a great ball striker to play the C721? Seems like forgiveness is plentiful. Major deciding factor for people when choosing between the two?

Does it take a great ball striker to play the C721? Seems like forgiveness is plentiful. Major deciding factor for people when choosing between the two?

I dont think so honestly. Pretty forgiving package overall.

#5 swing...mishit that one... wow, wish I had your mishits @Canadan :)
Good video. Can you comment on the offset of both heads?
Minimal, normal, heavy offset?
Also any chance you could post a pic of the soles side by side?

#5 swing...mishit that one... wow, wish I had your mishits @Canadan :)
Good video. Can you comment on the offset of both heads?
Minimal, normal, heavy offset?
Also any chance you could post a pic of the soles side by side?
I'm sure @JB could help with the side by side.

Offset is pretty much what you'd expect. Some on the C, more on the E. I usually don't talk a lot about it because of all things that would impact me visually from a club perspective, unless the offset is zero or a million, I don't genuinely notice it.

Looks like Tour Edge is stepping up their iron game in a big way. Well done Mr Glod & Company.

I'm sure @JB could help with the side by side.

Offset is pretty much what you'd expect. Some on the C, more on the E. I usually don't talk a lot about it because of all things that would impact me visually from a club perspective, unless the offset is zero or a million, I don't genuinely notice it.

There is actually a slide in the video that shows it a bit. The E has a bit more than the C, which to me seems in line with most in the class.

27.5 degree loft on the E721 7 iron. At least they don't hide it by calling it POWER LOFTED.

The E721 would almost assuredly be the choice for me, and I think they look great. If I wasn’t already awaiting the arrival of new irons I’d be trying them out for sure.

After watching the video again, and doing some pondering, I still think the C would be my choice. But then again, my game is hitting a ball straight to a number, not much working it right to left. Would the E be of more benefit, even though it's outside of what I would typically look at? Interesting to get outside the box from time to time, and think about it.

After watching the video again, and doing some pondering, I still think the C would be my choice. But then again, my game is hitting a ball straight to a number, not much working it right to left. Would the E be of more benefit, even though it's outside of what I would typically look at? Interesting to get outside the box from time to time, and think about it.

@Canadan can probably speak to this more than me, but I don't think so necessarily. Both can be played to just hit it and go get it, rather than flighting and moving the ball side to side. The C 721 is not a high spin iron designed for that.

the e sounded amazing on the video

I think both irons support a straight line swing attempt, I just seem to enjoy trying to curl one if I've already hit two good shots in a video.

Back