ARCCOS- LINK vs. Apple Watch

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Just received the rest of my sensors from Cobra. I can’t (won’t) tolerate carrying my phone in a front pocket during a round. I prefer my pockets empty. I really would prefer the watch, but the reviews I read here say the watch leaves quite a bit to be desired. What are the latest opinions from the THP members? Apple Watch? If so, what gen? Or the LINK?...

Everything I've heard is the apple watch sucks for this purpose.
That is what I’ve read here. But most of the responses were from early to mid 2020. I’m just wondering if there has been any improvement since then. I own a Fitbit and not an Apple Watch, and the Link is about half the price of a watch.

Everything I've heard is the apple watch sucks for this purpose.
I have had it for a year and never got it to work once with the watch

I really enjoy Arccos, but I haven’t used my Apple Watch enough to have a good opinion. I have read a lot of users saying that Arccos drains the battery in their watch very quickly.

I really didn’t want to have my phone in pocket during a round either (and still don’t, really) but I’ve gotten somewhat used to it as I’ve played more rounds. It’s actually come in somewhat handy when tracking putts or using the Caddie feature.

Link is better than the watch and it’s not close. I still prefer the phone personally. I found myself constantly pulling it out to check yardage or distance anyway.

what I do love about the link is I can use my phone to play music and still track my shots.

I wish Arrcos would release a watch like Shot Scope. It may be a one trick pony but I love it.

There are a lot of differing opinions on the Link - As of right now, I feel it works and does a great job. Does it miss a shot here or there - yea - is it something that I'm going to get worked up about and curse its name? Nope. It gives great data and insight. As a user, it's up to me to go back in and check things over after each round. A few years ago I started with GameGolf sensors and then went to the "pro" sensors that had a Link-syle device - that didn't work at all - like zero. The Link is a much better product and has worked really well for me over the last 6 rounds I've played with it. Keep the sensor uncovered and on the side of your body that hits the ball - I clip it to the bottom of my left pocket and it seems to work fine for me.

Here's a post I made on it earlier this week: https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...rccos-caddie-link-review.8922982/post-9883584

Link is better than the watch and it’s not close. I still prefer the phone personally. I found myself constantly pulling it out to check yardage or distance anyway.

what I do love about the link is I can use my phone to play music and still track my shots.
I really like the Caddy distance suggestions that it gives taking into account the elevation and wind speed.

Watch app isn't great for shot detection, but works fine for distances. I use both... watch app for distances and link for shot detection. Both seem to work great and I don't have to have the phone in my pocket and can happily listen to my playlist

Had my first round with the Link today and it worked almost flawlessly. I had to add two putts and remove one.

The best thing about today was the fact I forgot to charge my phone and got a message my battery on the phone was less than 20% at hole 6. I stopped looking at my phone and just let the link do it’s thing. After the round was over and I got home, I noticed my round had completed and all holes counted. I just had to update a few putts, but very happy with how easy that was.

First round and a win for the link.

Garmin S62 is as easy as anything to track yardages and shots with no sensors needed. Awesome device but pricey at $500. Also is a smart watch so can get tons of usage out of it. No negatives about it except price tag.

Played 2 rounds yesterday. It was colder during the 1st round so I had more layers on. I don't check things during the round so as I checked after round one - Link missed a shot here or there - mainly tap in putts. During round 2 I had fewer layers on, the wind had died down a bit and the Link only missed 1 tap-in putt. Still clipping the Link to the bottom corner of my lead pocket and have had very few issues.

Now - if it could figure out when I'm playing poorly and need to add multiple penalty strokes - it'd be even more amazing! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now - if it could figure out when I'm playing poorly and need to add multiple penalty strokes - it'd be even more amazing!

Once I get my Cobra clubs in and start using it the AI behind it will have plenty of practice learning about penalty strokes LOL!

Update: Realized I had a belt clip for my Apple phone, so I tried using it for my first ARRCOS round, with good results. Kept my pocket empty and was able to detect just about every shot.

Also want to give a shout out to @oumagic, who reached out and offered to let my try using his Link. Im going to try a few rounds with the belt clip, but I will definitely keep your generous offer in mind.

Gotta love the power of THP.

Update: Realized I had a belt clip for my Apple phone, so I tried using it for my first ARRCOS round, with good results. Kept my pocket empty and was able to detect just about every shot.

Also want to give a shout out to @oumagic, who reached out and offered to let my try using his Link. Im going to try a few rounds with the belt clip, but I will definitely keep your generous offer in mind.

He is a good egg

Anytime. A fellow THP’er @McLovin sent me the link and I like it better than just using my phone. You are welcome to borrow it anytime to see what you think

Just received the rest of my sensors from Cobra. I can’t (won’t) tolerate carrying my phone in a front pocket during a round. I prefer my pockets empty. I really would prefer the watch, but the reviews I read here say the watch leaves quite a bit to be desired. What are the latest opinions from the THP members? Apple Watch? If so, what gen? Or the LINK?...
I have the Link and I like it but it is easy to lose. Last round It fell off my shorts didn't notice till I got to the next tee. Luckily the group behind me found it in the fairway. :D

Out of curiosity, can the link be clipped to the brim of a hat? If so, does it work with shot detection at that position ?

Back