Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

I decided not to wait, although I will almost certainly have a lengthy waiting period for shipment. max ls with ventus black ordered. :love:
That is awesome!!!!!

Called my fitter for an update on my order yesterday only to hear him say that my shipping date has been moved back to May 6th due to Epic Max LS 9 degree heads and Recoil shafts being on backorder. Can anyone confirm this? Seems strange to me that an OEM could be backordered on their brand new product. Order was placed on 3/24 and am hoping to have my new clubs before my May golf trip.

That is awesome!!!!!

I don't think I have ever been more excited to get a new club. I kept hitting that combo and then trying different shafts and/or heads and then coming back to that setup. I was giggling after every swing. Even at the end of nearly 2 hours on the sim, I was still hitting it well. Sold.

I don't think I have ever been more excited to get a new club. I kept hitting that combo and then trying different shafts and/or heads and then coming back to that setup. I was giggling after every swing. Even at the end of nearly 2 hours on the sim, I was still hitting it well. Sold.
Yep I will be getting pops!!!!

Anybody know what the wait time is for these?
I returned my Epic Max this Monday under playability, and ordered one with a different shaft....
I’m a lefty, so assuming a month?

Finally, finally, finally it has arrived! I can't wait to test it out on the course soon. My 3 wood still shows backordered but hopefully it ships soon as well. Couldn't even get the plastic off for the pic . 20210414_163627.jpg20210414_164811.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Anybody know what the wait time is for these?
I returned my Epic Max this Monday under playability, and ordered one with a different shaft....
I’m a lefty, so assuming a month?

Ordered my second LH Epic Max on 4/5, it shipped on 4/9. Had it a couple of days later. Callaway still seems to be pumping these out pretty quickly.

Let's assess the facts here. You and @Snickerdog both want pops.

1. You both hold a lower hc than me.
2. You both regularly post lower scores than me.
3. My scores so far this year are a step backwards from last year.

Should i just send both of you my bank account information now? :rolleyes:

Ventus Black 7X, just goes and goes..

Ventus Black 7X, just goes and goes..

Such an interesting shaft. My previous fav was a rogue white 130 msi 70X that I was fit into with a Mav Max. Too much spin with that head, but the shaft always felt great. I still love playing the 80X in that shaft with my mav sz 3w. The ventus black 7x is much smoother while staying crazy stable. I was hitting it today against the ventus black 6s, ad hd 6x, and ad xc 6x. It wasn't even a fair contest. 👍

Such an interesting shaft. My previous fav was a rogue white 130 msi 70X that I was fit into with a Mav Max. Too much spin with that head, but the shaft always felt great. I still love playing the 80X in that shaft with my mav sz 3w. The ventus black 7x is much smoother while staying crazy stable. I was hitting it today against the ventus black 6s, ad hd 6x, and ad xc 6x. It wasn't even a fair contest. 👍
This is all very interesting. I liked the Rogue White 130 more than I thought I would. Played the 70X in my 3W for most of last year and could play it in driver. I have a tipped Ventus Black 6S that I never really played much though because it never really beat out the RDX Black 6.5. I grabbed a Ventus Black 6X with one of my customs earlier this year though and have been grooving it in pretty much all my heads. I also have an XC 6X and for what they say the profile is it feels miles different than a Ventus Black.

This is all very interesting. I liked the Rogue White 130 more than I thought I would. Played the 70X in my 3W for most of last year and could play it in driver. I have a tipped Ventus Black 6S that I never really played much though because it never really beat out the RDX Black 6.5. I grabbed a Ventus Black 6X with one of my customs earlier this year though and have been grooving it in pretty much all my heads. I also have an XC 6X and for what they say the profile is it feels miles different than a Ventus Black.

