Club Champion putter fitting

I am going to start this review off saying that the fee for the fitting is worth EVERY PENNY!

My appt was at 3pm this aft. I arrived about 2:45 and when i walked in i was greeted by Corey Pangle. Corey was super cool and very excited to help me figure out what was happening with my putting. We talked a bit about what i wanted out of the fitting and he explained the process and what i should expect. I took a quick walk around to look at the new store and drool over all of the shafts and heads available to hit. They had 2 bays with the trackman's all set up. The store looked nice was well thought out.

I went back up and Corey had installed a sensor on my current putter and i proceeded to hit 7 putts. Once that was done went dove into the data. My putting stroke was pretty straight back and forward. In looking at the graph i thought it was all over lol. I tend to start with the face a little closed also. My set up over the ball was good and consistent each time also. The recommendation was a blade or a mallet. I told him i wanted a mallet for the forgiveness i needed all the help i can get.

We then started looking at the loft and lie adjustments i needed. My loft adjustments needs to be 2 down and my lie angle needs to be at 74 a full 4 different than stock. The report is very detailed and easy to read.

With that over we started trying out putters. I tried cameron's, some Bettinardis, pings and Odyssey's along with the Cleveland line. What felt the best to me were the Odyssey putters. We dialed it down to the 2ball ten with one single line for aiming and the new Rossi white hot. He made some adjustments to get the putter as close as he could to my specs and i started rolling putts from all over their putting area. The clear winner was the 2ball Ten! The way the ball rolled off that putter for me was exceptional. I drained putts from all over that putting area. The speed control and the feel were great.

Needless to say i have a new 2ball ten on order with the proper adjustments for me. I did get the Odyssey grip in the larger version. I know they are slammed but i am hoping it is sooner than the 6 weeks i was told.

My overall experience was great. I think @Club Champion has a solid operation and the staff at our Tucson store was fantastic. One thing i will say is Corey told me anytime i needed anything to just call him. If i want to try a new club come up and try it. Grips installed he will handle it, want to get a number on my clubs on the trackman we can get that done. That is exceptional customer service and very much appreciated!

I am attaching my Sam lab report but i see it is sideways anyone know how to fix that?

Bissell Brian SAM Report.pdf
CC.jpgCC2.jpg

Attachments

• Bissell Brian SAM Report.pdf
    675 KB · Views: 48
@Parrot you are going to have fun tomorrow! Cant wait to see the results!

Awesome @Doubleb21. A putter fitting is on my list in the very near future.

Awesome @Doubleb21. A putter fitting is on my list in the very near future.
Totally worth it. Then you have your specs. @JB had mentioned he knew when he was rolling the right putter and that was true for me today. I had put everything else back in the rack except the 2ball ten.

I am going to start this review off saying that the fee for the fitting is worth EVERY PENNY!

My appt was at 3pm this aft. I arrived about 2:45 and when i walked in i was greeted by Corey Pangle. Corey was super cool and very excited to help me figure out what was happening with my putting. We talked a bit about what i wanted out of the fitting and he explained the process and what i should expect. I took a quick walk around to look at the new store and drool over all of the shafts and heads available to hit. They had 2 bays with the trackman's all set up. The store looked nice was well thought out.

I went back up and Corey had installed a sensor on my current putter and i proceeded to hit 7 putts. Once that was done went dove into the data. My putting stroke was pretty straight back and forward. In looking at the graph i thought it was all over lol. I tend to start with the face a little closed also. My set up over the ball was good and consistent each time also. The recommendation was a blade or a mallet. I told him i wanted a mallet for the forgiveness i needed all the help i can get.

We then started looking at the loft and lie adjustments i needed. My loft adjustments needs to be 2 down and my lie angle needs to be at 74 a full 4 different than stock. The report is very detailed and easy to read.

With that over we started trying out putters. I tried cameron's, some Bettinardis, pings and Odyssey's along with the Cleveland line. What felt the best to me were the Odyssey putters. We dialed it down to the 2ball ten with one single line for aiming and the new Rossi white hot. He made some adjustments to get the putter as close as he could to my specs and i started rolling putts from all over their putting area. The clear winner was the 2ball Ten! The way the ball rolled off that putter for me was exceptional. I drained putts from all over that putting area. The speed control and the feel were great.

Needless to say i have a new 2ball ten on order with the proper adjustments for me. I did get the Odyssey grip in the larger version. I know they are slammed but i am hoping it is sooner than the 6 weeks i was told.

