Introducing King Cobra Wedges

I am pretty sure I will be ordering thee but cant figure out which grind. Currently have the Jaws MD5 56S and PM grind in the 60.

IMG_2911.jpegIMG_2909.jpeg
Too shiny to get pictures of

So got to try these this morning on actual grass. I was convincing myself to go with 56 classic and 60 versatile. Although the classic grind wasn’t available to try I was pleasantly surprised with the playability of the 56 versatile. These wedges sit so low to the ground. Love the look at address. The kicker for me was the wide-low in the 60deg. Much better turf interaction for me in the 60 spot when compared to the versatile. Unless I can try a 56 classic, looks like I will go with the 56 versatile and 60 wide low.

108105E8-22FE-422A-A48E-35269D740991.jpeg2CB0BE7B-B051-4746-921D-B21883D64132.jpeg87C60790-0DF7-4BD0-967F-877F7CD185FF.jpegFF1EB63C-35E0-40D9-AE41-9E1B350EE697.jpeg

So got to try these this morning on actual grass. I was convincing myself to go with 56 classic and 60 versatile. Although the classic grind wasn’t available to try I was pleasantly surprised with the playability of the 56 versatile. These wedges sit so low to the ground. Love the look at address. The kicker for me was the wide-low in the 60deg. Much better turf interaction for me in the 60 spot when compared to the versatile. Unless I can try a 56 classic, looks like I will go with the 56 versatile and 60 wide low.

View attachment 8999941View attachment 8999942View attachment 8999943View attachment 8999944
🤤🤤🤤 Monday can’t get here soon enough!

🚨 *** ALERT *** 🚨

Morgan Cup decision made.

:cobra: King Cobra 54-10 V and 58-8 V. With Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge Stiff flex

This has me really intrigued.... My current set of F9 One Lengths goes to SW. But as you know they're distance irons and for partial shots that SW doesn't spin as much, so I haven't been using it. Instead I've been using a MD-4 which I added some length to, but it's real heavy and hard to hit full shots with. I'm redoing my bag for the summer. I could pick up a OL version of this in 56, drop the MD-4. Here's where I'm at.

I'm thinking of carrying D, 3W, 5W, 7W; 5H; 6i - GW... add the 56 Snakebite in the OL. Putter. Now I'm faced with another dilemma. I have 13 clubs. I could drop the LW which quite honestly back in the olden days I learned how to hit those shots with a SW before we had something called a LW, and keep my 4H in the bag or carry my 3-4 Utility Iron. OR pick up the OL 60 degree.

Chris, on James Robinson's Short Game Saturdays says most players should leave the LW in the bag. Crossfield would carry the extra hybrid or UI.

So guys... should I get the OL 56? Drop the LW and carry the UI (for certain tee shots because I can hit it dead straight).

This has me really intrigued.... My current set of F9 One Lengths goes to SW. But as you know they're distance irons and for partial shots that SW doesn't spin as much, so I haven't been using it. Instead I've been using a MD-4 which I added some length to, but it's real heavy and hard to hit full shots with. I'm redoing my bag for the summer. I could pick up a OL version of this in 56, drop the MD-4. Here's where I'm at.

I'm thinking of carrying D, 3W, 5W, 7W; 5H; 6i - GW... add the 56 Snakebite in the OL. Putter. Now I'm faced with another dilemma. I have 13 clubs. I could drop the LW which quite honestly back in the olden days I learned how to hit those shots with a SW before we had something called a LW, and keep my 4H in the bag or carry my 3-4 Utility Iron. OR pick up the OL 60 degree.

Chris, on James Robinson's Short Game Saturdays says most players should leave the LW in the bag. Crossfield would carry the extra hybrid or UI.

So guys... should I get the OL 56? Drop the LW and carry the UI (for certain tee shots because I can hit it dead straight).
Tough call. What’s your gut say?

My gut tells me to carry the utility iron, because on short 300 - 320 yd par 4s, hitting anything longer than 200 yds leaves an odd yardage situation.

My gut tells me to carry the utility iron, because on short 300 - 320 yd par 4s, hitting anything longer than 200 yds leaves an odd yardage situation.
Then I say it’s worth a try. The wedges being a bit longer can add some versatility based on hand placement

View attachment 8999941View attachment 8999942View attachment 8999943View attachment 8999944

man those look great!

Their suggested shaft is kbs hi Rev 2.0 stiff. I usually play standard flex in my irons. Does flex matter much if I just use wedges for partial swings?

If it's better to play regular to match the irons, then what shafts are you guys going with?

CF40F0DD-79D3-4BAA-AE53-6ABE3BCC0E93.jpeg95F6D6D4-5A66-4FA0-A605-90FFB33F66C0.jpeg
🤤 58* Versatile. Word of caution they reflect the sunlight like no other if that bothers you.☀😎

Don't you know you can't post a picture of a wedge with the barcode sticker still on it.
🤣 Had to get it out as soon as I got home, been killing me all day. Next up Kinetixx wedge shaft install!

Thanks for these pictures. They look like fantastic clubs.

pretty impressed with the way they set up behind the ball. Surprises we don’t see their staffers with them in the bag yet
I’m really glad I grabbed one on a flier as no one local had any or planned to. Tried opened shots out of same thickness rough and really enjoyed it. 8* Bounce traveled nicely through the grass and allowed for clean contact. So far really pleased playing around in the yard.

Just got notice my 56* OL in LH is back ordered until 7/25. Ouch. I did see RH VL clubs available at my local PGASS when I was there on Monday, so there might be hope for more “normal” golfers. Lol.

Should finally have time to get my hands on a couple of these in the morning. Been really curious about them. Love all the thoughts and pictures so far guys!

Should finally have time to get my hands on a couple of these in the morning. Been really curious about them. Love all the thoughts and pictures so far guys!
Please let us know! I am trying to figure out my wedges and am at a loss! 🥺

These look absolutely fantastic, I really can't wait to try them. I've gone back and forth through half a dozen combinations in my mind about setups and grinds, and am about there I think. 60 in versatile, and 56 in wide-low. Both stiff hi-rev 2.0 shafts. Set GW as opposed to a 3rd specialty wedge...

🚨 *** ALERT *** 🚨

Morgan Cup decision made.

:cobra: King Cobra 54-10 V and 58-8 V. With Nippon Modus3 125 Wedge Stiff flex
Do you have any experience in the Modus 105?

Do you have any experience in the Modus 105?
I hit the Modus 105 in the irons and I could feel the difference. I could be more aggressive but not as controlled. I swing out of my shoes a lot though. lol

I hit the Modus 105 in the irons and I could feel the difference. I could be more aggressive but not as controlled. I swing out of my shoes a lot though. lol
Never played Nippon but have always wanted to. I am on fence between the 115 and 125. I may go 125 because it matches up a bit better with my s200 weight.

I got to borrow one yesterday, a 60* versatile. It’s the flattest laying wedge I have ever used. Leading edge just lays on the ground perfect for me. These were consistently center contact and felt great. My only complaint is the glare is real on the 60* I will be getting a 58 for my set so hopefully it’s a little better.

Back