Callaway X Forged CB Irons Review

I would echo some of what Dan said. They're both great, so it's going to be personal preference and a little bit of ability, maybe. The Pros are more forgiving imo. I like the sound and feel of the X Forged better, but the feel of the Pros is pretty addicting/satisfying for most people. I hear and feel them in a way most don't seem to care about. Not bad, but definitely there. Distance is going to depend on your swing dynamics and what you need in a head to get the most out of the ball for you. The xfcb can be even lower spinning and longer than the Pros, but if you need the get up^ to get the most out of a your flight the Pros would probably be longer for you. I've mostly enjoyed playing them both.
I will echo you as well.

for a hollow body iron the apex pros are the best out there in terms of feel and sound. But, they are still not a one piece forged club. That is where the x forged steps to the lead in my opinion.

I hit the side by side with the same shaft and I got better numbers over all with the x forged. It was kinda surprising. I didn’t think I would. My friend stepped in and the pros were better for him by far. Why? Not exactly sure. Probably comes down to impact and dynamics..

Doesn't sound that silly. I combo'd the XFCB a couple different ways. Across models, across brands, etc. I really liked playing the XFCB longs with P7MC shorts a couple times. And the Apex Pro long irons are really good. I plan to use the 4i with my TCB's 5-A. Whatever works best for you is smart, not silly.

It could be a shaft thing, PX steel and elevates are opposite ends of the spectrum. I think my Apex Pros spin too much at the short end. I’m seeing it in the wind or if I try and step on it a little. Where the XForged I see a little flatter flight still with all the stopping power I need.

Another sim round today with the 4-pw, I love these irons. They feel great and my accuracy has been excellent. I hope what seeing on the sim translates to the course in a month or so

It might be fun to order a 7i just to see how it compares to the apex pro. 🤔

Another sim round today with the 4-pw, I love these irons. They feel great and my accuracy has been excellent. I hope what seeing on the sim translates to the course in a month or so
I am so pumped they are working out for you, buddy.

Reactions: MH
If I keep playing as well with these as I have the last four or five rounds the new Apex 21 Pros won't even get a chance to make it out (once they arrive). Such pure feeling off the club face.

Saw a good number of these clubs at the Masters - more than the Apex Pros that's for sure. Still not to my eye, but they sure perform.

Saw a good number of these clubs at the Masters - more than the Apex Pros that's for sure. Still not to my eye, but they sure perform.
The sets you were seeing at the Masters (Rahm & Schauffele) are the X-Forged TCBs they are a little different from the model available here in the states and the ones that I swing on the weekend.

Only one round with mine but loved them with the px I/o 6.0’s. I felt very comfortable with them and even the 4 iron was easy to hit. Looking forward to a good year this year

Only one round with mine but loved them with the px I/o 6.0’s. I felt very comfortable with them and even the 4 iron was easy to hit. Looking forward to a good year this year
Glad you had a good first round with them! Nice to know there's another set of IO's out in the wild, too! I never see them.

With my TCB's supposedly inbound, again, I've thought about throwing a CB 4 & 5 in with the Apex MB again for a round or two to remember and better understand the difference.

Last edited:
Glad you had a good first round with them! Nice to know there's another set of IO's out in the wild, too! I never see them.

With my TCB's supposedly inbound, again, I've thought about throwing a CB 4 & 5 in with the Apex MB again for a round or two to remember and better understand the difference.
Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the tcb’s

Really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the tcb’s
Can feel myself losing the good groove I've been in a little, so it might take a couple outings to run through them well and get a real feel for them. I'll try to take some pictures right when they show up though. CB next to Apex Pro next to TCB next to MB. Get the whole line up in there for comparison.

So ya, they still feel better than the Apex Pros. And no subtle clackety clack. TCB's with same but less look and similar feel are supposed to arrive Friday. Yes, please.

I know they are different beasts but the XF utility and how much I love it has renewed my interest in these irons. might buy one just to see how they compare to the Apex 21 pros for me.

Another round today and these irons continue to impress me. I don’t even notice the offset anymore and my ball flight is dead straight. I’m not sure if it’s the shaft or not but the last time I had a ball flight that resembled what I’m seeing now was with the regular px 6.0’s. The I/O’s are a great fit for my swing. Super happy with this purchase

My Callaway Epic Max LS I purchased from @MH arrived yesterday, went on our first date yesterday and we hit it off 😉. Looking forward to our next date ❤.

Edit: Boy, I posted in the wrong thread, thought it was “What golf stuff did I buy today”. Sorry.

Last edited:
I can't believe this thread has been dead since April. I still have a soft spot for those X Forged CB. @KEV the setup looks fantastic have fun.

Reactions: KEV
Reactions: KEV
Have you had a chance to swing them yet? Curious what you think on those shafts.
I have not. They just showed up to my house and half hour ago. I'm going to get to the simulator sometime next week to see what I think of the Catalyst 100 in them. I may end up swapping out the Elevates I have in my New Levels if I don't like them.

I have not. They just showed up to my house and half hour ago. I'm going to get to the simulator sometime next week to see what I think of the Catalyst 100 in them. I may end up swapping out the Elevates I have in my New Levels if I don't like them.
How about a comparison between the Apex Pro and X Forged from address? 4-6 Apex, 7-P in X forged?

Back