New Family of TaylorMade Spider Putters

Not my cup of tea aesthetically, but I'm actually really interested in the Spider S. I love a soft putter. I'd want to hit the single bend and plumber's neck side by side.

Their insert has historically lagged (no pun intended haha) behind others, it’s always been the only true hiccup imo

I agree. Just something about it that doesn’t feel right/keeps me from really jumping in

The new insert is really intriguing. I was all set on which putter I was going to pick up but may have to wait until I can try these out. I have been using a spider since 2014 so I am a fan.

The only one that sparks any interest is the Hydro Blast.

The others might look better in person but that's TBD.

The SR doesn't look bad, kind of has the "Seven" look/shape.

Anyone know of the neon limey yellow will be avail in limited release again ? Missed out the first time around.

A bit underwhelmed by these. In the past, I have bought new versions of the spider because there was a step forward in tech or shape. I don’t really see either of those things in this release. One is simply a new finish and another isn’t really a spider, at all.

I am definitely feeling the more subtle approach to the colors... And definitely opens the door for them to get real flashy with their custom program.

All told, I think I like the #7 shape the best.

The ex and SR are interesting. Alignment on the EX would be perfect!

That SR model looks really good. It's too bad their inserts have been mediocre, it's kept me from seriously considering their putters over the years.

That SR model looks really good. It's too bad their inserts have been mediocre, it's kept me from seriously considering their putters over the years.
It really surprises me we haven’t seen them come out with some more radically different insert designs by now.

It really surprises me we haven’t seen them come out with some more radically different insert designs by now.
I've thought the same thing. I know a few people that love the shape and look but don't get enjoy the insert. Hopefully they come up with something new at some point.

I've thought the same thing. I know a few people that love the shape and look but don't get enjoy the insert. Hopefully they come up with something new at some point.
Going on what feels like two decades with this one, I sadly doubt it. Especially since the co molded sounds potentially MORE firm.

Reactions: KEV

Years ago they had a pretty awesome putter team. Toulon, Jose, etc. They still have some very smart people designing, but as a person that knows those two guys well, I liked that the push for new was always there.

They found something that works, but I long for some subtle changes. The Hydro Blast looks really good though.

Reactions: KEV
I'll give these a look. I've been a big fan of the spider X putter.

Rolled the EX yesterday. I like it. Good visual presentation with an easy alignment. This one had the slant neck and felt nicely balanced. Ball comes off the face a touch hotter than I expected, but the sound is softer. Good roll. For now I’m still on the ten train, but the EX has me thinking.

I like that finish. Some more good entries to the mallet putter market.

I got a chance to roll the Spider EX yesteday.

The head is big. Quite big. I didn't mind the alignment, a little busy but the two lines are close enough together that visually it just looks like a single stripe.

What I didn't like was the sound from the insert. It didn't feel soft or firm. It just sounded really different. To read that the insert is aluminium is of no surprise, it's really unlike anything else.

Is anyone gaming one of the Spider EX's on tour..?

I’m gonna have to go demo the EX

I'm probably the only THPer that hasn't rolled a Spider. :oops: I'm not sure why but they've never interested me.

I have a few old school putters with the fluted shaft. Maybe I should give the EX a roll and see what all the fuss is about.

Introducing my new Taylormade Spider Tour X Hydro Blast (Custom Weighting / Superstrok Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip):

Attachments

• TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 1.jpg
    TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 28
  • TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 2.jpg
    TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 28
  • TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 3.jpg
    TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 3.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 25
  • TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 4.jpg
    TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 4.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 26
  • TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 5.jpg
    TM SPIDER TOUR X HYDRO BLAST PUTTER 5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 26
I got a chance to roll the Spider EX yesteday.

The head is big. Quite big. I didn't mind the alignment, a little busy but the two lines are close enough together that visually it just looks like a single stripe.

What I didn't like was the sound from the insert. It didn't feel soft or firm. It just sounded really different. To read that the insert is aluminium is of no surprise, it's really unlike anything else.

Is anyone gaming one of the Spider EX's on tour..?
I noticed the head size. It looks good at a distance but it was a little too big once aligned. i didnt care too much for the feel of the face either.

Just ordered a Spider Sr single bend with 5* loft & 20 gram weights . Love me some forward press.
gb

I actually really like the look of the Spider S, the SR insert doesn’t feel great to me though.....

I actually really like the look of the Spider S, the SR insert doesn’t feel great to me though.....

I'm surprised at how little talk there is about that insert. Good, bad, indifferent.

Back