Bridgestone e12 Contact Golf Balls

Oh, also, some of my HS girls and younger (freshmen) boys are playing this one:

DFC0C5BA-D02E-4D26-BC12-1A4F209843A5.jpeg43E7BB93-18EC-4BF5-9C1A-056F44922447.jpeg69A8307D-6D0E-4C03-9E2C-74445C247E99.jpeg

I really like the dimple pattern and technology on this ball, and I am speaking in more of an aesthetic mannor. The ball looks like it would travel far, at least in my mind, lol.

Used these balls for the first time today during a round. I really like the feel of these balls from driver to putter. I played the e12 speed prior because my swing speed is about 110mph. Decided to give these a try today, I will be switching to the contact. They cost about 5 bucks more the dozen, well worth it.

I've played 15 rounds with the e12 Contact now, so a decent sample size in the books. For me they're longer off the driver and FW, but play roughly the same distance as other balls off my irons. I prefer a softer feeling ball, and I love the feel of the e12 Contact off every club from top to bottom of the bag. Definitely without a doubt a very straight ball - they do a good job taming the directional misses unless you put a really bad swing on them. I've lost 2 balls in 15 rounds, which I'm sure must be some kind of record for me, so they seem easier to keep in play. As a side benefit, keeping balls in play has given me the chance to assess their durability, and they've held up well - I haven't had to pull one ball out of the bag yet because it became unplayable due to scuffs or damage. The matte cover does attract dirt, but it's easily wiped off and they don't get dingy looking. I'm playing the matte green balls, which are closer to an "optic yellow" in other balls but with a slight greenish tint - they're easy to track in flight and easy to find on the ground. The color is also just different enough that it makes ID'ing your ball easy if you're playing with others using yellow balls.

About the only thing negative I could say about them would have to do with greenside spin - and it's not a big deal to me because I'm not a high spin player and it fits my game to allow for runout on my chips and pitches. They'll hold the green well enough on approach shots, but if you hunt pins and want an immediate drop and stop, or want to zip the ball back, this is not your ball. The greenside performance occasionally bites me on shortsided chips/pitches, but I can deal with it in exchange for all the offsetting positives the ball offers me.

Probably not the ideal ball for the golfer who relies on firing at pins and stopping the ball quickly, and probably not optimal for high swing speed guys who don't want/need a softer/lower spin ball - but if you're not in one of those two categories, I think it's a great ball for the price and worth a try. It's going to remain my gamer for the foreseeable future.

These are what the website fitted me into. I hope to give them a try one of these days. Currently play Cally SS/ Kirklands.

These are what the website fitted me into. I hope to give them a try one of these days. Currently play Cally SS/ Kirklands.
The Supersoft was my ball before the e12 Contact. I was very fond of the Supersoft, but like the e12 Contact even better.

My kids are really enjoying these. 3 of the starting girls play them (others are in RX) and in BIG BIG winds yesterday they performed impressively well!

I was playing the e12 soft last year, and they seemed like a great ball, sadly, kindo of loaded up on balls right now, though the contact may be my next ball I try.

I am curious what they used as a constant to get the "38% more contact" figure.

Also wouldn't this potentially reduce any backspin on wedges?

I was playing the e12 soft last year, and they seemed like a great ball, sadly, kindo of loaded up on balls right now, though the contact may be my next ball I try.

I am curious what they used as a constant to get the "38% more contact" figure.

Also wouldn't this potentially reduce any backspin on wedges?
Key to remember there is wedges aren’t compressed at the same speeds as the longer clubs that will see the 38%.

Into greens I’ve seen good height and descent, and the expected reactions given the cover. Closer to the green there is the expected roll out, but anything 3/4 and above swing wise sits really really well.

We have a really good video coming up soon on these.

Oh, also, some of my HS girls and younger (freshmen) boys are playing this one:

View attachment 9000673View attachment 9000674View attachment 9000675
This type of dimple pattern looks great to my eye, but Topflite has been using a similar technology. Topflite has dimple in dimple pattern for some years now, but it looks a bit different then the Srixon pattern:
All of these golf balls have some things in common. Take the "Dimple in Dimple" pattern on the covers, for example. Top-Flite says this unique dimple design (small dimples positioned inside 332 larger primary dimples) promotes increased distance for a wide range of players. The Dimple in Dimple pattern reduces drag, provides additional lift and maintains the optimal spin so the balls are able to stay in the air longer and fly farther.

1618598989865.png

This type of dimple pattern looks great to my eye, but Topflite has been using a similar technology. Topflite has dimple in dimple pattern for some years now, but it looks a bit different then the Srixon pattern

Bridgestone has used dimple in dimple for a LONG time. This is a different animal.

I haven't read through the entire thread but I wonder how these compare to the e6 line?

I was able to test these along with a few other balls a few months ago. I bought a dozen the other day and really had a great round and will be keeping these stocked in my bag. Cant wait to see the video!

I haven't read through the entire thread but I wonder how these compare to the e6 line?
Very similar to the older e6 models, IMO. They feel a bit softer, fly a bit further and perform maybe a bit better on the greens, but the main commonality with the e6 is that they're a super straight ball. I'm really enjoying playing these.

After reading all the good reviews, thinking about trading 2 dozen TP5 yellow I got for Christmas and get these in the matte green or one dozen in white.

After reading all the good reviews, thinking about trading 2 dozen TP5 yellow I got for Christmas and get these in the matte green or one dozen in white.
I really like the matte green. It looked so “limey” compared to the optic yellow Supersofts I used to play - then one of my buddies bought the matte green Supersofts and man, those are *really* limey! They make the e12s look almost straight yellow by comparison!

Played 9 holes with these yesterday and came away pretty darn impressed. Very good for what they are designed to do which is low spin off the tee. I had no issue holding greens on approach shots (we have a video coming up on that).

I could put it in play no problem.

what compression are they and are they good good for a high handicaper

Played 9 holes with these yesterday and came away pretty darn impressed. Very good for what they are designed to do which is low spin off the tee. I had no issue holding greens on approach shots (we have a video coming up on that).

I could put it in play no problem.
I hit a 112 yard tee shot on a par 3 today and the ball came to rest just over a foot from my ball mark on the green. Had several approach shots from 120-150 where it stopped within 3-8 feet of the ball mark.

what compression are they and are they good good for a high handicaper
Compression is around 70 from what Ive found on the internet. I would say for the price alone you should buy it! I think they are perfect for a high handicap as well. Im around a 17 and shot my best round ever last week. I wont say it was all because of the ball but I will say my misses stayed in the yard as opposed to the OB!

Compression is around 70 from what Ive found on the internet. I would say for the price alone you should buy it! I think they are perfect for a high handicap as well. Im around a 17 and shot my best round ever last week. I wont say it was all because of the ball but I will say my misses stayed in the yard as opposed to the OB!
I've played 22 rounds with the e12 Contact and somehow only managed to lose 3 balls. These things really want to go straight and stay in play. I've also shot my all-time PB with them, gotten a hole-in-one, and on average I've been shooting my best scores ever. Not saying that's all the ball, but they certainly haven't hurt either.

play the e12 contact today and have to say was very impressed.

My ave drive was in line with the higher profile balls usually looked at for distance and my green stoppage was on point.

The greens were playing very hard and fast and the e12 consistently was able to hold the green on approach shots, plus my chips had a nice spin for control.

Hit my second shot on #2 over the green last night, found an old friend! Played the next 16 holes at +1. Going to have to buy a dozen for my scramble with Mrs. Reject on Saturday!

Back