Staff Predictions: 2021 Masters

I'd love to see Finau win and end the "Can he win?" discussion at a place like Augusta.

Love the Colin pick, he has the skill to turn Augusta into a dart board , Champ though, I just see no hope for him as a dark horse.

I like Conners too. Rory is a good pick, he just isn't hot at all so it's hard for everyone else to get on board. Probably a good time to bet on him though.
He's been inside the top 10 3 of the last 4 as well. I know he's not hot but I had a feeling.

Wow nobody with the same picks! Are we sure this wasn’t a coordinated effort? JB’s picks looking strong with par 67 and that guy from Texas. Shocking to see Canadan with a Canadian darkhorse, but I’d pull for Hughes and definitely Finau! Jman with the villains and I don’t hate it! Would be fun to see either of Jdtox’s picks in a green jacket. Ddec with the precision Morikawa and bomber Champ, he does know this isn’t a scramble right? And who’s going to make the putts? MWard with JT and Bubba - you never know what could happen there, I think we could see some magic! Man, now I need to make my picks!

Haha it was not a coordinated effort. Everyone sent their picks blind and thats what we got.

Some wild picks in there by some.

@ddec with a champ pick. Not sure about that guy.. he has played terrible this year.

I like the @Canadan finau pick.

surprised no one took Tommy Fleetwood. @Jman poulter pick is a serious dark horse pick but I could see Poults top 10’ing.

I gotta go with @JB on this. Bryson just may overpower the course this week and Spieth has some momentum.

On the flip side, I think @jdtox has missed the mark completely. Rors has shown much lately and Brendon Todd hasn't shown anything in any major that I am aware of.

@MWard and I have the same thinking. JT is playing great and Bubba is always dangerous at Augusta.

Love the Colin pick, he has the skill to turn Augusta into a dart board , Champ though, I just see no hope for him as a dark horse.

so the Champ pick. Needed to be outside the top 50 and to be honest, I'm not thrilled on any of those really. Wanted to stay away from past champions, and even though he was above 50 when we picked, I didn't view Spieth in that way. I'm taking a big flier on a guy who performed pretty well in his first Masters, and was in the mix at the PGA last year. He has the length to make this course considerably shorter than it will play for many. No doubt he has really struggled with the putter, but for a darkhorse style, a hot putter could get him in the mix. Do I expect him to win....hell no. But I've already used up my Jimmy Walker magic for that 2016 PGA.

I gotta go with @JB on this. Bryson just may overpower the course this week and Spieth has some momentum.

On the flip side, I think @jdtox has missed the mark completely. Rors has shown much lately and Brendon Todd hasn't shown anything in any major that I am aware of.
Who would you pick outside of the top 50 in the OWGR rankings? Todd doesn't have distance but is a #1 in driving accuracy and a decent putter. In reality does anyone expect a dark horse to win?

Who would you pick outside of the top 50 in the OWGR rankings?

exactly and when was the last time a player outside the top 50 won the masters?

Some wild picks in there by some.

@ddec with a champ pick. Not sure about that guy.. he has played terrible this year.

I like the @Canadan finau pick.

surprised no one took Tommy Fleetwood. @Jman poulter pick is a serious dark horse pick but I could see Poults top 10’ing.
I hate him just enough I could see him winning in RC year.:ROFLMAO:

Glad to see at least @ddec picked Champ as a dark horse, y'all are gonna feel bad when he wins

Last edited:
Interesting to not see Munoz, Zalatoris, Daniel Berger, or Corey Conners on this list.

Overall i see @jdtox coming with some Canadian Conners love later on in the thread, but I like @MWard and @JB picks...

Im with @ddec and @MWard . Collin will win a green jacket, just a matter of when. But I am really feeling JT this year.

Who would you pick outside of the top 50 in the OWGR rankings? Todd doesn't have distance but is a #1 in driving accuracy and a decent putter. In reality does anyone expect a dark horse to win?

While I don't expect anyone outside of the top 50 to win, my first choice in that category would be Bubba. He's streaky I know but he has already felt the pressure of The Masters and his 2 green jackets show that he can handle both the course and the pressure. JMHO

While I don't expect anyone outside of the top 50 to win, my first choice in that category would be Bubba. He's streaky I know but he has already felt the pressure of The Masters and his 2 green jackets show that he can handle both the course and the pressure. JMHO
Thats fair and no question bubba has played well there previously. Course history definitely plays a factor.

Im with @ddec and @MWard . Collin will win a green jacket, just a matter of when. But I am really feeling JT this year.

Collin has the ability to, but he also doesn’t know this course left from right yet.

Collin has the ability to, but he also doesn’t know this course left from right yet.

Yeah agreed. This is a hallowed ground that has no replacement for experience. But he has the tools. Augusta rewards great iron play and precise shots into greens.

I will have to question the judgement of someone who would pick " Neck beard button up Bubba"
images.jpeg.jpg
Over "Top Gun Phil"
shades-19-e1608923974143.jpg
🤔 @MWard :p:p:p

You know I love picking Reed for these things. Thanks for keeping his name alive here haha
I'm hoping you can get that 2016 magic going again!

Back