Introducing King Cobra Wedges

So I did get my hands on these today. I'll admit that after a brief visual adjustment I really liked them. More than I thought I would. The full face grooves make them seem a little bigger than they are. I was holding and setting them next to anything and everything. Lol. They're pretty typical footprint though.

I liked the feel of the groove design, and the versatile grind. It sat really nicely for a 10* and seemed really easy to clip. LOVED the heel relief on that grind, too. Toe and heel were... versatile. Logo and everything on the back looked real sharp imo and if I was in the market for yet another wedge I'd have the versatile 56 in my bag.

Still can't believe the arccos sensor deal for buying one of these. That's a steal.

So I did get my hands on these today. I'll admit that after a brief visual adjustment I really liked them. More than I thought I would. The full face grooves make them seem a little bigger than they are. I was holding and setting them next to anything and everything. Lol. They're pretty typical footprint though.

I liked the feel of the groove design, and the versatile grind. It sat really nicely for a 10* and seemed really easy to clip. LOVED the heel relief on that grind, too. Toe and heel were... versatile. Logo and everything on the back looked real sharp imo and if I was in the market for yet another wedge I'd have the versatile 56 in my bag.

Still can't believe the arccos sensor deal for buying one of these. That's a steal.
Internet golfer, you NEED a new wedge! 😉🤣🤣

These wedges are on my brain lately. I think it's mostly due to the full face grooves on the 60˚. Grinds are a question for me though. I'd probably go standard or versatile on my 54, as I do use that a fair amount but don't open it a ton. The wide low looks super interesting in the 60˚, just not sure if it'd be the right fit.

Tried my new 56 OL wedge at the range today. It works. I was surprised how easy it was to hit my partial shots. I didn't yank full shots left like I tend to do with standard length wedges so it was a win. It's 1" shorter than my set GW, but that's not a problem.

I assume I'll be able to get out of a pot bunker with it. Open up the club face. Open my stance 45 degrees. Bend my knees. Hit a fat shot taking a shallow divot.

Tried my new 56 OL wedge at the range today. It works. I was surprised how easy it was to hit my partial shots. I didn't yank full shots left like I tend to do with standard length wedges so it was a win. It's 1" shorter than my set GW, but that's not a problem.

I assume I'll be able to get out of a pot bunker with it. Open up the club face. Open my stance 45 degrees. Bend my knees. Hit a fat shot taking a shallow divot.

Glad it’s working out!

Had the 58* in play this afternoon and was great for me today in scrambling. Got out of the sand twice with good results as well as a good day chipping around the greens.

I had VL wedges but decided to try OL because it was causing too large a gap in the transition so I ordered a 56 ad 60(which are the only 2 they have OL). Let me say this, I am NOT a high spin player, have always struggled to get balls to check around the green. I took these out today and can't believe how much these spun. I was hitting and stopping on a dime today. Needless to say I am happy with the choice so far and on the one full shot I took with the 56, yardage was where I hoped it'd be.

Ok so have 2 rounds of under my belt now with the 60 widelow. Anything green side it’s stellar. Not the best for me on full shots, which reminds me I shouldn’t be hitting that many full 60deg shots anyways. Hits off center feel less than ideal. The MD5 and pm grind feel better on mishits. The feel and sound on these can get a bit firm and colicky in off center strikes. Besides that the wedge perfoms. The wide low is actually really good out the bunker as well as off tight green side lies.

Now of the reason I gravitated toward the wedge is foe the full face grooves in a traditional shape and Yesterday The full face grooves saved me. I short sided myself going for the green in 2 on a short par 5. Had the dreaded over the bunker shot and you can clearly see where my ball strike was. Despite it being out on the toe the result was stellar. Left myself an 8 footer for birdie. That’s when I knew the wedges perfom despite the feel leaving a little to be desired, looks and performance are 💯.

I will say though that the feel on anything remotely near the center of face is up there with industry leading wedges. And the way that leading edge sits so low to the ground is really appealing to the eye

22FD1955-D3DD-4E04-88C8-A09A6D062FE5.jpegD68ABD89-F934-42FC-80EF-67EDD71DB5E7.jpeg

Ok so have 2 rounds of under my belt now with the 60 widelow. Anything green side it’s stellar. Not the best for me on full shots, which reminds me I shouldn’t be hitting that many full 60deg shots anyways. Hits off center feel less than ideal. The MD5 and pm grind feel better on mishits. The feel and sound on these can get a bit firm and colicky in off center strikes. Besides that the wedge perfoms. The wide low is actually really good out the bunker as well as off tight green side lies.

