Day 48 - Tee Holder re-imagined

Are you focused more on the "social" side of golf? Well, you may not be as excited about having a couple tees on the outside of your bag. Instead, you'll want to have immediate access to the important things...bottle openers, wine stoppers, and drink umbrellas! Lucky for you, the tee-holder works PERFECTLY for this. Stick a small bottle of wine, a couple beers, and some margaritas in the cooler and you're all set!

20210320_211643.jpg

Day 48 - Tee Holder re-imagined

Are you focused more on the "social" side of golf? Well, you may not be as excited about having a couple tees on the outside of your bag. Instead, you'll want to have immediate access to the important things...bottle openers, wine stoppers, and drink umbrellas! Lucky for you, the tee-holder works PERFECTLY for this. Stick a small bottle of wine, a couple beers, and some margaritas in the cooler and you're all set!

View attachment 9000972
Love myself a good Mai Tai! 😎

Day 49 - Golf Glove Holder

I'll be honest... I'm not sure this is an actual feature or not. But there is a little strip of velcro on the bag above the towel holder and it's the only place I can think of to put your golf glove. I'm not saying I need a little picture of a glove on the bag to make it 100% clear, but I'm also not saying it wouldn't have cleared up some anxiety for putting my glove there when it was actually designed for...um... bowling shoes or something.

Anyway, love being able to air out my glove!

20210320_211837.jpg
20210320_211851.jpg

I'll be honest... I'm not sure this is an actual feature or not. But there is a little strip of velcro on the bag above the towel holder and it's the only place I can think of to put your golf glove. I'm not saying I need a little picture of a glove on the bag to make it 100% clear, but I'm also not saying it wouldn't have cleared up some anxiety for putting my glove there when it was actually designed for...um... bowling shoes or something.

View attachment 9001178
View attachment 9001179
Holy crapcrackers! I never noticed that on my Datrek! I just velcro my glove around the d-ring and didn't realize that was Velcro! :oops:

I'll be honest, of all the posts, I wasn't expecting the glove holder would be the one to take off! 😆 Glad to be of service.

Day 52 - An Embarrassing Admission (Grip-Lok)

I took the bag out for another round and really enjoyed it! Used the rotation periodically, sits well on a cart, and the ease of access to the cooler and ball pocket were very appreciated (and used more than I'd like to admit!). However, I have an embarrassing admission...

I've been reviewing this bag for 52 days, and have literally flipped the bag upside down to provide insight into every single feature I could possibly find. One thing I was a bit confused about though was @Davidhibler 's numerous mentions of Grip-Lok. Sure, the original video mentions it, the tag mentions it, and it's mentioned all over the website. But I just thought that the base somehow gripped the clubs a little stronger when you rotated it and that it was a play off the cool Clip-Lok at the top of the bag. Not worth a separate review.

So, fast forward to Monday's round, and I'm trying to put my wedge back in the bag. It's a little crowded since I brought an extra driver to try out, so it got caught a little on another club. I jammed it down a little bit and all the sudden "CLICK!" Wait, what was that? Oh my gosh, you can push the clubs into the bottom and lock it in, even without using the Clip-Lok!?!?!?! Wow...so now the questions about whether it messes with the grips make total sense.

I feel like an idiot for even admitting that I didn't know about one of the biggest features of this bag, but if it can happen to me, perhaps someone else out there is just like me and this will be their AHA! moment too! Now that I know about it and have experienced it, the Grip-Lok is so cool and is a fantastic solution if you don't feel like clipping the clubs into the Clip-Lok every time.

Pictured below is from one of the last moments of my life B.G. (Before Grip-Lok)

20210405_080802.jpg

Day 53 - Towel clip holder

Alright, back to the reviews you all know and love! We're down to the last few features of this bag, but one thing we haven't touched on is the towel clip holder. It's very difficult to review a towel clip holder, as I don't think I've ever thought about its utility for more than about 2 seconds. However, after straining to think about it, there are really 3 things I ask for.

- Does it exist? Check
- Is it high enough on the bag that the towel doesn't drag on the ground? Check
- Is it thin enough that the clip isn't too difficult to snap on and off? Check

And there you have it! Fully functional, room enough for several bag tags, and open enough to accommodate the velcro glove holder just above it.

