TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

It doesn't go through the turf as well as say the Mashie or a Baffler which has a rail system. The R11 is more like a wood in this sense vs. a hybrid.

I get you. I guess, I have a shallower swing with my hybrids. I have never really taken divots with my hybrids like I do with my 6 or 7 iron. I might take a little piece or turf with it, but never divot. So, I haven't really noticed an issue I guess.

I think it works a little better in the rough than the other hybrids I listed because of the heavier club head, etc. I think if you're a picker or sweeper then this will be great off the fairway but if you're a digger then there may be some issues. I know I'm typically a sweeper or picker but with my hybrids I tend to come in a little steeper which is when I started to notice this difference a bit
But it still works ok through the rough? I'd think fairway lies would be easier and you'd struggle in the rough.

BluGold- I'm not having a problem holding the greens, but in order to avoid this club getting lost left I feel I really have to try and fade it. This combined with the fact it seems to work with more of a sweeping swing really throws me off. Most the time if I'm hitting this club into a green from the fairway the green is going to be well protected with bunkers and hazards, because of the distance, so I really don't want to have to factor in avoiding going left, avoiding hitting down on the ball to much, etc. it gives me paralysis by analysis.

Biggsy- When adding loft it closes the clubface and I have a problem losing this club to the left so that wouldn't work for me. The distance problem isn't a bad problem, it's just something you should know before buying one in order to make sure it's going to fill the right gap for you.

I think it works a little better in the rough than the other hybrids I listed because of the heavier club head, etc. I think if you're a picker or sweeper then this will be great off the fairway but if you're a digger then there may be some issues. I know I'm typically a sweeper or picker but with my hybrids I tend to come in a little steeper which is when I started to notice this difference a bit
Thanks hanks, appreciate the feedback.

Biggsy- When adding loft it closes the clubface and I have a problem losing this club to the left so that wouldn't work for me. The distance problem isn't a bad problem, it's just something you should know before buying one in order to make sure it's going to fill the right gap for you.
I noticed on the TM's site the adjustability of the club isn't as versatile as the R11, so I can see what you are talking about. Thanks for the response.

I agree this club feels beefier than most and can cut through the rough well. It also might have something to do with the fact I'm able to hit down a little bit more when it's fluffed up in the rough compared to a tight lie.

I gotcha. I'm more of a sweeper/picker with the long irons/hybrids. So it really suits my swing. I can see why it wouldn't do well for a digger.

BluGold- I'm not having a problem holding the greens, but in order to avoid this club getting lost left I feel I really have to try and fade it. This combined with the fact it seems to work with more of a sweeping swing really throws me off. Most the time if I'm hitting this club into a green from the fairway the green is going to be well protected with bunkers and hazards, because of the distance, so I really don't want to have to factor in avoiding going left, avoiding hitting down on the ball to much, etc. it gives me paralysis by analysis.

The clubhead weight may make it easier to turn over. I have to be mindful of going left with it to. But because my swing tends to move this club left, I factor it in. I have never been able to hit a standard 3-iron because I am more of a sweeper with the long irons, so like I said above, I really like this club.

I didn't get the opportunity to get out to the range last night unfortunately but I did have just few minutes to kill before I picked AG up from work so I stopped at Golf Town and hit the Rescue 3 hybrid (18*). I wasn't seeing the distance I was expecting out of the stronger lofted club compard to my 21*. My biggest problem was hitting the deck first which killed impact on the ball. Accuracy wasn't too bad, but it was going left and right. Average about 5-10 yards left and right of center. Feel was still really nice and it makes sound at impact. Had a few bad mishits too that left the hands a little tingly. Not as bad as my hossel rocket the other day, but you could definitely feel it in the hands. Overall, I'm still quite impressed.

I have a few meetings after work for the next couple days (last minute wedding stuff) but I should be out at the range again later in the week, weekend for sure.

Well guys i played 9 today but didnt have a chance to hit the hybrid at all, my round today just didnt call for it, im gonna get back out there tomorrow so i will report back, this is the first time all year i havent hit it during a round.

I get disappointed when I don't have a shot for the 5h. I almost fear like I have to force it. I have a worry that I will use it one da, even if it isn't the right club for the shot.

I get disappointed when I don't have a shot for the 5h. I almost fear like I have to force it. I have a worry that I will use it one da, even if it isn't the right club for the shot.

haha i know, i wanted to hit it so bad but it never called for it, i thought about hitting a couple times just to hit it but didnt wanna take a chance of a bad shot since it was the wrong club for the shot

I played a round yesterday, sorry for a late update.

5th hole about 233 to centre (according to golflogix :) mis hit top into the water 30 yards up. That was the last time I pulled it out till the back nine. I got to flex this clubs wings. It must have felt bad for my lost I(z) and let poke one to the fringe on 12. I thought ok your getting cleaned tonight. So I am at 15 and have a 30 yard chip to the pin, roll itnto about 4 feet, it has become my chipper! 17 I got into trouble, blast one out and fly the green. Don't even care about that ball. I am lovin this club, she's dialed in. 17 is a par 3 195. I say what the heck, fly one up to 6 feet of the pin. I just knew I got a great easy swing in there. Satisfaction achieved.

Sorry bout the length, I just want to convey how my frustration with my game was changed. It's my go to club right now.

Alright guys i got 9 in after work today and my driver YIPS are gone and i played pretty well, shot a 39 on the back which is the longer/harder 9, only missed 2 fairways as well. I got to hit the Rescue11 2 times today and both shots ended up just how i wanted them to.

