CONTEST The Golf Ball: 2021 Grandaddy of em All with Callaway Golf

Scanning through i don't see anyone for the LS, thought that would've been a frequent result

I have a working theory about this but would have to play with the tool more to see how it holds up.
Color me intrigued! What’s the theory?

Before I did the online fitting I thought I’d be fit into the X LS. After doing the fitting I ended up with the X. I knew I wouldn’t want or wouldn’t be fitted in to the CS, I’ve tried playing it and it just spins off the planet for me on full shots but it did feel green around the green and putting. I haven’t yet tried the new CS X but had heard good things, just thought it still might spin too much for me so I went to the far end of the spectrum. Looking forward to trying both balls out and seeing if they can kick the v1x outta the bag F895B053-2B0E-4372-9D87-E6EB43B0BFFE.png

Scanning through i don't see anyone for the LS, thought that would've been a frequent result

I was thinking the same thing. I thought more people could benefit from that, myself included.

Color me intrigued! What’s the theory?
Mostly about which inputs are weighted most heavily in the decision. I don’t have the time (or bandwidth) to really figure it out right now. I do tend to geek out over stuff like this though. I should probably just grab another sleeve of the LS and go play instead.

Lots of great ball fittings! I love the CS line of balls ans hope all of you give them a try as your gamer. Triple Track tech is real as well!!

I chose the CSX, and the ball selector tool chose CSX for me as well.
I am a big TaylorMade guy, so I have been playing TP5xs for a while now, but my cousin recently gave me a couple sleeves of the CSXs and I fell in love immediately. I am a longer hitter (trying to be humble) but that being said the spin I get from this ball through the middle and long irons in my bag, lets me go for greens without fear of not holding them, as well as not sacrificing driving distance and green side control. All round the best ball in the game right now above TM and Titleist in my books.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.40.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 5.40.26 PM.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 2
I figured I was a CSX guy, but the online selector disagrees:
Callaway.JPG

I think I would choose the Chrome Soft X LS to lower my spin off the tee and with my irons.

Attachments

• 02AFACF7-C619-43D1-BB97-52AEB1FC0E08.png
    02AFACF7-C619-43D1-BB97-52AEB1FC0E08.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 2
I haven't played many Callaway balls lately as I was gifted a couple dozen ProV1 boxes, but after looking through the new lineup I imagined I would play the Chrome Soft X LS balls. The Callaway selector put me in the Chrome Soft which I should have expected as I am an original flavor type guy.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Callaway.png

I think I would play the Truvis

1618527369775.png

I still think I would play the truvis version but it did like the Chrome Soft so I was spot on there.

I predicted Chrome Soft...and was right!Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 7.20.58 PM.png

Chrome Soft is what I would have selected, and as luck would have it that’s also what the Callaway Tool Selector recommended for me

Attachments

• 37CE52BB-A64C-4DD3-92B4-109BF807DAAD.png
    37CE52BB-A64C-4DD3-92B4-109BF807DAAD.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
This has been so much fun to read so far.

I’m always happy to see who picks right or who after using the selector tool gets a whole new realization.

I picked the chrome soft triple track before hand and would you look at that!Screenshot_20210415-141927.png

I currently play the Callaway ERC Soft Yellow Triple Track. I mainly use this over CS because of the cost. Looking to jump up to Chromesoft for Grandaddy I would probably use the Chromesoft Yellow Triple Track.

Hot damn my thoughts were spot on. Callaway says I should be using the Chromesoft Yellow Triple Track.
1618532653121.png

I usually play chrome soft truvis, so that was my pick. The tool chose chrome soft for me too, woohoo!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210416-101811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210416-101811_Chrome.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
Lets go folks! No reason not to give the ball fitter a try and get you name in the pop for a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

B4DDE76E-6EDF-4589-8C34-947D447020E3.jpeg

I originally picked the Chrome Soft X LS, due to being a higher spin player with my irons. However, the selector tool provided this option and I did hit them pretty dang good! I’ve had my eye on the LS ball and will be giving them a shot. Best of luck to everyone who has entered!

D91C2E85-1D3B-4142-BA55-6266C08DC60A.jpeg

Love seeing all these responses!! I’m surprised to see so many CS - but then maybe that’s just a sign of how versatile the ball is!

Keep ‘em coming!

I’m surprised to see so many CS - but then maybe that’s just a sign of how versatile the ball is!
I agree. I wonder if it's because most players want High Launch, Low Spin off the driver. I know or think I do, LOL!! That matches with the CS.

Last edited:
Back