In a thought from this podcast, I just plugged a Ballistic into a driver to take some swings this weekend.

In a thought from this podcast, I just plugged a Ballistic into a driver to take some swings this weekend.
If ya love it, let's make a deal for the Velocity...Ha

If ya love it, let's make a deal for the Velocity...Ha
We don't sell golf equipment, but the Velocity is in stock on their website for those interested. I love mine.

Really enjoyed this one. I tried some of the Kinetixx shafts at Club Champion a year or so ago. Fascinating how they use kevlar and build these shafts. Great concept and they felt very very good in the hands.

I am SO glad you are all enjoying this one. Jason is an incredible source of knowledge.

Also, I may or may not have spent the entire episode thinking quietly to myself,
"You're smart enough to understand it."

I am SO glad you are all enjoying this one. Jason is an incredible source of knowledge.

Also, I may or may not have spent the entire episode thinking quietly to myself,
It was a great episode. He often would use words/terminology which are normal speak to technicians but a tad over the head to most. It seems logical to him but is out there to most of us. But it makes so much sense that with such light weights if more fiber and less resin.....End product should be better. I'm sold. It's just I've turned over most of my set in last year and not positioned to reshaft my entire set....But I will...and soon I hope.

No lie. I went and dug the one I tried for about a minute last year out of the shaft graveyard and have an adapter curing on it now. :oops:

No lie. I went and dug the one I tried for about a minute last year out of the shaft graveyard and have an adapter curing on it now. :oops:

I may or may not have ordered a Launch TP.....

I may or may not have ordered a Launch TP.....

Nice. One of the few I have not tried as of yet.
When you get it, start a thread or drop some feedback in here. I have used the regular Launch quite a bit and enjoy it.

Nice. One of the few I have not tried as of yet.
When you get it, start a thread or drop some feedback in here. I have used the regular Launch quite a bit and enjoy it.
for sure. I have been curious and this one sounds very interesting.. How to the put it. It is demonstrably counter balanced..

Listened this morning. Great stuff as usual.
I've been curious about these guys because I've seen some stuff around the forums here and there.

Headed to their website now (y)

Listened this morning. Great stuff as usual.
I've been curious about these guys because I've seen some stuff around the forums here and there.

Headed to their website now (y)

We have a few videos from the tech studio on a couple of the shafts as well. Including Velocity and Ballistic iron shafts.

The thing about Kinetxx is their products are hard for me to understand.. Their is a ton of numbers on their website some of which I understand. Others not so much. If I was able to digest their info better and understand their products better I would probably own some of them. I just dont really understand them very well so I dont.

I can tell they are highly technical and have a ton of R&D in their shafts. Their installation guide is interesting as well.. Very straight forward do's and do nots while building with their products.

As I tuned in, this was my exact sentiment after going to their website. If I wanted to try their shafts, I can’t even figure out where to start.

As I tuned in, this was my exact sentiment after going to their website. If I wanted to try their shafts, I can’t even figure out where to start.
Never hesitate to ask. (y)

Great podcast @Canadan. Had never hear of Patterson shafts prior to the podcast. Guess I have been living under a rock.

Catching up.

Super interesting and definitely not the average person in the golf world. Very cool to get a glimpse into his thought process on not only golf shafts but all kinds of golf stuff.

Dude was bringing some heat on the whole golf shaft industry, ha, love it.

We don't sell golf equipment, but the Velocity is in stock on their website for those interested. I love mine.
I have 4 Velocity shafts and get chills when I hit them. It’s the first shaft where I really feel how it loads and releases. Usually for me anything that stuff I can’t feel. This thing is like a whip.

I stuck a standard length shaft in my driver head instead of an LD shaft due to their suggestions going back and forth one email.

So, something that Jason stated during this podcast has had me searching for a few days to try and confirm it. It seems there may be some merit to it. Which is pretty annoying to me..

So, something that Jason stated during this podcast has had me searching for a few days to try and confirm it. It seems there may be some merit to it. Which is pretty annoying to me..

Which part?

Finally got to listen to this one while on the tractor snow blowing, @Canadan u have nothing to complain about living in Ohio! That was another beauty episode and I agree with some of the comments how irritating it is to hear that other shaft companies re-paint old shafts and brand them as new

He mentioned repainting and rereleasing old shafts as new..

Its happened. While I don't think it is incredibly widespread, I can think of one that I know did it with TaylorMade a few years ago that blew my mind on standard shafts.

Got this in today. Paderson kinetixx launch TP in D40 (x flex) flex. Was only able to get a few swing it.

so far the best word to describe it is.. interesting.. more to come once I can get warm and not be too gym sore..

B425FE31-8C5F-417E-A998-74CABD09385D.jpeg

Back