I could get on board with the concept for practice but I'm really not loving the two colors they started with.

https://golf.com/gear/golf-balls/srixon-q-star-tour-divide-golf-ball-first-look/

Another article - not sure on this one or not looks like a bizarre range ball but might perform well. Might try a sleeve someday.

I want them. I like the idea of using the line between the colors as a lineup line and making it really obvious whether you're striking your putts square.

I love the idea and I'm surprised it took so long for someone to bring this back. I would absolutely game a ball like this but the colors they went with are a big no go for me. It's cool to see this back though.

I love Srixon balls but this one is a firm no for me.

I love the idea and I'm surprised it took so long for someone to bring this back.

I was too.
When Srixon first brought the yellow ball to a tour level product most comments were similar to these. Now every brand has it and so many enjoy them. While this is certainly a bit different, I have a feeling that this segment will grow as well.

These are officially approved by my kids - showed them these pictures and got a spontaneous request that we get some ASAP

• Haha
Reactions: JB
I just saw the article. Whoa, I can’t wait for these!

I’ve never hit a Srixon ball. Never really even considered trying them so I don’t know anything about their lineup. I take it these are upper mid-range? I’ve never used a matte finish ball because I’ve heard they pick up dirt and mud easier than glossy finish balls do. I’ve never hit a golf ball any color other than white...well except for that one pink Flying Lady I found on course decades ago.

With all those things I’ve never tried as far as golf balls go I have hit a two-colored Ping ball and I think they’re a blast! These will no doubt be softer though haha. For those concerned about having a line on the ball or the two colors being distracting while putting, just turn the ball so the yellow side (or red side) only is facing up.

Yep, I’m excited for these Srixons. Bring on more colors!

Too busy... reason I still have two boxes of brand new Callaway ChromeSoft Truvis from three years ago

I just saw the article. Whoa, I can’t wait for these!

I’ve never hit a Srixon ball. Never really even considered trying them so I don’t know anything about their lineup. I take it these are upper mid-range? I’ve never used a matte finish ball because I’ve heard they pick up dirt and mud easier than glossy finish balls do. I’ve never hit a golf ball any color other than white...well except for that one pink Flying Lady I found on course decades ago.

With all those things I’ve never tried as far as golf balls go I have hit a two-colored Ping ball and I think they’re a blast! These will no doubt be softer though haha. For those concerned about having a line on the ball or the two colors being distracting while putting, just turn the ball so the yellow side (or red side) only is facing up.

Yep, I’m excited for these Srixons. Bring on more colors!

While price is more midrange, these are anything but. 3 piece urethane covered ball.

These may do what I had hoped the TruVis would have done. I plan to give these a tryout for my gamer.

These look crazy. Love it’s in a premium cover to take from practice to the course!

While price is more midrange, these are anything but. 3 piece urethane covered ball.
Ah yes I see that. I judged by price only. I'm currently giving myself a quick crash-course on all things Srixon right now via their website since I know very little about the brand. Seems like the Q-Star Tour almost has more in common with the Z-Star (not the Z-Star XV) than it does the regular Q-Star (as in QST and ZS are both 3 piece urethane balls). Now I'm even more excited for the Divide.

I haven't gamed the QST in awhile. It's a darn good ball. I'll have to pick up a box of these. Per the promo clip, it says that it will come in 3 color ways. Curious what the other 2 will be?
I find it interesting that Srixon chose to use the QST to have this feature.
I imagine that they could have easily gone with the Soft Brite or QS line to bring this out.

Here is a question, is there another Matte Urethane Cover Ball on the market?
I don't think Volvik's Matte Golf Balls are with Urethane.
The W/S Duo Professional is a matte urethane ball. Lower compression than these though.

Im pretty sure I am becoming obsessed with these golf balls.

I haven't gamed the QST in awhile. It's a darn good ball. I'll have to pick up a box of these. Per the promo clip, it says that it will come in 3 color ways. Curious what the other 2 will be?

The W/S Duo Professional is a matte urethane ball. Lower compression than these though.
I'd be curious to know what the others are too. The red and yellow looks quite interesting but I can't help but think about McDonald's with those colors. I'll take a guess that at least one of them involves a lime green. Maybe an orange one too.

Yeah I can't wait for these. After doing research on Srixon's website the Q-Star Tour looks like it'd fit me well as is...the Divide split color is like an added bonus on top!

I can't help but think about McDonald's with those colors.
Yep, same here! I'm hoping to hit an awesome drive with one just so I can make a supersize joke :ROFLMAO:

I'd be curious to know what the others are too. The red and yellow looks quite interesting but I can't help but think about McDonald's with those colors. I'll take a guess that at least one of them involves a lime green. Maybe an orange one too.
Lime green and bright orange would be 🔥.

What makes them so good to your eye? Is it for putting, ore more about just watching the spin? I know the performance is excellent from my prior QST experience.

What makes them so good to your eye? Is it for putting, ore more about just watching the spin? I know the performance is excellent from my prior QST experience.

I like the Q-STAR Tour for its performance. Its a really good offering for the money.
To me its a bit different and I like that. The alignment is fantastic putting. I think alignment can help a lot of golfers be it with the putter or ball. I think the way it spins through the air on short game shots is fantastic, especially on partial chips. You would be amazed at what you find out when you can see the spin direction vs what you think you did.

I will most likely get a box or so for putting and chipping practice. I like the two tone idea for that and I think they are fun. The matte cover has some performance and durability draw backs that annoy me some but for practice that is easily overlooked. Form what I have heard the matte here is done in a bit different fashion than other matte finish balls so that could bridge the performance gap as well. Only time and testing will tell there.

I just realized my dog has a treat ball that is red and yellow and looks exactly like this Srixon.

I've played the QST before and I'm a fan of matte colored balls for visibility. A colored urethane cover is exactly why I've chosen the Vice Pro Soft but I wish it was matte finish. This could easily return back to being the ball I play regularly.

I like the Q-STAR Tour for its performance. Its a really good offering for the money.
To me its a bit different and I like that. The alignment is fantastic putting. I think alignment can help a lot of golfers be it with the putter or ball. I think the way it spins through the air on short game shots is fantastic, especially on partial chips. You would be amazed at what you find out when you can see the spin direction vs what you think you did.
This is exactly why I want to try it. Putting aid as number 1, but short game spin and ball rotation as a close second.

Reactions: JB
Are they the new official ball of the tech studio?

Back