Graphite Design Tour AD Iron Shafts

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Last month we took a detailed look at the Graphite Design Tour AD shafts and tested eight different driver shafts and compared them to each other. Once that came out, we received a lot of requests for more information on the Tour AD iron shafts, so here is a new episode of TESTED! Where we put the gear to the test and show the swings and data and then break it down for you.

In this episode of TESTED! we take a detailed look at the Graphite Design Tour AD 95 iron shafts and show off some swings and breakdown the data, with a little bit of tech talk mixed in.

Do you play graphite iron shafts now? Have you tried out the Graphite Design lineup before? If you like the content above, do not forget to subscribe to THP TV so you never miss a new episode of TESTED! or any of our other videos that come out.

Continue reading...

Really enjoyed this one and enjoyed hitting it as well. Quite stable and firm throughout.

Thanks. Always wanted to hit these, but rarely heard any comments about them.

Looked like that last one got punished a bit, goodness.

What would you compare that shaft to as far as other graphite shafts you may have tried that are in the market?

Great video. Starting to get interested in graphite shafts for the irons but not quite there yet. Starting the thought process though.

Seems very stable but I still have trouble with the cost.

Looked like that last one got punished a bit, goodness.

What would you compare that shaft to as far as other graphite shafts you may have tried that are in the market?

I was thinking a lot about this. Probably Recoil Proto or SteelFiber in terms of overall stability. Although has a different loading feel to me.

Nice swing as always @Canadan. Maybe try and hack it up a little to make those of us not so gifted feel better. Just a thought. Would you say they play true to flex if slightly stiff to flex. I play i95s that are known to play slightly stiffer. I play them in regular. Curios about the ad shaft.

Hitting a 6? I went back a couple times and didnt catch what iron.

Great video Dan. Would love to try these shafts someday.

For me, Graphite Design has always equated to a great feel in how the shaft loads while remaining stable and easy to control. Glad to hear their iron shafts are the same!

Great Video @Canadan ... Very interesting shaft, with the added stability in the handle.

How does this shaft compare to the Recoil 95 Proto?

I also like the fact that you were able to call shots on demand (I’m going to fade it here, now I’m going to draw it in there). When I’m in the tech studio, I just try not to pull it off the screen.

Great Video @Canadan ... Very interesting shaft, with the added stability in the handle.

How does this shaft compare to the Recoil 95 Proto?

I also like the fact that you were able to call shots on demand (I’m going to fade it here, now I’m going to draw it in there). When I’m in the tech studio, I just try not to pull it off the screen.
I'd have to hit them side by side to give a reasonable assessment (although you know I hate comparing products).

If I had to guess, I'd say they would be more like the proto 95's. Surprisingly stable, probably based on the firm handle section.

GD has been in the iron shaft game for a bit. Always wondered about them but they never have seemed to be a huge player especially with the huge growth from UST and kind of Aerotech/Accra/Mitsubishi .

Their price tag is also quite unfortunate haha.

Are there any brands which offer GD Tour AD iron shafts for a custom order ?

Now that we are looking at more exotic shafts, can Accra be soon on the list? I've gamed Mitsubish OT - another stable shaft, Recoil 95, Steelfiber i95 (all very stable and steel-like), Accra i80, and Accra i95 Constant Weight. The Accra seem to have a little more liveliness, which I like.

I know your a high ball hitter @Canadan but is 42yd peak a little high? Distance and everything is there clearly but just curious.

@Canadan - I know you prefer lighter profiles, so if you went with these would you see yourself in the stiff in 95 or 105g or would you consider an X in either? I love that you love the feel of these!

I know your a high ball hitter @Canadan but is 42yd peak a little high? Distance and everything is there clearly but just curious.
Pretty much in line with expectations honestly. My biggest focus on 'what would work' is whether the spin numbers are in line with my needs using that ball, which in this case definitely were - means I can launch it as high as I want without dealing with wind+spin distance burnout.

@Canadan - I know you prefer lighter profiles, so if you went with these would you see yourself in the stiff in 95 or 105g or would you consider an X in either? I love that you love the feel of these!
I'd have to hit the X to know how I feel, because once a profile gets too stiff I tend to over-attack on the downswing to try to introduce more of a bend experience. That in mind, based on the numbers I saw I'm not sure I would see a need to transition out of them.

Also, I think the 105 is more traditionally the weight I'm looking for, but I didn't see any issues at all with the 95 profile. If anything, it was pretty 'selling' to me.

Whats the price on these beauties?

Back