20210320_211851.jpg
20210320_211856.jpg

Day 55 - Waterproof Claims - pt. 2

I wanted to check out the waterproof claims of the one pocket of this bag (plus see how the rest of the bag fared), so I left it out in the rain for a while. But the combination of a lack of meaningful precipitation and a lack of patience meant it was time to bring out my 5 year old and a hose. Video coming on day 56!

The bag was nearly bone dry after 30 minutes in a light mist, so I had to take things into my own hands...
20210408_191520.jpg

View attachment 9001178
View attachment 9001179
Hey!! Look at that!!😛🤣🤣20210410_102543.jpg

Well, today is day 60 for me using the Revolver XP bag. I've given it a good workout, about 12 rounds plus range sessions - on a cart and a push cart, so I just wanted to give a recap on my experience with it.

This bag has several unique features that you don't see on a lot of bags these days.

The main attraction seems to be the revolving top. I was skeptical about this because I saw it as sort of a gimmick at first, but it quickly became my favorite feature of the bag. It really is useful on the course.

The feature I was most excited about going into this was the clip lok in tandem with the grip lok base. These features can be frustrating when the bag is brand new, because the clip lok has to break in and loosen up, but once they wear in, it works fine. Because these 2 features hold your clubs so securely, the XP makes for a great bag if you are traveling, or if you have a one length set.

I get that the bag may not be for everyone, but it is a decent value for what you get - and pretty damn solid. If you are a cart rider, definitely worth a look.

If anyone has any questions, just let me know.

Day 57 - Waterproof Claims - pt. 4

First, check out the prior post for the video of how we tested out the bag in the "rain" and thanks to my handy sidekick who somehow really seemed to enjoy using a hose in rainy, 50 degree weather. So how did the bag do in the "rain"? Today, we'll look at the waterproof pocket. I decided to put a scorecard and a paper receipt in there so that even the tiniest amount of water would be detected. The pictures give us our answer...

20210408_191129.jpg
20210408_192114.jpg

No moisture at all! The inside of the pocket was completely dry and no signs of distress on either pieces of paper. That's great news and you can feel confident about keeping your wallet in there and handing out dry tips to everyone helping you out during a rainstorm. Just make sure the zipper is closed! If it's not zipped, it doesn't say "Waterproof", which was a genius subtle addition by Bag Boy.

How did the rest of the bag do? Stay tuned tomorrow to find out...

Day 58 - Waterproof Claims - pt. 5

First off, if you haven't seen the video, check it out a few posts back. So, how did the rest of the bag do in the rain? Not too bad. I definitely want to point out that the bag is not advertised as waterproof (only the one pocket is), so this is more of a a fun test to see what happens. We drenched the main, accessible pocket up front, and while there was moisture inside, it's going to take a lot of rain to soak things in there. Check out the straw paper I pulled out of there - not soaked, but half of it is waterlogged...

20210408_192141.jpg
Other pockets were similarly wet. I then took off the cover to see how that held up. Interestingly, there was a small amount of moisture on the top of the rotation piece of the bag. I'm not sure how that got there, but it may have something to do with the angle of spray from the hose...rain typically doesn't fly upwards, so as long as you don't drive through huge puddles, you should be fine there.

20210408_192309.jpg
The strange place I found a little water was on the top of my headcover. It wasn't much, but I can't figure that one out. My guess is that it was touching the outside cover and maybe a little bit soaked through. It's something I'll keep an eye on if I end up playing with it in the rain.

20210408_192300.jpg

I can confirm that grips were dry though, so you should still be good to play! Not that dry grips is a requirement (if you've ever played in the rain with a regular glove, buy some rain gloves...they're life changing!).

So, at the end of the day, the waterproof claims of the pocket hold up, and the rest of the bag performs solidly in the rain as well. Thanks for following along in the waterproofing series! We're in the home-stretch - 2 more days to go!

Day 59 - Final Thoughts

I'm reserving "Day 60" for an index of my daily reviews, so I figured I'd post my final thoughts from my 60-day test period now. That being said, I'm not going anywhere! I'll be back in here from time to time to answer any questions and report in on how the bag's holding up.

