Staff Predictions: 2021 Masters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Last week we got together as a staff and made predictions for The Masters. We were tasked with choosing the winner, as well as a dark horse, someone not ranked in the top 25 that we thought had a chance to grab the green jacket.

Of course directly after the graphic was made, Jordan Spieth won at the Valero, so dark horse might not be the best descriptor.

Crazy to think that none of the staff made the same predictions.

Who do you agree with? Who do you think is way off base? Give us your thoughts below.

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

@Jman with the heat. Gotta go with @MWard though. Streaky Bubba is capable of anything.

Dan might be reaching a bit, the way Finau has played the past couple weeks. Surprised that nobody had Conners as a dark horse, given his course history.

My top choice would be with @MWard and then @JB . I would say if I had to pick someone way off base it would be @Canadan or @Jman mainly because Finau can't close and I hope Patrick Reid doesn't win another green jacket. Dude is a tool, lol.

I like @MWard's set of picks, very nice duo.

I like @MWard here. JT is in a good place with his game and is capable of winning his second Major. And his dark horse already has two Masters wins. Maybe being back at Augusta will generate something good in Bubba’s game.

Last week we got together as a staff and made predictions for The Masters. We were tasked with choosing the winner, as well as a dark horse, someone not ranked in the top 25 that we thought had a chance to grab the green jacket.

Of course directly after the graphic was made, Jordan Spieth won at the Valero, so dark horse might not be the best descriptor.

Crazy to think that none of the staff made the same predictions.

Who do you agree with? Who do you think is way off base? Give us your thoughts below.

Untitled-15-1024x692.jpg

Continue reading...

@MWard best combo of both players. JB went obvious so gotta expect one of those will struggle. Don’t get some of the others (Rory, Champ in terrible form).

I’d have to side with @JB 1st then @MWard 2nd as those are solid choices.

My top choice would be with @MWard and then @JB . I would say if I had to pick someone way off base it would be @Canadan or @Jman mainly because Finau can't close and I hope Patrick Reid doesn't win another green jacket. Dude is a tool, lol.
I hope he doesn’t win either, but what I want and what I predict are two different things ;)

I’ve never wanted to be more wrong.
They are not bad picks. That final pairing would be something to see - I would sign up for it as it has the makings for a lot of chatter.

I have to say @MWard picks on paper look solid.

I feel @JB has the best two choices!

I'm not a Douchambeau fan, but can't deny his talent and would love to see JS win in back to back weeks!

I feel @JB has the best two choices!

I'm not a Douchambeau fan, but can't deny his talent and would love to see JS win in back to back weeks!
I really wanted to go JS, but after his win the Texas fan club here pushed me away. :ROFLMAO:

@JB- Spieth is at 11/1 to win (2nd favorite), not exactly a dark horse... lol

@JB- Spieth is at 11/1 to win (2nd favorite), not exactly a dark horse... lol

Great skim dude.
Read what was written above the graphic :ROFLMAO:

@Jman goes with the villians. I like it!!!

If you already have a jacket(s), can you really be a dark horse?

I hope he doesn’t win either, but what I want and what I predict are two different things ;)

You know I love picking Reed for these things. Thanks for keeping his name alive here haha

@Jman goes with the villians. I like it!!!

If you already have a jacket(s), can you really be a dark horse?
We considered outside the Top 50 a dark horse

We considered outside the Top 50 a dark horse

And with an event that is limited in field size, that doesn't leave a whole ton of gems in that space.

Is Mike Weir really a favorite?

Obviously not, just like a lot of other former champions. Even before the Texas Open win, I would be hard pressed to ever call Spieth a dark horse at Augusta, at least until he gets to Weir's age. He and Bubba, along with others, figured out how to play well at the course and the tournament obviously isn't moving anywhere.

Entertaining pics. Nobody picked DJ? A couple of the dark horse choices made me chuckle.

I'd like to see DJ win because it would be cool to see the Nov champ win in April. But I haven't really been inspired too much by his play lately. However, look at his last handful of starts here and it's easy to expect him to be in the mix.

Entertaining pics. Nobody picked DJ? A couple of the dark horse choices made me chuckle.
I aim to be entertaining. Someone has to be the villain!;):ROFLMAO:

Back