Today was the first round I put the strategy in to place of not looking at the ball and instead picking out a spot ahead to focus on. It started off a little rough, mainly because these were the first greens I've played this year that weren't like shag carpet. I kept hammering putts past the hole and had two 3 putts on three front.

However, I seemed to hit my spots/lines consistently and didn't decelerate on any putts which is the reason I tried this. On the back I was much better and actually made three really nice putts. I had more putts than normal but that's because of horrible iron play and leaving extremely long first putts. This should be an interesting experiment and I'm throwing it right in to play in a tournament tomorrow.

I'm throwing it right in to play in a tournament tomorrow.
This is my favorite part of the post! Good luck tomorrow sir!

I am have a bit of a hard time deciding. I am grown to really like both of these.

both are unconventional. One more so than the other. The blade honestly has amazing feel. The other feels very easy but does not have great feel.

image.jpg

I am have a bit of a hard time deciding. I am grown to really like both of these.

both are unconventional. One more so than the other. The blade honestly has amazing feel. The other feels very easy but does not have great feel.

View attachment 9002219
I have a solution..

or buy more!!!!
I am thinking it is time for a monogamous relationship with a flatstick. No more playing the field. I am going to figure out which of these two works the best and stick with it for a while..

SAM lab fittings are AMAZING.

I am thinking it is time for a monogamous relationship with a flatstick. No more playing the field. I am going to figure out which of these two works the best and stick with it for a while..
I was all in on this.....

Until I was reminded of the custom I forgot I ordered 9 months ago :ROFLMAO:

SAM lab fittings are AMAZING.
Our golf management company is opening a training studio at one of the courses and they are going to have a SAM lab that members can use. That could be pretty fun to use throughout the year.

I was all in on this.....

Until I was reminded of the custom I forgot I ordered 9 months ago :ROFLMAO:

Lol. Custom what? I am guessing your wife regularly is like

@Jman !! There are some more long boxes by the door”!

Lol. Custom what? I am guessing your wife regularly is like

@Jman !! There are some more long boxes by the door”!
Well, with the job of writing for THP, I’ve got an all the time pass on that one .

It’s a Burns. Was ordered long long ago and just got delayed with his shop move and covid, not to mention we were shooting for something really monolithic for a while, but both sides agreed some adaptations needed to be made.

Well, with the job of writing for THP, I’ve got an all the time pass on that one .

It’s a Burns. Was ordered long long ago and just got delayed with his shop move and covid, not to mention we were shooting for something really monolithic for a while, but both sides agreed some adaptations needed to be made.

oh... I am super jealous. I have been oogling a burns for a while..

its marvelous...
Raw carbon steel so the body will rust, face will be copper insert WITH pyramids which should be absurdly soft. Going to put the Kinetixx ZERO TRQ into it.

Raw carbon steel so the body will rust, face will be copper insert WITH pyramids which should be absurdly soft. Going to put the Kinetixx ZERO TRQ into it.

that all sounds very tasty..

32 putts with the Chicago today. Not my best day but it was easy adjusting from the Vegas. You can tell the difference in feel between the Chicago and the Vegas. The Vegas having more behind the face makes a big difference. I was able to tell a couple times that I hit off center on the Chicago and could feel and see the difference in the roll it produced.

I’ve been putting really well with the WH 1ws...until today. Six freaking 3putts. I was so mad with myself. It’s in time out for a little. New grip for the Chicago gets here this week so I can’t wait to get it on and get it back in the rotation.

I’ve been putting really well with the WH 1ws...until today. Six freaking 3putts. I was so mad with myself. It’s in time out for a little. New grip for the Chicago gets here this week so I can’t wait to get it on and get it back in the rotation.
six of them eh? What happened?

six of them eh? What happened?
Two of them were because of really long distance putts and I had pace issues. Two more, the pins were cut on hills and unfortunately left myself down hill putts. unless I made the putt, it was going way past and had long come backs. The other two were just burning edges on the second putt and leaving tap in thirds. It was a hard day :LOL:

Two of them were because of really long distance putts and I had pace issues. Two more, the pins were cut on hills and unfortunately left myself down hill putts. unless I made the putt, it was going way past and had long come backs. The other two were just burning edges on the second putt and leaving tap in thirds. It was a hard day :LOL:
Sounds like it wasn’t bad putting so much as it was just golf.

I played on tough, fast Bermuda greens with a lot of movement and the single line Ten really held its own. It was hard to make any longer putts but i was draining all the 4-6 footers to help me win the match with my good friend

Back