These look fantastic. I'll always have a soft spot for Ben Hogan. One of my favorite sets were some Apex Edge's. Forgiving, felt great, fantastic irons. Then they got sold to Callaway and it seemed a lot of the tech moved to that line.

It's also interesting that they are putting true forged faces on them. This seemed to start when Mizuno when to Boron faces on the MX line and has carried over to other manufactures who use thin faces on forged bodies. I play a set of ZX5s and love them.. But if I am being honest, the feel is not the same as a true one piece forging. It's the trade off we make for 'hot' iron distances.

I just wonder if the forged cavity back market has got a bit too crowded for Hogan to find their way back in.

A little something you hogan fans might like..
These past two weeks , I have lent the Icon 7i demo to 6 golfers. On the range and on the course. One was a fairly accomplished player, one was struggling. The rest like myself looking to shave a lot of strokes.

All but one could hit the Icon quite well. Distance decent to very good, and overall expected accuracy.

managed to put the ball on the green a few times myself, lol.

so 5 out of 6 could hit this”blade” !
Interesting and food for thought.
Demo it !

Last edited:
Fwiw, I think thier online buying is the perfect opportunity to customize a set. Yet they are failing to see that.
You can’t buy for instance a set that’s Ptx pro 4,5,6 then with Icon 7,8,9,P.
Wonder what the EX combo set might be.
Also with online only, why won’t they sell an individual.. replacement iron. That does not seem to jive, and can only hurt them.
Edit to say I am thankful that they are “back” and in Ft. Worth.

Last edited:
For those following this thread, do not forget we have something awesome coming with Hogan this year in the forum of an Experience. You will not want to miss it.

My 5th anniversary is coming up soon! I bought my wife a diamond band to add to her wedding set! Maybe I can drop some hints as to what I would like!:unsure:

Looking for the iron lengths. Lofts are right where I like them. Going to inquire with Club Champions here in Vegas about hitting them and get fit for them.

Looking for the iron lengths. Lofts are right where I like them. Going to inquire with Club Champions here in Vegas about hitting them and get fit for them.

ClubLoftLengthLieTour V Swing WeightTour 90 / Recoil Swing WeightDynamic Gold Swing WeightLeading / Trailing V-Sole BounceOffset
420°39.00”60.00°D2D1D410° / 2°.230
524°38.25”61.00°D2D1D412° / 3°.218
628°37.50”62.00°D2D1D412° / 3°.207
732°37.00”62.50°D2D1D414° / 3°.195
836°36.50”63.00°D2D1D414° / 3°.183
940°36.00”63.50°D2D1D418° / 4°.172
PW44°35.75”64.00°D3D2D518° / 4°.160

Thanks JBC III

We are creeping closer to May which is when these are supposed to ship. Anyone else excited?

I'll reiterate what @JDax said. Had these been available last November they would be in my bag. I love the PTX Pros, and hope to do them justice this year, but given the state of my game the added forgiveness would be welcome :LOL:

We are creeping closer to May which is when these are supposed to ship. Anyone else excited?
I’m looking forward to seeing what people have to say about these...

Nice write up @ddec cant wait to see how they perform for you, I think they will be good

Looking forward to reading about guys that purchased these!

has anyone made the jump on these?

has anyone made the jump on these?
I will put my order in around Memorial Day so hopefully they arrive by Father’s Day!

What shafts?
I hate to disappoint, but TT DG!:oops: I wanted to see if they will help bring my trajectory down.

Back