My overall experience was great. I think @Club Champion has a solid operation and the staff at our Tucson store was fantastic. One thing i will say is Corey told me anytime i needed anything to just call him. If i want to try a new club come up and try it. Grips installed he will handle it, want to get a number on my clubs on the trackman we can get that done. That is exceptional customer service and very much appreciated!

I am attaching my Sam lab report but i see it is sideways anyone know how to fix that?

View attachment 9001162View attachment 9001163
Awesome data there. Sounds like the fitting is going to really work out.

Awesome data there. Sounds like the fitting is going to really work out.

I think it will Al. I will at least know the putter is correct for me. It will be nice to have an Odyssey back in the bag 😁

I think it will Al. I will at least know the putter is correct for me. It will be nice to have an Odyssey back in the bag 😁
I am really looking forward to you having this in the bag sometime after 4/17/21 😎

This is fantastic. I really need to just book a session and make the drive to OKC. It’s time to be fit for putter again.

Alright, I am booked for next Friday!

Great writeup and love seeing the data. Will be interesting to see how your putting changes thru the rest of the year.

A little backstory.

It may be an understatement to say I’ve been putting abysmally. Three putts from too short of a distance appear far too often. I don’t remember the last time I made something over about 15 feet. Makes between 3 and 15 are far too infrequent. Misses under 5 feet are too frequent. I’m not expecting to make all of them but I do expect to make more than 1 in 7 or 8. Now, 5-6 3-putts and 40+ putts per round aren’t unusual. Inside 10 feet, I’m thinking don’t 3 putt rather than knowing I’ll make a good number of them.

I’ve putted with a Stroke Lab since they were released. My putting improved a good bit. First, a 7S, then a Marxman S and Palm Beach. Sean Toulon and Luke Williams fit me in the Marxman and Palm Beach at the Odyssey Experience. Before that, I had a Callaway BJ-9 half-mallet, that I used for nearly 20 years. For a good while after switching to the SL, I had a high degree of confidence. Now, none.

That’s where I am going in. I’ve not been on a SAM. I’m very interested to see what the SAM shows about my stroke and what the fitting recommendations are. I’ll post a review either late tonight or early a.m.

this was my experience as well. I’m glad you took the time to get a putter that fits you.

Scratch that, im going TODAY!
Can't wait to read about this experience. I really need to do this as well. I keep talking about it but never pull the trigger. I'm afraid I'll have to off my putter collection :ROFLMAO:

Interested to see how you like the experience. I just won the ability to get a driver fitting at a Club Champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to read about this experience. I really need to do this as well. I keep talking about it but never pull the trigger. I'm afraid I'll have to off my putter collection :ROFLMAO:
@Canadan will crap when he finds out which one is perfect for my stroke. :ROFLMAO:

My man that was an enjoyable recap. I can't imagine how strong your short game is going to be now.

Thanks for the review , I have been thinking of being being fitted lately and the review is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I first started getting fitted for putters about 10 years ago. Made a huge difference. Learned that I naturally add loft to my putter and play with the toe up, so now I can get fitted accordingly.

Scratch that, im going TODAY!

YES that is so awesome i cant wait to see what your results are!

Great writeup and love seeing the data. Will be interesting to see how your putting changes thru the rest of the year.

Thanks i am excited to see the results. I am also going to dedicate more practice time with the flat stick to get my scores down.

My man that was an enjoyable recap. I can't imagine how strong your short game is going to be now.

Than you sir with those awesome SM8 wedges and the new 2ball ten I'm ready!

I was thinking about this while i went for a bike ride this morning. Had i not done the fitting i would of kept trying putters off the rack. I would have always had the same results and frustration. I cant wait to see the others results today!

Thanks a lot Brian (@Doubleb21). :mad:

I went into Club Champion in Scottsdale and besides loft, lie, face balanced, and swing weight my current putter is perfect. LOL

So I kind of knew some of the issues that the data showcased. Basically I come in open and slide across the face (putter slice!) but I do it consistently. I need to add some weight to putter as my current gamer is at a C1 swing weight when really I need to be at a D4 so it was close. o_O I deloft the putter so I need to add more loft and I need a face balanced blade putter. He fit me into a SIK Jo putter and once I started I made, no joke, 15 putts in a row with it. I can't wait to see what the Morgan Cup putter will be as I may need to increase my putter collection with this SIK putter.

Back