Swing Align Goal Post Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
As a high school golf coach, I’m always looking for new techniques and tools to help the kids create more consistency, specifically on the greens. Recently, we at THP received a putting training aid from Swing Align called the Goal Post which claims to help with just that.

Does it deliver? Read on to find out.

Continue reading...

Very interesting aid.

I like that the two components both help reinforce different things as well.

The fact that it won’t fit a Ten/Spider type putter puts me out of the running for it, but great review as always James

That's a interesting device, does the weight have any effect on your stroke?

That looks different and helpful.

It looks pretty light. We’re you able to perceive any additional weight with it on the putter?

Nice review but a little too busy looking for me. prefer the Pelz putting clips. Fit any putter, different sizes-cheaper too.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 8.10.27 AM.png

Interesting training aid there. It definitely looks a little busy but it's for practice and not the course.

@Jman did the work you did with it help out in play? Did you change your stroke?

Nice write up @Jman. With other putter training aid options out there not sure about this one, especially with a $40 price point.

Nice write up @Jman. With other putter training aid options out there not sure about this one, especially with a $40 price point.
Options are definitely good. Thank you for reading!

My only critique is in the article, they need some little rubber or felt pads on the points that contact the putter. If not careful, scratches with it are definitely possible.

I like both actually. The Goal Post adding the bar across the top is a nice accent.
Best part about the bar is it’s adjustable to fit the specific golfers eye position and doesn’t just have to be of the “eyes must be over the ball” school of thought.

Nice review James,. I can see the value in this training aid. Even though the putters I game are not really high end in price, I would still be concerned about the attachment of this device leaving marks.

Nice review James,. I can see the value in this training aid. Even though the putters I game are not really high end in price, I would still be concerned about the attachment of this device leaving marks.
Yeah, it’s a little thing for sure, but I also think it could be an easy fix on their end given the price point.

Nice write up @Jman !

This is interesting. If I combine this with my Putt Out Mat I’ll probably just sit down and cry. Big ugly baby tears... 🤣

My only critique is in the article, they need some little rubber or felt pads on the points that contact the putter. If not careful, scratches with it are definitely possible.

Nice review James!
Pretty cool idea. Price is low enough to try it without feeling a ton of buyer's remorse.

Do you think some electric tape at the contact points could be a solution to eliminating potential scratches? (I know it would be better if they fixed this issue at the factory)

Most importantly Jman - are your HS kids going to be practicing with this?;)

As close together as guide pins are it would have to improve your stroke to get a clean straight ball strike. @Jman is the mounting screw steel. If so a plastic bolt might be a better option. Not like it requires a lot of torque to keep it attached.

Nice review James!
Pretty cool idea. Price is low enough to try it without feeling a ton of buyer's remorse.

Do you think some electric tape at the contact points could be a solution to eliminating potential scratches? (I know it would be better if they fixed this issue at the factory)

Most importantly Jman - are your HS kids going to be practicing with this?;)
I mean, it wouldn’t hurt. But I’ve admittedly as a putter fiend got some finishes I wouldn’t put tape on, but for the majority that for sure would work.

Still then, it does what it intends and does it well.
It’ll frustrate the heck out of you if your stroke is inconsistent.

I actually have one of my girls using it a lot I combo with a standard gate drill!

As close together as guide pins are it would have to improve your stroke to get a clean straight ball strike. @Jman is the mounting screw steel. If so a plastic bolt might be a better option. Not like it requires a lot of torque to keep it attached.
It’s plastic!

Nice write up! I ordered one and I'm looking forward to me and my daughter using it.

Options are definitely good. Thank you for reading!

TBH, the ‘device’ seems a bit flimsy and knowing the attachment may cause scratches I’d have to really sold on performance and utility of training aid. That and an old putter I don’t mind banging around

TBH, the ‘device’ seems a bit flimsy and knowing the attachment may cause scratches I’d have to really sold on performance and utility of training aid. That and an old putter I don’t mind banging around
It’s not flimsy, fwiw.

Back