Was able to very briefly try out my new IV. Really liking the setup of it. Went with the black head. I like the stock grip but thinking it will be taken off for my go to.
Putter has a nice sound/feel to it. Nice when you first get to the putting green to try out a new putter, drop two balls down - drain the first and lip out the second from 20 feet. I like the weight kit option to dial things in. I added the heaviest weights, but will def go back to the std setup before going on course.
Headcover feels cheap and don't like the velcro, but its sufficient. I like the look of it.
Yeah, I walked out with a new headcover. Call me crazy, but I don't think something that costs a few hundred dollars should live in a velcro enclosure.

Yeah, I walked out with a new headcover. Call me crazy, but I don't think something that costs a few hundred dollars should live in a velcro enclosure.
Agreed....so I just bought a few hundred dollars in swag covers! Ahaha

I tend to use double bend shafted mallets, most recently the Scotty Phantom 12 and the Ping Tyne. I randomly picked this one up and I really like the balance of it and the long leading edge for aligning the face. The squared off, bit larger profile also suits my eye for alignment. The adjustable weights were the clincher, so I can dial in the feel I like. I intend to spend time finding the right weight setup. I’ll prob continue to cramp @OldandStiff s style and reshaft it with a black CT shaft. The stock grip is fantastic, but I’m used to a larger grip so will switch in the near future.
Appreciate the info. Thank you.

👀 Had a Club Champion putter fitting today.....

:ROFLMAO:

👀 Had a Club Champion putter fitting today.....

:ROFLMAO:
So you found out the V is all wrong, and you should be using a blade with an insert???? :laughing:

Let’s GO! The IV that I ordered in Feb. came in this week!

11F56076-B85B-446B-8227-42D0A0F26276.jpegD6422F3C-101A-4949-8B7B-258E0690A55D.jpegC774B4AF-8D35-434B-87DC-6986F4983440.jpeg01A4E123-4122-417B-B37C-237F4C2710DC.jpeg59A1C2D5-FF2D-42A0-97E8-1A662EF86A34.jpeg

Sooooo good to be back out on the course!
3 and a half months without golf has certainly taken a toll on my game but its slowly coming back.
The V and I are getting on like a house on fire! 27 putts today with several of the two putts just being me not giving the first one enough to roll into the cup. Ridiculous.
Even more ridiculous are some of the putts I've holed. I rarely hole long putts, I don't mean crazy long but 20 footers etc.
Well with the V I holed a ridiculous one yesterday, and an even more ridiculous one today from off the green.
Earlier in the thread @Jman explained that he aims more with general features of the putter as opposed to the line and I decided to try this out as a fellow left eye dominant player. Turns out I am having much more success aiming with the lines of the shoulders than the long white line. It seems that I am more left just with the white line.
So far I am thrilled to have a beautiful putter that I also putt well with. Just need to work a bit on distance to get the ball past the hole more often.
17ba1daa632ebfda04000bd4314b066d.jpg
1eea5db9a08ca0468164a2d874a1a4b4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

After spending a couple days rolling the IV, man, this thing is good. Really good.

Played another 18 yesterday, and I'm more and more impressed with the M-Craft VI ! I think the heavier head in the VI, 370 g for the VI vs 355 g for the IV and V, helps me a bit, and my distance control with this thing has been really good. I'm still on the fence about the grip, I like it, and I'm putting pretty good with it, but its been so long since I've used a putter grip this small that I just feel like a bigger grip might make this thing even better.

Have I mentioned what a great looking putter this is?

M-Craft VI_001s.jpg

Played 18 rolled some putts before the round and while we waited a few times during the round... This thing is smooth! The feel is amazing. Obviously a bit biased or naive as it's my first milled putter... Damnnnn I have #3 and others are awesome too but coming from #9 oddy this thing is a beaut. Lots of 1 putts today

Played 18 rolled some putts before the round and while we waited a few times during the round... This thing is smooth! The feel is amazing. Obviously a bit biased or naive as it's my first milled putter... Damnnnn I have #3 and others are awesome too but coming from #9 oddy this thing is a beaut. Lots of 1 putts today
I got the #3 out for the first time on Wednesday.
Sunk some longer putts. Had 3 birdies - the most I've ever had in a single round- I'm not saying it's the putter, but it might be the putter ;)

I got the #3 out for the first time on Wednesday.
Sunk some longer putts. Had 3 birdies - the most I've ever had in a single round- I'm not saying it's the putter, but it might be the putter ;)

no hops and no awkward clicks off the face... smooth roll end over end... provides feedback off the toe and heel.

So happy with this putter. Just always find it so easy to line up.
Now that I'm getting more confident, it's getting to be easier to pick a line and roll it in. Last round I had 28 putts which is great.

Interesting to see Hideki also using the Lamkin deep etched, just such a good grip.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Changed the weights around in my VI. It is face-balanced, and comes with the 8g weights in both positions, but my putter fitting said that some toe-hang isn't a bad thing for me, so I thought I'd change it up a bit. I put the 13g weight in the toe, and the 3g weight in the heel, which maintains the same overall weight, but gives it a couple degrees of toe-hang. It isn't a big change, but I thought it would be fun to see if it made a noticeable difference. Well it did, but not in a good way for me, as I could not get in any kind of groove with it at all. I started off missing to the right a bit, which was most noticeable on short putts that I either missed right, or leaked them in on the right side. Of course then I started adjusting for this, and ended up kind of all over the place. So I'm going back to the stock weight placement, since it was working really well for me.

I'm still pondering a grip change, as much as I like the stock grip, I still can't get used to the diameter being so much smaller than what I'm used to. I really like the Lamkin Sinkfit Pistol grip, but the rubber model is 35g heavier than the stock grip, and the polyurethane model is 20g lighter. I'm really not sure which would be better, so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate hearing your opinions.

I put the weights back in the stock configuration in my VI, and what do you know, back to rolling them on line again! :drinks:

The V makes me happy, very happy. And at 1.0* loft now, it’s even better than it already was.

Back