There is something about the ventus black 7 that is different than the 6. I wasn’t able to hit both in the same flex, but the 7x loads better and feels smoother to me than the 6s. I did also order a ventus black 7s. At 108 swing speed the 7x seems like too much for me, but from 3 sessions there is nothing to give me any worry. I will like playing around with both. I am pragmatic and happiest to let on course outcomes finalize choices.

I do not like the softer handle of the ad xc. It makes the rest of the shaft feel a little harsh. I struggled to close the face with it. Ad hd was much more balanced for me. Very consistent. That’s a shaft I will grab if I see a deal.

Oh so now you want to gamble too!!! Feel like I am being suckered into coming up to Montana.
Probably be like it was at the Grandaddy and playing @Luke WilliamsCG and being 50 yards behind him off every tee box but the par 3's.
But if you want play some skins, I'm up for that my friend. :golf2:

Ordered my second LH Epic Max on 4/5, it shipped on 4/9. Had it a couple of days later. Callaway still seems to be pumping these out pretty quickly.
Thanks. This makes me happy!

Callaway makes an attractive 7 wood in Epic Speed - pics later.

No option left untouched ;)

I was going left and right today but it wasn’t bad at all. I was still in the first cut of rough and had a shot into the green most times. Best drive of the day and so far with the Max LS was on hole 18. Popped it out to 300 yards. As soon as I hit it I knew it was long. When you hit the screws of the LS the sound is so pleasing!

News from the range in an endless quest for speed and fairways.:whistle:

One learns a lot from experimenting. Shaft, driver, swing weight - everything is a balance and what works for one driver does not work for another.

Set Speed and Max in stock settings.

Max 9 degrees @ 45 inches in the Accra 200 series shaft and lead tape at D5. Wasn't happy with it, kept smothering it more than straightening it. Stripped off the lead tape and voila - higher and straight. Discovered that lead tape also muted the natural sound of the Max - it had felt more like the Speed. Without the lead tape, the sound was obvious and was a mid pitch but not loud, just more obvious. The Speed is too muted for some - to me, it's soft.

The Accra 200 series versus Riptide - Accra is a bit tighter, the Riptide feels smoother/softer. Need to start taking data at my next lesson.

The Max is more forgiving than Speed - one can tell (once the lead tape was stripped off the Max to get it to approx. D4). But maybe it's the Speed/Riptide Combo, it still bombs straight, high and feels soft (to me) even at D5. The Golfworx 8g weight fits well in the Speed as did the 11g from BillyBobs.

Still working on my swing, I did notice that I need 2X a week at the range while working on a new swing or not.

I like both of these drivers. Still early in the game at what I'm going to do with them in terms of shaft and setup - need Trackman data.

In two weeks, another lesson and on Trackman- and will look at what TPT has for a shaft. They have a new Blue line that is lighter.
What’s the stock weight in the Speed head weigh?

I’m in ponder mode on the Speed. Mainly for something new and shiny. But after hitting 12/14 FIR Sunday with my Mavrik I’m hard pressed to switch.

Well, my bag is finally full. 2 days after my speed showed up I got my 3 wood with smoke black RDX. I'll get to test them at my sim league Sunday so I'll report back my feedback after I hit these beauty's!

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

CC driver fitting Monday and hope to try these and see what happens. Can’t wait.

CC driver fitting Monday and hope to try these and see what happens. Can’t wait.
I know you really enjoy your G400 Max, but I think this line will appeal to you. Look forward to the results.

I know you really enjoy your G400 Max, but I think this line will appeal to you. Look forward to the results.

i agree with snicks. if you liked the 400 max, i really think you'll love the epic max. mav max was a very good driver, but personally it did not outperform the 400 max. epic max is absolutely a better driver for me than 400 max was. it's so much more neutral, more forgiving, sounds better, looks better, and on and on and on.

For the first week of league, I had the hosel settings at -1 and D, but it did seem like ball flight was slightly low. I'll try the settings at S and D next week and see how that works. I'm hoping maybe I'll get a touch more distance and more draw.

Back