Covid vaccine - what were your side effects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 24 hours later and arm is still sore from the first moderna shot. About 2 hours ago, started getting aches and chills. Everything I’ve heard says the second shot tends to be worse for side effects, so I guess come April 21st, I’m ****** LOL.

Depends on how young you are -- I've heard some young's with a strong immune system fight the first one

It's been awhile as I was able to get them in early but with the Pfizer vaccine I had minimal side effects after the first dose. 35 YO male, bit of soreness in my arm the day after but nothing else.

First day after dose number two was awful. Just felt exhausted and a full body ache that I'd typically associate with the flu but I wasn't running a temp. Even for the next day or so after that I had periods of time with the same feeling. Was worth it though.

1st shot of Moderna, arm pain and feeling a little off. 2nd vaccine on Aprils 15th.

I just got my second Moderna vaccine yesterday. Soreness in the deltoid at the injection site is the only side effect for both injections. I am 64 years old and a clinical psychologist in private practice.

It's been a few days since my first dose. I didn't have anything. I felt fine on Tuesday after getting it Monday afternoon.

Over 24 hours later and arm is still sore from the first moderna shot. About 2 hours ago, started getting aches and chills. Everything I’ve heard says the second shot tends to be worse for side effects, so I guess come April 21st, I’m ****** LOL.
The good news is your immune system is kicking into overdrive

First one is scheduled for Monday. Glad this thread is here!

Just got my JNJ vaccine. A little arm soreness, but we'll see overnight. Good news is Covid is now behind me and the government can keep track of me with that chip they installed ;)
48 hours post vaccine I have had no side effects other than some mild arm soreness for about an hour after receiving it.

48 hours post second Moderna dose. Arm hurt like a son of a gun yesterday. Nagging headache most of the afternoon, that could have been from all the fronts moving through.

First and second Pfizer shot, felt like ass next day, but was 100% the following day.

57 and had my first Pfizer yesterday morning, started feeling like absolute crap and went to the hospital and was admitted with a 103° temp and other issues. Spent the night and got home this afternoon feeling worn out but stable. Dr. called this evening and said my blood work came back positive for Covid antibodies, he said at one point I must have had it and was asymptomatic and that was what caused my severe reaction. Now they are wondering about what will happen for my second shot.

Just got my first dose of Moderna. Hoping for no side effects, but I've heard people say the bigger the reaction to the dose, the better it is. Haha I have no idea if that's true.

I had the first shot on Wednesday, moderna, and the only thing I felt was a sore arm, kinda like when I get the flu shot. Other than that, nothing. I’m hoping the second shot is just as easy.

57 and had my first Pfizer yesterday morning, started feeling like absolute crap and went to the hospital and was admitted with a 103° temp and other issues. Spent the night and got home this afternoon feeling worn out but stable. Dr. called this evening and said my blood work came back positive for Covid antibodies, he said at one point I must have had it and was asymptomatic and that was what caused my severe reaction. Now they are wondering about what will happen for my second shot.

You had Covid, the first shot put you in the hospital and you are still getting the second? They wonder?

I got the J&J vaccine yesterday around 5pm. Felt fine until about 2am. Woke up with uncontrollable shivering and couldn’t get warm. Went back to bed until noon today, and just feel like I have the worst hangover I’ve ever had with the addition of chills. I can’t remember the last time I cancelled a tee time because I wasn’t feeling good. Had to cancel my 9am this morning though.

You had Covid, the first shot put you in the hospital and you are still getting the second? They wonder?
I never knew I had had covid, thinking back there was one time late last spring that I felt somewhat crappy but, I just blamed it on my seasonal allergies kicking in. The second shot is something the Dr is going to research and give me a call about, we have 3 weeks before worrying about it. :)

The growing consensus among experts seems to be to stop at one shot. Here is a commentary by Francis Collins, the head of the NIH. It says that they are considering suggesting one shot. https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/...d-19-vaccine-enough-after-covid-19-infection/

I think the consensus is also that sever adverse reactions from one shot shouldn’t happen (that makes intuitive sense to me). So weird that this happened to you.

I had an appointment for my second Pfizer shot next week but public health just cancelled it and gave me a new date in June. With the shortage here, they are stretching out the time between 1st and 2nd to allow more people to get the first shot.

I have my appointment set for Monday afternoon to get the Johnson & Johnson shot. Hopefully I don't get hit with the side effects. It will be nice to not really worry about Covid after that for the most part.

Wife had her first shot yesterday with no side affects. Just a slightly sore arm, but not bad she says.

33, had my first Moderna shot yesterday. Woke up around 3am last night with a fever, chills, and dripping sweat. I also couldn’t get warm. Feeling better now but just feel rundown. I should mention that I did have Covid last October and the doctor said that the vaccine has been hitting people harder that have had Covid so we’ll see how the second shot goes. I’m going to get his opinion before I do that though

Age 61 First shot nothing, 2nd shot scheduled for April 7th... Moderna

I am 67, got Pfizer on Jan. 26 and Feb.16. The first shot pinched when applied, but I had no reaction whatsoever and arm was just slightly tender for a day. Second shot I didn't feel at all when applied, arm was a little tender to touch for a day, no other reaction whatsoever. Mrs SAM is 72, and had similar experience except that on the second one, she was a bit fatigued the day after and developed a mild rash around the shot site, tho it is possible that was a reaction to the latex bandaid.

Just had my second dose of Moderna yesterday. Had the arm pain start sooner than the first, about 4 hrs after the shot. Today the arm is still very tender and my energy level is low. I get fatigued pretty quickly. Have taken Tylenol a couple times but don’t think I’ve had any fever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back