Graphite Design Tour AD Iron Shafts

I'd have to hit the X to know how I feel, because once a profile gets too stiff I tend to over-attack on the downswing to try to introduce more of a bend experience. That in mind, based on the numbers I saw I'm not sure I would see a need to transition out of them.

Also, I think the 105 is more traditionally the weight I'm looking for, but I didn't see any issues at all with the 95 profile. If anything, it was pretty 'selling' to me.
That last swing where you hit the trap draw sold me on how stable it was

Whats the price on these beauties?
This is from their website. If this is accurate, then wow the 105 and 115 must have gold/platinum weave in the fibers.

1616604474910.png

That last swing where you hit the trap draw sold me on how stable it was
I'm glad those swings are helpful for people. Going after it a bit and turning it over USUALLY does a nice job of showing what a setup is ready to tolerate.

We will have a bit more coming on this line soon

Those prices! 😱 Yikes!

that was some serious peak height for that little spin. bombs, but still very stable and consistent. that price though, YIKES

Great video. That profile is really interesting to me... and I also appreciated the stability comments considering your move @Canadan.

I’ve got Graphite Design in both my 3W and 5W right now and previously had one in my driver. Nice to see that they’ve now got an iron shaft offering as well!

Nunchuk Xi so much more consistently straighter and longer
than Recoil Proto or SteelFiber

Nunchuk Xi so much more consistently straighter and longer
than Recoil Proto or SteelFiber
My favorite kind of spam, the kind that doesnt even fit in the thread.:)

These are my biggest intrigue right now but for some reason the 115x are $280/shaft!

Im very happy with my LAGP L-Series shafts but I really want to try these out

Anybody here every play these in a full set of irons?

I am kind of surprised that discussion on this shaft has been so sparse. I am presuming that it is due to price. I hit the 85 stiff for the first time today in a 6 iron. The shaft felt very stable, as stable as a SteelFiber. At the same time, the shaft retained that smooth feel for which Graphite Design is so well know. I will be looking forward to becoming very acquainted with the shaft, as I will have it in a full set of irons that are coming.

Has to be a combination of price and availability outside Japan. I've seen the odd interesting set on Yahoo Auction, but never pulled the trigger.

I am kind of surprised that discussion on this shaft has been so sparse. I am presuming that it is due to price. I hit the 85 stiff for the first time today in a 6 iron. The shaft felt very stable, as stable as a SteelFiber. At the same time, the shaft retained that smooth feel for which Graphite Design is so well know. I will be looking forward to becoming very acquainted with the shaft, as I will have it in a full set of irons that are coming.
Very nice! Always enjoy your in-depth thoughts and comparisons. When do they get delivered? Were you fit for them?

Very nice! Always enjoy your in-depth thoughts and comparisons. When do they get delivered? Were you fit for them?
I ordered a set of the new Titleist irons with them. It’s a combo set, the 5 and 6 irons being T200s and the 7 through pw being T150s. The T150 heads are already backordered, but the T200 heads arrived. That is the 6 iron I hit. I will put the 5 and 6 irons in play in place of my old T200s and keep playing my T100S irons until the T150s arrive (I ultimately settled back into my 2 year old Titleist irons for the year and was hitting them so well, I decided to upgrade to the new release).

I was not fit for them. I could not find anybody who had them in a fitting cart (I didn’t set up an appointment with Club Champion.). My local retailer has a 90 day playability guarantee. I talked to them about it before ordering, because it is so much money to spend on a shaft and they said that they were on board with me ordering them and then taking them back if I don’t like them. That gave me the green light. However, having hit the 6 iron yesterday, I can’t imagine that I won’t love them.

These shafts are still my biggest intrigue and I love the white/black colorway but I cant justify the $285/shaft on them. I dont understand why the lighter weights are $100 and the 115g are $285

These shafts are still my biggest intrigue and I love the white/black colorway but I cant justify the $285/shaft on them. I dont understand why the lighter weights are $100 and the 115g are $285
I kept thinking that it is a typo. Have you reached out directly to confirm? It makes no sense to me as to why there would be such a price difference. I can’t see anybody paying almost $300 per shaft for iron shafts. That is getting into premium driver shaft territory.

I kept thinking that it is a typo. Have you reached out directly to confirm? It makes no sense to me as to why there would be such a price difference. I can’t see anybody paying almost $300 per shaft for iron shafts. That is getting into premium driver shaft territory.
Yea ive talked to both FairwayJockey.com and Will Peoples. No real answer to why other than thats what they charge

That's the japanese golf market for you. Gets very expensive very quickly. Companies like Crazy, Waccine or Basileus make iron shafts that are even more expensive at almost 400 usd per stick.

This shaft feels more stout than I was expecting. I have the stiff flex and it feels very bit as stout as a SteelFiber in stiff.

@Tenputt I like your style! You make the rest of us club and shaft ho‘s feel right at home.

I’ve tinkered a bunch with a variety of Graphite Design shafts over the last year but haven‘t had the chance to try the iron shafts yet.

It seems like you and I have similar preferences in equipment. Look forward to one day getting to play some golf with you and comparing notes on shafts and clubs.

@Tenputt I like your style! You make the rest of us club and shaft ho‘s feel right at home.

I’ve tinkered a bunch with a variety of Graphite Design shafts over the last year but haven‘t had the chance to try the iron shafts yet.

It seems like you and I have similar preferences in equipment. Look forward to one day getting to play some golf with you and comparing notes on shafts and clubs.
I have always enjoyed Graphite Design shafts. They seem to fit me well, which is why I took a flyer n the iron shafts.

This shaft feels more stout than I was expecting. I have the stiff flex and it feels very bit as stout as a SteelFiber in stiff.
That's interesting. Not lacking feel though?

Back