TaylorMade RBZ SpeedLite Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
TaylorMade has a new driver hitting the USGA Conforming list this morning. Early thoughts are that this will be a lower priced offering, hitting big box stores. Obviously the simple black and white sole picture doesn’t offer a ton of insight, but here is the TaylorMade RBZ SpeedLite driver.

Only descriptors are that it features what they call a Speed Pocket and a High MOI Aero design. More will be coming soon, so stay tuned.

Untitled-1-3-1024x692.jpg

document.write("Loading Custom Ratings...");

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
The return of ballz-ier!!!!!!

Woah woah!! This is awesome. The return.

20 yards further... Cant wait to see marketing

Will they loft jack a driver this year?

This is an interesting twist. Can’t say I’m all that interested in hitting it but I’d venture a guess it will sell OK with new golfers.

JB, I think you are spot on! My guess is that this is most definitely a budget offering we will see in places like DSG/Golf Galaxy.

Good on TM for finding a way to get people new and shiny for less than $500 (Speculating obviously)

The SLDR-C of our times.

• Admin
Dicks exclusive release is my guess.

Also.. Nike called and wants their driver back. 😂😂

You know what, this release is genius.

With the lower price point, and I would hope that TM has some inventory available, this could be the perfect "second driver" for those who just got into golf in the last year. Nicer than your boxed set driver, or the 5 year old driver you picked up second hand. Less expensive, and less complicated than the top of the line drivers out right now.

It might not be most THPers cup of tea, but I bet they'll find their way into bags.

With the lower price point, and I would hope that TM has some inventory available, this could be the perfect "second driver" for those who just got into golf in the last year. Nicer than your boxed set driver, or the 5 year old driver you picked up second hand. Less expensive, and less complicated than the top of the line drivers out right now.

It might not be most THPers cup of tea, but I bet they'll find their way into bags.

I have a feeling you are right. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this driver is in a boxed set too.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if this driver is in a boxed set too.
True, true. But a Boxier boxed set!

I may have seen these in a pro shop this past week. Should I not have?

this is nothing new, even the 2nd M2 got a rerelease and RBZ has been available as 2.0 and Black for a few years

My golf league is filled with the Rocket line! Rocketblades irons, woods and usually they are great products for the audience willing to entertain the idea.

Did this happen early because the SIM 2 Line is not taking off?

I remember when the R1 was not selling and by June they had the SLDR lineup up and going, and no one could hit the SLDR unless their speed was over 100. But it did not have a NASCAR crown:ROFLMAO:, so people bought it even if they could not get it anywhere.:mad:

Last edited:
A lower price point driver for the masses?

The return of Rocketballz? interesting.

Did this happen early because the SIM 2 Line is not taking off?

I remember when the R1 was not selling and by June they had the SLDR lineup up and going, and no one could hit the SLDR unless their speed was over 100. But it did not have a NASCAR crown:ROFLMAO:, so people bought it even if they could not get it anywhere.:mad:

Sim2 is doing really well actually.
If my info is correct, this will be part of a boxed set priced at a little more than 1k.

If you say that out loud 3 times, something bad happens to the forum :ROFLMAO:

I have to say, I did wince a bit when I hit that "Post Reply" button.

• Haha
Reactions: JB
It looks like a Dick’s/ Golf Galaxy only Driver. It’s a hard pass for most on the forum, but for the consumer it’s targeting it will sell.

It will sell because of price point not due to a R&D story, if my assumption is correct.

If my info is correct, this will be part of a boxed set priced at a little more than 1k.
A box set makes since too..,

Boxed sets over $1k??

Who is the target market for that?

Boxed sets over $1k??

Who is the target market for that?

Golfers that want everything to match, and something new?
I mean its less than piecing together a full set and while I would advise against it personally, speaking with a few retailers, the Cobra one has done well in the past.
Theirs is normally made up of in line goods however such as F-Max.

Back