Shot 1- Hole 10 used it off the tee and had about 215 to the dogleg and put my tee shot in perfect position in the middle of the fairway right at the dogleg, pared that hole

Shot 2- This was one of the fairways i missed so i was in the right rough behind a tree with 225 left to the green, i had to get the ball up quick to get over this tree and i did just that, i hit a perfect shot that was very high and landed on the front fringe, i had a little breeze helping me so i think that helped get it there as well, probably around 5mph. Also pared this hole

Again everytime i go out the Rescue11 performs great and is one of the clubs in my bag that i can go to when im not playing well to boost my confidence, its that good.

Good stuff 10....it's good to know that you've got a club in your bag you have no problem pulling to make a shot isn't it?
Alright guys i got 9 in after work today and my driver YIPS are gone and i played pretty well, shot a 39 on the back which is the longer/harder 9, only missed 2 fairways as well. I got to hit the Rescue11 2 times today and both shots ended up just how i wanted them to.

Shot 1- Hole 10 used it off the tee and had about 215 to the dogleg and put my tee shot in perfect position in the middle of the fairway right at the dogleg, pared that hole

Shot 2- This was one of the fairways i missed so i was in the right rough behind a tree with 225 left to the green, i had to get the ball up quick to get over this tree and i did just that, i hit a perfect shot that was very high and landed on the front fringe, i had a little breeze helping me so i think that helped get it there as well, probably around 5mph. Also pared this hole

Again everytime i go out the Rescue11 performs great and is one of the clubs in my bag that i can go to when im not playing well to boost my confidence, its that good.

Good stuff 10....it's good to know that you've got a club in your bag you have no problem pulling to make a shot isn't it?

Thanks Hanks, Yes it is, its a great feeling

Great round with some great shots 10Y.

Great round with some great shots 10Y.

Thanks 9, it felt great playing decent again lol, gonna try and get back out there today after work.

Thanks 9, it felt great playing decent again lol, gonna try and get back out there today after work.

It always does. I'm gonna try really hard to get out to the range tonight or tomorrow night so I can start to figure somethings out. Hopefully no more hossel rockets for me!

It always does. I'm gonna try really hard to get out to the range tonight or tomorrow night so I can start to figure somethings out. Hopefully no more hossel rockets for me!

Well i went out when i got off work and was only able to get 3 holes in before i had to quit so i didnt have a chance to hit the Rescue11, freaking high school team and their shotgun start, so aggravating, they are out there every darn day and im tired of my UNLIMITED PASS not actually being unlimited.

I got to hit the rescue twice during league last night. I was playing terrible, then finally on hole four I pulled out the rescue from about 210 out and put it next to the green, it was the best shot I had till then. Once I hit it, my confidence was back and then I started actually hitting the ball. But not scoring. The second time I got to use it, my tee shot got away from me on hole 9. I was about 200 out with a tree right in front of me, I tried to kind of fade it around the tree and went right thru it. Ball still went where I was aiming, thank goodness the tree didn't kick it out sideways. Anyways, it took a little heat off of it, so I was about 10 yrds short of the green but was still a good shot thru the tree. I'm still loving this club. Man I want the R11 driver, but now I have to wait. Stupid B & E'ers.

Played 18 today and shot 39/36. Hit 9 tee shots with the Rescue 11 today and all were solid. I've started to try and finish with my hands out in front of me, more like Luke Donald, than I was before with my club behind my head and it's really working well. This club is awesome off the tee for sure. I just treat it like a 5 wood now. The sound/feel of this club when hitting the ball is great. It feels to me as if the ball is just trampolining off the clubface, similar to a wood, compared to say my A7s which are more of a solid muted feel. I'm starting to consider getting a 16* Rescue 11 and opening it to deloft it to a 15* and use it as my 3 wood honestly. I still don't like it from the fairway though. I just don't like the turf interaction I get if I use the swing I would like to use with it. This is just personal preference though. I would still recommend everyone looking for a hybrid try this club out before you buy anything else, because if you're more of a sweeper/picker the fairway problem probably wouldn't come up. Just make sure you hit it off some real grass. It surprises me that this club works so well for me around the green. Like I mentioned earlier the face seems so hot to me I would think some little bumps would come out hotter than others, but I haven't seen any of that. Any questions please fire away and I'll answer them the best I can.

Played 18 today and shot 39/36. Hit 9 tee shots with the Rescue 11 today and all were solid. I've started to try and finish with my hands out in front of me, more like Luke Donald, than I was before with my club behind my head and it's really working well. This club is awesome off the tee for sure. I just treat it like a 5 wood now. The sound/feel of this club when hitting the ball is great. It feels to me as if the ball is just trampolining off the clubface, similar to a wood, compared to say my A7s which are more of a solid muted feel. I'm starting to consider getting a 16* Rescue 11 and opening it to deloft it to a 15* and use it as my 3 wood honestly. I still don't like it from the fairway though. I just don't like the turf interaction I get if I use the swing I would like to use with it. This is just personal preference though. I would still recommend everyone looking for a hybrid try this club out before you buy anything else, because if you're more of a sweeper/picker the fairway problem probably wouldn't come up. Just make sure you hit it off some real grass. It surprises me that this club works so well for me around the green. Like I mentioned earlier the face seems so hot to me I would think some little bumps would come out hotter than others, but I haven't seen any of that. Any questions please fire away and I'll answer them the best I can.

Nice round F2G, see for me i love it out of the fairway, love the way it goes through the turf

This hybrid is getting close to a fairway wood head size, which doesn't suit my eye. But the white crown is really growing on me. But is adjustability really useful on hybrids?

This hybrid is getting close to a fairway wood head size, which doesn't suit my eye. But the white crown is really growing on me. But is adjustability really useful on hybrids?

I think the adjustability is very nice to have on the hybrid.

its just as useful on the hybrid as it is anything else, the head is no where near the size of a fairway wood

Back