Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got shot 1 of Pfizer yesterday - only side effect was a headache about 30 min. after which went away with some advil...

Got shot 1 of Pfizer on Wednesday - Sore Arm only.

got the J&J/Janssen vaccine on friday at noon. nothing major to report - just feels like someone has been punching my shoulder for the past day.

my shoulder is still store this morning - not worse than the weekend but not better.

also, spiked a fever (101.2F) yesterday afternoon accompanied by chills and fatigue. not much better this morning but i'm doing my best to stay hydrated to help with the fever.

So had my first vaccination today. I am post vaccination of about 7 hours. Received the Moderna one. Starting to feel tired/fatigued and a small headache and arm is a little sore. I did take Tylenol right after I got the shot as well. Second dose scheduled for April 15th.
So update to this. I woke up Friday morning a little groggy or foggy and felt that way most of the day, and a very minor headache, but that all went away late afternoon on Friday and have felt fine since.

Got my first Pfizer shot today. Nothing of note. I would hesitate to call it a sore arm at this point but it feels no different than any other flu or tetanus shot I've ever had in my life. 2nd shot is in exactly 3 week on 4/12.

Got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer. Nothing to report as of now. I had an odd headache within 30-60 minutes of the 1st one that lasted the rest of the day, but nothing from 2nd so far.

Got my 2nd dose of the Pfizer. Nothing to report as of now. I had an odd headache within 30-60 minutes of the 1st one that lasted the rest of the day, but nothing from 2nd so far.

You may not feel it for a day or so.

Got my J&J nine days ago and had nothing more than some mild fatigue. Tennessee announced today that they should be opening eligibility to all adults by April 5th, so that is great as long as people are willing to get it.

After moderna first shot, I only had a headache and some dizziness the day after. My arm is pretty sore, but glad I got it done. My second appt is 4/17

Got shot 1 of Pfizer yesterday - only side effect was a headache about 30 min. after which went away with some advil...

You know what? This reminded me. I haven't had a headache in ages! There was a time in my life when I got them all the time, but I seem to have simply "grown out" of it. I don't know why, and I don't really care, as long as they stay away from me.

You know what? This reminded me. I haven't had a headache in ages! There was a time in my life when I got them all the time, but I seem to have simply "grown out" of it. I don't know why, and I don't really care, as long as they stay away from me.
I rarely get them as well. I think it's cause of the amount of water I drink (at least 70 oz. A day)... I'll occasionally get a sinus headache but thats it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I was given the J&J vaccine yesterday morning. Had some arm and back stiffness last night and a little today. Also, had a pretty good case of cold sweats last night while sleeping. Not much other than that.

I got shot 1 on Monday. Other than my 8yo banging his head on the injection site while snuggling with me this morning, no negative affects.

1st dose / Pfizer
Didn’t feel a thing yesterday but the morning after I have the slightest tenderness at the injection sites. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being severe this is a 1. I’ve definitely had worse side effects from flu shots.

1st shot Moderna yesterday. Went golfing immediately after. Was a little light headed a few hours after golf and also had a mild headache a few hours after, but both went away after a couple hours. Have a sore arm today, but not too bad.

I had a visit with my rheumatologist today on a normal scheduled appointment and she recommended that I skip my dose of methotrexate for my 2nd shot to help the vaccine be more effective. If anyone else has RA, you might want to consult with your doctor if they recommend any treatment changes around the vaccine. the American School of Rheumatology recommends skipping methotrexate for a week after your each dose so that might be an option as long as your doctor agrees it is right for you.

Last edited:
First shot scheduled for next Monday. Will report back!

Just got my JNJ vaccine. A little arm soreness, but we'll see overnight. Good news is Covid is now behind me and the government can keep track of me with that chip they installed ;)

I had a visit with my rheumatologist today on a normal scheduled appointment and she recommended that I skip my dose of methotrexate for my 2nd shot to help the vaccine be more effective. If anyone else has RA, you might want to consult with your doctor if they recommend any treatment changes around the vaccine. the American School of Rheumatology recommends skipping methotrexate for a week after your each dose so thay might be an option as long as your doctor agrees it is right for you.
@gmiller598 - don't have RA but PsA. I defered my dose for a week at suggestion of my Doctor.

Had my first moderna shot 2 hours ago. Nothing yet. But from a lot of experiences I’ve heard about, I’m half expecting to feel like I’ve been whacked by a sledgehammer after the second shot.

Literally, just finished typing that, and now I’m noticing I’m starting to get a sore arm LOL.

I got my first dose of Pfizer las week and nothing other than a sore shoulder. Round 2 is in two weeks.

Been 5 min.. so far so good.

My arm is only sore if I roll over on it when I'm trying to sleep. Otherwise, no side effects that I'm aware of.

First dose of Pfizer.

P.S. My seasonal allergies are so awful right now I'm not sure I'd even notice if the vaccine made me feel bad!

Over 24 hours later and arm is still sore from the first moderna shot. About 2 hours ago, started getting aches and chills. Everything I’ve heard says the second shot tends to be worse for side effects, so I guess come April 21st, I’m ****** LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back