The 2021 Morgan Cup with Cobra PUMA Golf: Want To Be A Tour Player

First time out this year, only had a couple of hours so I just played 9. Glad that's all, very hilly course and my calves are killing me! Real happy with my play with only 3 range sessions this spring under my belt, been a long time since Nov.! 2 birdies, 3 bogies and, 1 double for a 3 over 39 playing at 3255 yards. Found 5 bunkers, 2 fairway and 3 green side, and was able to get up and down on 2 of them. Next time I am going to try for more bunkers to give me practice playing in the desert! 😎

I play that long all the time. Still long, hence the headcovers in my bag. 😂
Hahaha same as me. My course is about that off the back tees so I’m Team Headcover as well 😂

It's equipment ordering day!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
It's equipment ordering day!
Doing the last minute double/triple/quadruple check! Panic mode engaged!:oops:

Going to be a fun day. The best advice i can give is to not go crazy but pick a set that allows you to play your best golf. If you experiment too much it could cost you!!

Orders done. GolferGal says they have been placed. Time to get back to golf and trash talk.

Orders done. GolferGal says they have been placed. Time to get back to golf and trash talk.

Did anyone keep track of the final order break down?

radspeed vs FT vs tour MIM?
OL vs VL?
Copper vs boring?
new members on the 7w mafia?
any wedges over 60*?

Did anyone keep track of the final order break down?

radspeed vs FT vs tour MIM?
OL vs VL?
Copper vs boring?
new members on the 7w mafia?
any wedges over 60*?
There are only 11 orders posted in the thread.

4 OL
7 copper
4 7 woods

I mostly talked about the 7w ponder to make my captain nervous ;)
7 woods are easy to hit. I have had 2 of them. Way easier than a 3 iron and quite a bit easier than a hybrid IMO.

7 woods are easy to hit. I have had 2 of them. Way easier than a 3 iron and quite a bit easier than a hybrid IMO.

I don't disagree. I am just a slow adopter. Dipping my toe in the water by adding a 5 wood to the bag, first time carrying both a 3 and 5.

Plus, since Hidekei won I had to stick to my Master's statements. Justin Rose needed to make a back nine charge for me to add the 7 wood over the 4 hybrid :LOL:

always interesting to hear different view points. I tried to stretch to a 5w for the MC last year and it never made the final bag. I've recently pulled the 3w out as well because nothing good ever comes out of me hitting that thing either. I find irons and hybrids quite a bit easier to hit.

The best way to thank JB is with a big hug when you see him 🙂
:LOL: Also to make sure the Morgan Cup is better than ever and returns for another year!

always interesting to hear different view points. I tried to stretch to a 5w for the MC last year and it never made the final bag. I've recently pulled the 3w out as well because nothing good ever comes out of me hitting that thing either. I find irons and hybrids quite a bit easier to hit.

That’s where I am at as well. I ordered a 5W but kept 2 hybrids in the order to fill the role, depending on how I hit them! May just end up with the 5W teeing off

It is weird. Maybe I am an odd duck. I love fairway woods. They have been a club I have always hit well since I started golfing. Heck I hit a Big Bertha Warbird 5 wood from 1996 till 2015 because I hit it so well I never considered grabbing another one.

It is weird. Maybe I am an odd duck. I love fairway woods. They have been a club I have always hit well since I started golfing. Heck I hit a Big Bertha Warbird 5 wood from 1996 till 2015 because I hit it so well I never considered grabbing another one.

Maybe the shallowness of the swing and its wide sole glides off the turf?
Guessing of course, as I have only seen you swing for a couple of rounds.

Maybe the shallowness of the swing and its wide sole glides off the turf?
Guessing of course, as I have only seen you swing for a couple of rounds.
Probably. I hit them high and strait. That's the only type of club anyone ever says "WOW" to when I hit it LOL! Well sometimes they say "wow" in all lower case cause it was bad.

Probably. I hit them high and strait. That's the only type of club anyone ever says "WOW" to when I hit it LOL! Well sometimes they say "wow" in all lower case cause it was bad.

Think about this. You are on the verge of the most amazing golf weekend you will arguably ever have.
Its April 12th and you have half a year. You could literally be a scratch golfer by then and grab a chance to come back.

Think about this. You are on the verge of the most amazing golf weekend you will arguably ever have.
Its April 12th and you have half a year. You could literally be a scratch golfer by then and grab a chance to come back.
I'm working on it. I have worked on my balance this winter and finding a good stable feeling at address. Been working on my back swing and particularly my transition as I just never thought about that stuff. My big work has been letting the club load and then starting the swing. I am hitting the ball more consistently but scoring has not started rounding the corner yet. I hope to make a run at a 12 or 13 handicap this year. I am super excited to use OL clubs this year. It's a great honor to share that journey as I know there are a ton of questions.

Hopefully I don't get so good I don't need a 7 wood anymore 😂

I'm working on it. I have worked on my balance this winter and finding a good stable feeling at address. Been working on my back swing and particularly my transition as I just never thought about that stuff. My big work has been letting the club load and then starting the swing. I am hitting the ball more consistently but scoring has not started rounding the corner yet. I hope to make a run at a 12 or 13 handicap this year. I am super excited to use OL clubs this year. It's a great honor to share that journey as I know there are a ton of questions.

Hopefully I don't get so good I don't need a 7 wood anymore 😂
With the swing work, scoring will round into place. Immortality as a Morgan Cup champion is an amazing motivator. Grab a lesson for another set of eyeballs and you will be ready.

It’s been since high school since I’ve last played a 5 wood, looking forward to it.

With the swing work, scoring will round into place. Immortality as a Morgan Cup champion is an amazing motivator. Grab a lesson for another set of eyeballs and you will be ready.

Morgan Cup immortality... I mean...nothing really on the line @DataDude :oops:

Back