Cobra KING Tour Irons with MIM Technology

I tried to find the copper and only found the MB. The King Tours remind me of something after really thinking about them on a drive home yesterday. When I look at the size I think “iBlade.”

I tried to find the copper and only found the MB. The King Tours remind me of something after really thinking about them on a drive home yesterday. When I look at the size I think “iBlade.”
RF blades or why bother?😉🤣🤣

RF blades or why bother?😉🤣🤣

I can carry the RF blade 155 max. I have tried them. I'm about a club shorter and I can't afford to give that up with my irons. When hit well, they are amazing. If not in the center, they hurt. I wish I had the game for them.

I'm 95% sure these will be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. The question is to copper or not to copper? I can't find them anywhere to have a look see.

I’m going to go with copper just for the dull finish when the PVD wears.

Touché. These subsequent releases of something more cool irritate me. I would so much rather have the copper and would have waited had I known. I can’t justify selling mine simply to get the copper. Lots of other companies do this as a way to regenerate enthusiasm in a current release, so I shouldn’t feel differently in this instance. I guess I was voicing my hope that it wouldn’t happen here, but I am surely happy for those who get to have the copper in this awesome set of irons.
I actually think the chrome looks equally as good. And I hate polished chrome traditionally.

I'm 95% sure these will be in my bag for the Morgan Cup. The question is to copper or not to copper? I can't find them anywhere to have a look see.
Hmm. I say you legit can’t go wrong. But my heart is happy you’re going with these. They’re amazing.

The one thing that might be considered beyond cosmetics is something I mentioned previously. On Cobra’s website, your order can request that the lofts be adjusted weak or strong in the chrome, but not with the copper. I ordered my MIM irons one degree strong, just to give me a few more yards through the set and to allow me to go from a 28* 6 iron into a 24* Utility or hybrid. If either of those is a consideration for anybody, it might be worth checking with Cobra to see if this situation is similar to the black wedges, which Cobra did not want to adjust.

Last edited:
The one thing that might be considered beyond cosmetics is something I mentioned previously. On Cobra’s website, you can order have the lofts adjusted weak or strong in the chrome, but not with the copper. I ordered my MIM irons one degree strong, just to give me a few more yards through the set and to allow me to go from a 28* 6 iron into a 24* Utility or hybrid. If either of those is a consideration for anybody, it might be worth checking with Cobra to see if this situation is similar to the black wedges, which Cobra did not want to adjust.
This is fair. I think for many though if they get these they expect wear, so getting them bent somewhere and dealing with a little marring isn’t a biggie. But yeah, not being done from cobra is interesting.

I actually think the chrome looks equally as good. And I hate polished chrome traditionally.
The chrome does look fantastic as well, but that copper...

Agree. But....wear vs pretty much indestructible?
That is a very valid point. Why do you always make so much sense?

Agree. But....wear vs pretty much indestructible?
This is my where my mind is on these. I've lent my set out countless times (and to a couple guys who had some rough days out there, lol) and they look near mint. Copper is cool, but the chrome sets of these will look like pure class for a long time.

Well, whether copper or chrome, what is not subjective is that my best scores of the last six months have been with these irons in the bag. My swing has gone through some major fluctuations, but I keep coming back to these and I keep having solid ball striking days with them in the bag.

The chrome finish holding up makes it hard to go away from them. The copper will likely have a rustic classic use loom by end of season. Someone has to test this. I volunteer.

The chrome finish holding up makes it hard to go away from them. The copper will likely have a rustic classic use loom by end of season. Someone has to test this. I volunteer.
HAHA! I love that you'll take one for the team on this one.

Well, whether copper or chrome, what is not subjective is that my best scores of the last six months have been with these irons in the bag. My swing has gone through some major fluctuations, but I keep coming back to these and I keep having solid ball striking days with them in the bag.
They're EXCELLENT, and under talked about. If not for how my year set up (which I am still over the moon about), I wouldn't have strayed from them. To me, the 921 Forged and these are just ABSURDLY good.

I’m definitely going copper. I am one that doesn’t mind the wear. I think they will look good with some wear on them!

I’m definitely going copper. I am one that doesn’t mind the wear. I think they will look good with some wear on them!
I think with some.....good-ish strike pattern wear, they'll look even better. I cant wait to see them when you get them!

Why should I worry about wear? Let’s be honest as an internet golfer they probably won’t be in the bag more than a year right? 🤣🤣

HAHA! I love that you'll take one for the team on this one.

I’ve hit the lottery with the Golden Ticket. I was buying a set of these regardless. No reason not to give the copper a run. I like it on the MB

Why should I worry about wear? Let’s be honest as an internet golfer they probably won’t be in the bag more than a year right? 🤣🤣
Just win...and the rest takes care of itself, right?

Six months sound about right.

Back