CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

I would pick the CSX without hesitation

Very surprised at this result

6469011E-DCD0-442D-BC7E-177D75C5EC73.jpeg

Current gamer is dependent on temps. Sub 55° its CSTT. Above 55° it CSxLSTT
selector returned 3 options screen shots below CS, CSTT and CSxTT. Haven’t tried the regular CSx with the new driver yet. Will this week to see results.
2D8D0F1D-B49E-4F06-BFA4-F13B66776C42.png844E6EC6-8758-425A-92F2-8C72EEBE3F86.png6FE66009-4FE2-4C0D-926F-E6C6A3B8848B.png

I wish there was a softer ball with higher compression, not just with Callaway...anyone. My preference is a softer feel but I lose a lot of things going softer.

I know I have to choose harder balls and when that is selected the X comes up. If I choose softer, the soft comes up. Both that way no matter the other criteria. Seems pretty accurate.

Screenshot_20210415-055513_Chrome.jpg

I love Chrome Soft particularly the one with triple track. Wouldn’t you know it, I’m playing the same ball they recommend. #chromesoft4thewinIMG_1936.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome soft would have been my chase. Looks like they were one of the ones to be recommended as well!

awesome contest as always!

9C5FEDAD-68C6-412C-B66F-B0D81C66EA7C.png

The ball I would have chosen for myself is the CSX LS. After reading the feedback on that ball here on the forum I bought a dozen to try out. After playing a few sleeves of them I think they’re on par performance wise with my current ball of choice. However:

47EE7C22-5502-46E2-971B-032C54ACB36A.png
The ball selector disagrees. Chrome Soft original recipe appears to be the ball I should be playing, based on the selector tool. While tools like this can certainly provide a good fit I would cherish the opportunity to have a set of experienced eyes watch me hit different balls and tell me which one is best for me.

I would pick the YELLOW Chrome Soft Triple Track and the Online Selector determined the same! Makes me very happy. 😀

04E20185-B2BB-4708-9AD4-48BD773B5A43.png

Based on the characteristics of the Chrome Soft lineup, I would personally select the X LS. The ball fitting tool says Chrome Soft however.

1618490401844.png

I would prefer lower launch/spin characteristics with a straight ball flight. X LS seems to fit the bill.
1618490443072.png

So awesome! 🔥 Good luck everyone!
I have tried both Chrome Soft and Chrome Soft X, and I believe Chrome Soft is the ball for me.
Aaaaaaaand sure enough that was the #1 selection on the tool.
1618490641424.png :cool:

Before doing the tool I would have picked the chrome soft and it picked the exact same one I would have. It's nice to see it on the fitting tool reiterate what I thought I should be playing.

Screenshot_20210415-090049.png

If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2021 edition is coming and we have the captains and 6 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #2 of the new year and you could join them.

View attachment 9002930

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway HQ
Meet R&D
Play Golf against Callaway
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Callaway has a full lineup of golf balls and part of that is the Chrome Soft Family. It is made up of Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X and Chrome Soft X LS. They also have a pretty neat golf ball selector that can be found here.

Qualifying
You must be a 2021 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
We want to know which golf ball you would select from the Chrome Soft Family and if it matches what is selected from the online ball selector tool. Entering is pretty easy. Choose the ball you think you would play in the event and then go through the online ball selector and once it offers the golf ball for you, take a screen shot.

View attachment 9002933

Then in a post below, tell us which ball you selected before hand and what the online tool selected for you.
That is it. Then sit back and see if you get your ticket punched to the Grandaddy of em All!

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open until early next week and then we will close the thread and announce the latest participant.

I’m currently battling ballooning ball flight, so I would have selected for myself the CSX LS.
However, the tool recommended the regular Chrome Soft.

I’m not terribly surprised in the discrepancy. I know very little about golf balls.

Attachments

• B2789513-E736-4C2D-BCE7-BB1914DA7BCB.png
    B2789513-E736-4C2D-BCE7-BB1914DA7BCB.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 4
I thought it would tell me Chrome Soft X which was option 2&3, Chrome Soft was option 1 and X was option 2&3. Love the triple track on there though.

ball 1.png
ball 2.png

calloway.png

I love the Chrome Soft Triple track and that is what came up in the selector. I played with the setting trying to see what combo would get the ERC but I gave up after 6 or 7 tries.
All of them were Chrome Soft. Yellow was 3.

I wish they would make a Truvis but figure out a way to put the Triple Track on it that would be awesome!

Last edited:
Well looks like the majority of us will have to mark our balls if we play together.
Selector tool is accurate, I do hit the Chrome longer especially with Irons.

Good luck everyone and thanks for the opportunity. ThP & Callaway.

96a7526c5746677c9f6bce188f5a7a5a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

I currently play Chrome Soft, and that's what I think I would play in the event (CS XLS is a ball I'd like to try out for sure though).

The fitting tool recommends Chrome Soft:

1618499898494.png

And the contests keep rolling in. Awesome

in

Attachments

• EB77EFE8-4CC5-4051-9D50-12AA8F560338.jpeg
    EB77EFE8-4CC5-4051-9D50-12AA8F560338.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3
Going into this, I would have selected the Chrome Soft X. I have played the Chrome Soft X Triple Track for an extended run, and really liked the ball itself, although I did not use the Triple Track alignment aid as much as I probably should have. I think I should give it another go.

However, the selection tool suggested the Chrome Soft should be my ball. So if I give the Triple Track another run, it will be in a CS ball.

Cal Bal.png

* New Albatross Club Member *

My ball of choice before using the Callaway online selector was Chrome Soft Truvis.
I must be playing the right ball since that's what the selector also recommended 1st.

The Golf Ball- 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf.jpg

Like others have noted, I’m not sure the X LS is in there, but it’s interesting how many (myself included) were expecting the tool to pick the CSX, but ended up with the CS.

Like others have noted, I’m not sure the X LS is in there, but it’s interesting how many (myself included) were expecting the tool to pick the CSX, but ended up with the CS.
I have a working theory about this but would have to play with the tool more to see how it holds up.

Last edited:
oh boy, I hold my head in shame. Perhaps I need more lessons. I've played many Callaway balls and am most comfortable with the CSX. Seems to fit my game well, and have had a lot of good results. I tried the ball selector and it told me to try the SuperSoft Magna. I feel so inept today.

Back