Would I recommend this bag?
Yes! If you like cart bags or are interested in trying one out, I would 100% recommend this bag. The "gimmicky" things aren't gimmicky...they're useful! The pockets are well designed and hold everything you could ask for. It functions really well as a golf bag (and is pretty to look at as well!). All in all, I'm pretty sure anyone in the market would be thrilled with this bag.

Will I be using this bag?
Yes, with a caveat. Over 50% of my annual rounds come in small time frames - usually two long weekends a year where we travel, and play 36 a day. The bag's a little bulky to travel with (although it's doable!), and we end up walking a lot of those courses with push carts. On a regular 18 hole day with the right push cart, this thing can be fantastic. But I need the lightest bag possible if we're walking 36 (think Bandon Dunes), so I'll probably be bringing my carry bag on trips with me. On a weekly basis though, where I'm playing 18 w/ a cart, I'll be using this bag. The putter well is addicting and is something I'm really going to miss when I'm stuck with my carry bag. The club separation, lack of rattling clubs, and grip-lok feature (I'm still a little iffy on whether I'll use the clip-lok long term) are fantastic perks of using this bag that I just don't get with my other bag.

Thanks everyone for following along - I hope you had half as much fun reading as I did writing them! Also, congratulations to @time4tim for winning the contest from a few weeks back. And finally, awesome job by @Davidhibler who had some incredible reviews throughout these 60 days...while I was stuck in my basement by mother nature tinkering with my bag, he was out on the course putting it through the ringer and giving people what they really wanted! The "Day 60 Index" might take a couple days to put together, so until then, thanks and hope you enjoyed!

Great indepth review @BoilerCLE ! You and your assistant teamed up and made this one of the most through and entertaining reviews I have ever read! Thank you!:)

Very excited this arrived today. It come with free embroidery and wasn't expecting it until the end of May.

20210517_175549.jpg
20210517_175556.jpg

Hi. My question is about the grip loks. I recently bought a bag, and a few of the grip loks do not hold the grips as well. Actually, like three of them in the center of the bag. They still hold them, but they allow the club to spin more easily. Where as the other ones it is very hard to spin the clubs. Has anyone found this to be the case with their bags?

Thanks for your time.

Hi. My question is about the grip loks. I recently bought a bag, and a few of the grip loks do not hold the grips as well. Actually, like three of them in the center of the bag. They still hold them, but they allow the club to spin more easily. Where as the other ones it is very hard to spin the clubs. Has anyone found this to be the case with their bags?

Thanks for your time.

I have not found this to be the case on mine. The slots in the middle without the clip-lok do allow the clubs to wobble a bit, but nothing like you are experiencing. The grip-lok holds strong in every slot.

I have not found this to be the case on mine. The slots in the middle without the clip-lok do allow the clubs to wobble a bit, but nothing like you are experiencing. The grip-lok holds strong in every slot.
Thanks for the response. I had a feeling. That sucks. ..for me.

Thanks for the response. I had a feeling. That sucks. ..for me.
Of course!

If you really believe there is an issue with your bag, I'd reach out via their website or social. Bag Boy has wonderful customer service and they stand by their product.

Of course!

If you really believe there is an issue with your bag, I'd reach out via their website or social. Bag Boy has wonderful customer service and they stand by their product.

Ya, the thing is I bought it from another site; and most places including Bagboy are out of them.

So, I spoke with Bag Boy customer service. I sent them videos. The rep I talked to was very nice. She did say that her manager or whatever team was in charge of the the department that got back to her, told her that it was normal. That the Grip Loks were not intended to hold the club from spinning. They are only there to hold the club from bouncing out of the bag. She even agreed that it was odd considering that if the club spins it can hit other club heads.
She was also testing it with a bag she had in front of her when she called back. She found that the four slots in the center of the bag did hold the grip with less resistance than the outer ring. The clubs in the outer ring held very firm from spinning. The clubs in the center were held down, but the club heads could spin when applying less much less pressure in comparison. She thought it shouldn’t be that way at least when the bag was new.

Back