First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Well the lie you need is more rooted in the length of those two clubs. Your Rogue 7i is probably 37" at that 62.5*. The Pro 7i will be 37" at 62* so they're .5* different. Same for you 26* comparison. You're comparing a 6 and 5 iron. They're different lengths. The Apex Pros at stock will be .5* flatter than what you list your Rogues at. You can adjust accordingly.
Thank you! So if I just flattened the Rogues 1, I should only have to flatten the Apex 0.5. Thanks again @OldandStiff

27A5204C-D8C0-432E-B0F6-3D9A074F7FED.jpeg
Hello Friends... I’ll be providing a ton of feedback on the DCBs soon.

Also welcome @HuddieJ (Apex Pro) & @e1iterate (Apex) to the Apex Nation....

Start with the AW. How's the DCB AW? Closest specialty comparison?
I started playing the set AW with the Apex CF16 (that AW was so money). I am worried about the gapping between the Apex DCB AW & my 54° wedge.

Also, I'm going to vent some Apex frustration in here. I ordered TCB's a while ago, and they've been held up over the damn AW. Never order a set AW from Callaway. Ever. Wait until you get your set, and then order it separately. 'Cause it seems to eff your order every time.

Anyway, I'm playing plus five hundred eleven twenty seven golf right now and it is freaking killing me that I can't play the TCB's while I'm locked in like this. I just know they're going to show up right as I lose my groove and it's infuriating!!

Screenshot_20210405-201952_Chrome.jpg

Also, I'm going to vent some Apex frustration in here. I ordered TCB's a while ago, and they've been held up over the damn AW. Never order a set AW from Callaway. Ever. Wait until you get your set, and then order it separately. 'Cause it seems to eff your order every time.

Anyway, I'm playing plus five hundred eleven twenty seven golf right now and it is freaking killing me that I can't play the TCB's while I'm locked in like this. I just know they're going to show up right as I lose my groove and it's infuriating!!

View attachment 9001617
Oh I didn’t know you were waiting on the AW...
Not sure on a comparison in the meantime, maybe a CBX 2 48°?

Oh I didn’t know you were waiting on the AW...
Not sure on a comparison in the meantime, maybe a CBX 2 48°?
Oh, I'm just curious about the DCB AW because I like a set AW when they're good. Curious how versatile it is in that size and shape. I have a full set of Pros and MB's with them and like both of those. My whole TCB order couldn't be shipped until Callaway built the damn AW though, because the TCB's are/were all custom order through fitters, and they don't usually send out partial orders.

Finally. After two months of researching, searching, and demoing, I placed my (wife approved) order with Allen at Callaway today who was exceptionally helpful. Apex Pro's 4-P in the MMT 105 TX and Jaws wedges 50, 54, and 60.

Good range session today. Used the rapsodo for a bit to play around especially with the Apex Pro PW/AW and gapping from it to my 54*.
I went triple play, so the lofts are stronger on these Pro’s. With what I’m seeing on course, and on the range, VERY pleased. I continue to be impressed with these irons, and love that forged feel.

47BA390C-4D7F-4A60-ABE0-3133FA40E2F8.png

3419B56B-5CAE-4BEE-9308-07A8B408AA16.png

Good range session today. Used the rapsodo for a bit to play around especially with the Apex Pro PW/AW and gapping from it to my 54*.
I went triple play, so the lofts are stronger on these Pro’s. With what I’m seeing on course, and on the range, VERY pleased. I continue to be impressed with these irons, and love that forged feel.

View attachment 9001758

View attachment 9001759
I know it's not a rapsodo thread, but I really like their shot charts.

Glad the triple play is working out for you, too. A guy I play with occasionally just got his, and he's really excited.

Oh, I'm just curious about the DCB AW because I like a set AW when they're good. Curious how versatile it is in that size and shape. I have a full set of Pros and MB's with them and like both of those. My whole TCB order couldn't be shipped until Callaway built the damn AW though, because the TCB's are/were all custom order through fitters, and they don't usually send out partial orders.
I picked up a 21 Apex mb Mfing A wedge base on your praise of it to go with my 19 pro dot irons. The best part is that the satin finish is a perfect match. Sadly this means I have brand new 46 and 50 degree vokeys sitting in the closet. But the MB blends better because the blade length is shorter.

Just teeing up some near future deliciousness by another forum member with a thread bump. Want to make sure he can find the thread. ;)

Because even though I ordered my TCB's 748 years before he did, and therefore should have them half worn out over the last few weeks, I don't have mine yet.

I'm just gonna sit here hitting refresh now until stuff happens...

Just teeing up some near future deliciousness by @radiman with a thread bump. Want to make sure he can find it. ;)

Because even though I ordered my TCB's 748 years before he did, and therefore should have them half worn out over the last few weeks, I don't have mine yet.

I'm just gonna sit here hitting refresh now until stuff happens...
Haha, I know where to find the thread. They're sitting on my front step and I am sitting at work. UPS doesn't usually show up until around 4. So, was shocked to see them delivered just after 9am. I think I feel a stomach bug coming on. Probably should go home and get some rest. :sneaky:

Haha, I know where to find the thread. They're sitting on my front step and I am sitting at work. UPS doesn't usually show up until around 4. So, was shocked to see them delivered just after 9am. I think I feel a stomach bug coming on. Probably should go home and get some rest. :sneaky:
Send me your address! Depending on traffic, I can have them out on the course unpackaged and cleaned up again on display for you to come home to. No one wants to bother with all the packaging anyway...

Send me your address! Depending on traffic, I can have them out on the course unpackaged and cleaned up again on display for you to come home to. No one wants to bother with all the packaging anyway...
Oh I don't mind.

thinking the pro 21 are going back in the bag for one last shot this coming weekend. the swing feels pretty decent. time to determine if the decent stuff i'm seeing out of my other set is just because it's better for me, or if maybe my swing is in a good enough spot to put these beautiful tools in play.
After my last round, I was a little discouraged as to if I did the right thing by getting the Pros, even though I was fit for them, but it was just me and I was swinging like a sissy and once I realized that, it was night and day difference. I don't have to swing out of my shoes, but I need to remember with the heavier weight in the shafts I need to put a good swing on it and it usually works out well.

View attachment 9001617
Maybe it's because it's not one of the limited edition AW with tungsten in it/written on the club, :p It didn't hold up my order at all.

Maybe it's because it's not one of the limited edition AW with tungsten in it/written on the club, :p It didn't hold up my order at all.
Oh, I heard they pretty much give those rejects away. ;):p

20210407_113236.jpg

1617818763615.jpeg1617818792635.jpeg1617818862092.jpeg1617818920320.jpeg1617818974862.jpeg1617818994595.jpeg

Maiden voyage this Saturday!

Oh they look right at home.
1617819310046.jpeg1617819322287.jpeg

Well those are just silly good looking!

Looking good @radiman !!

Welllll... what do you think over the ball?? Not bad, right? ;)

Back