Now of the reason I gravitated toward the wedge is foe the full face grooves in a traditional shape and Yesterday The full face grooves saved me. I short sided myself going for the green in 2 on a short par 5. Had the dreaded over the bunker shot and you can clearly see where my ball strike was. Despite it being out on the toe the result was stellar. Left myself an 8 footer for birdie. That’s when I knew the wedges perfom despite the feel leaving a little to be desired, looks and performance are 💯.

I will say though that the feel on anything remotely near the center of face is up there with industry leading wedges. And the way that leading edge sits so low to the ground is really appealing to the eye

View attachment 9002203View attachment 9002204
So torn between the wide low and versatile. I am pretty adapt at manipulating the face of my current 58°/6 M grind Mizuno and with the wide low Im not sure how that would work. I wish I had been able.to get one in hand.

Can’t wait until mine come in! Really looking forward to the 58 wide low

I’ve got a HS kiddo who is going to go this way after the season. Honestly can’t wait to order them for him and try them before he does :ROFLMAO:

I played mine on the course yesterday. It's the One Length version. I have the 56 degree. It's great out of the sand and great for hitting flop shots. You're waiting for the but...

Here's the BUT... the gapping between the 56 and my set OL gap wedge is terrible. Cobra should have mad these 54 and 58. But I guess marketing went with what people think of as the standard SW and LW as 56 and 60. For gapping purposes it sucks. Unless I really get after it on a full shot it comes up short. My set GW comes up short on spin on partial shots. And I used my 54 for chipping. 56 degrees is too much loft for chipping. And a cavity backed distance GW doesn't have the touchy feel for chipping.

The OL GW is 49 degrees loft. So the OL wedge should be 54 degrees at most. Ideally 53 degrees but you know they wouldn't do that because it would require a separate mold... and no one would buy a 53 degree wedge. Still I think it's a marketing decision because of what most people think regardless of what's good for them.

I’ve been messing around with a 60* versatile and absolutely been loving it. Love how it sets up behind the ball. I get better contact with this wedge then my sm8 M grind for some reason. Full face grooves make it seem like you can’t miss. The shape is pleasant and looks great behind the ball. Really enjoying it. 969FDD16-51B6-41CF-946E-7DE92D9E969C.jpeg

Nope! I'm good with the ... dozen or so I have. :LOL:

I hope you run out today to help finish out that collection! Only .... one dozen?!!!!!??

Dozen or so? Sounds like you still need 2 or 3 new wedges.
I hope you run out today to help finish out that collection! Only .... one dozen?!!!!!??

Seriously, I'm good.

I have a couple more customs incoming. ;):p

I really liked hitting a few with these though. Great first impression.

Update::::::

Spent about an hour and half working on nothing but short game. Actually did a head to head with the 60deg cobra wide low and the Callaway PM grind I have In the bag.

The cobra obviously has a more traditional shape to it than the PM grind. So that may appeal to a lot more folks and those who are put off by the PM grind looks. Versatility wise the cobra held it’s own and I think I preferred the feel just a tad bit more. I never close the face at address to hit that type of shot, most of my shots are square or open face and they both excelled there giving the edgeto the cobra because of that wide low grind. It really slid under the ball beautifully. The one area the PM grind slightly out performed the Wide low grind was in the bunkers and that’s due to the added bounce I believe. But that’s where having proper wedge setup comes into play. If I had the 56deg in either a classic grind or versatile grind (still undecided) in the cobra snakebite, I could use that out of the bunkers as opposed to the wide low and use the use low for all other green side shots as it did everything pretty well. The wide low is going in the bag for now replacing the PM grind. Really liked what I saw today.

6DF33FCF-F351-4856-9106-D21CDA6CCB66.jpeg32603677-2A19-45B6-9623-51642C47BCBF.jpeg9A5B1E93-739A-49AE-8B20-3BCBABFE4AA7.jpegCB89EFBD-A643-48C1-B810-CE992CCF4CBC.jpeg

Last edited:
I am really excited about a 56* full face milling wedge. No one has them at that loft.

I am really excited about a 56* full face milling wedge. No one has them at that loft.
Hoping my 56° Versatile will be money for my bunker game.

I can’t wait to get my 52* widelow and 58* versatile for my MC bag!

I honestly thought about only having one wedge this year till I saw the full face grooves. I often miss on the toe side with short pitches and chips, could be a game changer!

I honestly thought about only having one wedge this year till I saw the full face grooves. I often miss on the toe side with short pitches and chips, could be a game changer!

If you chose a one wedge setup, which would you have played?

I keep reading people's thoughts on these, and I really can't wait to get them in hand and on the course. Short game is where I've spent a lot of time practicing over the last season and starting to see some real improvement so I'm hoping for great things with a couple of these in the bag. Loved the MIMs, and excited to see how these compare.

Back